Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2019 Ceremony: TV Reactions Thread

Golden Globes 2019 Ceremony: TV Reactions Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 174 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Ivo Stoyanov
Eden
  • AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh Wow! And I came 35th here for the TV predictions.

35th for TV and 10th for movies, these are my best Golden Globe Predictions ever. So happy!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

And your November 30th deadline is pretty arbitrary considering that a lot of network shows end for midseason after that. Just admit that you’re coming up with any reason on Earth to delegitimize Maisel’s win.

Why is it that arbitrary? Other shows have midseason finales that should absolutely be eligible. But Maisel STARTED ITS SEASON ON DECEMBER 4, two days before the Globe nominations were announced. There’s a hell of a difference, at least please concede that. Amazon took advantage of that loophole you could drive an 18-wheeler through. I’m just saying let’s not have a rerun of that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Amy Adams: I got the gold medal in the bag re: who got snubbed the worst!

Kristen Bell and The Good Place: Hold our beer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

These forkers gonna make me wait until 10:45 to see if KB and TGP win or lose? Diabolical!

😀

I was off by only 20 minutes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Hahaha, I told you, I have never been more sure about something, Bell cannot win without Danson been nominated

Hey to the 2018 Critics Choices, where BOTH were nominated; Danson won and Brosnahan continued her reign of error/terror which lasts to this day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Came 11th on the TV side. Makes up for my horrid performance on the film side I guess. Ha Ha.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I would never have imagined Brosnahan repeating over so many non-winners. I’m so happy for her, she deserves every award out there.

So, so fucking happy for The Americans too. After Madden won and the series announced I kept expecting Russell to win too, so that was a bummer. Sandra Oh is a great and very deserving winner but her speech was pretty underwhelming. I knew Comedy Series/Lead Actor combo was going to happen with one of those three shows, I just picked the wrong one. Douglas deserves it nonetheless. Surprised Cruz lost Supporting Actress to Clarkson, that was one of the biggest shocks for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Patricia Clarkson was the worst win of the night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Looking back, some “surprises” weren’t surprises at all. Brosnahan didn’t have strong competition to lose a second Globe, we (some of us) just went with the hype for The Good PlaceVersace did pretty good, it perfectly fits the Globes. Whishaw is a Globes type, I’ve said it before, and his category is usually won by drama performers. Arquette was a big surprise, since they snubbed Del Toro and Dano. I mean, they nominated Bruhl over them. The Americans was destined to win something, but who knew it would be Drama. Madden, like others said, is the hot new foreign actor the HFPA loves.

I laughed at my terrible score (36%), but very proud for putting my super bets on Whishaw and Oh. It helped me score 18000 points. I did some stupid last minute changes which hurt my predictions.

On the TV side, I loved the wins for The Americans, Madden and Arquette, but barfed at The Kominsky Method winning Comedy and Actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Came 11th on the TV side. Makes up for my horrid performance on the film side I guess. Ha Ha.

Waw, congrats, you are my hero!

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Cannot believe HFPA has denied Julia Roberts twice for slumming it on TV. Is she truly a yesterday’s news now?

Nope, they just liked other performances more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow, I did miserably with my predictions. I’m normally so good at this. I feel like a failure. How could I mess up so badly?!

You chose almost all of the favorites from Gold Derby, you should have been riskier. Also, you did not predicted two of the few locks of the night – Ali (he did not win for Moonlight and they obviously liked Green Book much more than Can you ever forgive me?) and Sharp objects, when like I said multiple times Versace is the same juggernaut that OJ Simpson and Big Little Lies were, it is unbeatable and it is far superior in quality in comparisons to his rivals, quality always matters at some extent.

Of course, I was right about a lot of things and I was riskier and my score was terrible as well, so yeah, it is very difficult to predict the Globes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Prelim ratings are in: 12.7 rating/21 share, down 5% (four-year low since 2015’s Tina Fey and Amy Poehler-hosted 12.6). Complete numbers later on today.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I did better on TV (eight-hundred-and -eighty-something) but I figured as much. Always do better on the tv ones

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Looking back, some “surprises” weren’t surprises at all. Brosnahan didn’t have strong competition to lose a second Globe, we (some of us) just went with the hype for The Good Place.

Brosnahan beat the woman who tops her in every way, quality-wise. The last time a repeat Comedy Actress winner happened was around a decade ago. And HFPA is trying to scam us into believing Bell isn’t in Brosnahan’s league. An absolute pile of steaming horse-s.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.