Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2019 TV Nominations Reactions

Golden Globes 2019 TV Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Eden
Diet Teridax
Stegeo
  • DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Which TV network has the most nominations?

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

And they are a first-time nominee. Missing the three nominations for The Americans cost me the ground that I gained by predicting the This is Us shutout. Three of my eleventh-hour changes improved my predictions and none of them cost me, so that is good. Ultimately though, I did worse than the odds overall, which is always super frustrating, so this is a loss. And of course Paul killed it.

Yeah, you are right, with all this emotions I mistook first time nominees with first season shows. This was my first prediction of the Globes, I am at 509 place with 66.67%, it is not bad, but it could have been better. What frustrates me is that I predicted all the snubs that you and many other were predicting: Robin Wright, Kevin Costner, Billy Bob Thornton, Liev Schreiber and The Little Drummer Girl and his entire cast. Bob Odenkirk, J.K. Simmons and Jodie Comer shocked me as well… I also predicted three noms for GLOW when they only like Alison Brie…

And yes, Paul is the best at this game!

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

FX which makes me so happy! Then HBO and Amazon… And only after all this Netflix which makes me happy, they need to stop killing their own shows, most of their production only exist for a week, this is so sad…

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

FX with 10. Followed by HBO and Amazon with 9.

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m iffy on Billy tbh. If he wins, great and deserved but I feel like the other two seem more like something the GGs will like more

yeah, James and Madden are more Globe picks. But Porter getting in really increases his chances at SAG and Emmys.

Malinda Kao
    Participant
    Topics:

FX is closing out this year strong between the AFI list and their Golden Globes haul. I always like seeing them do well because they feel scrappier than their rivals. They seem to have a smaller budget and less shows overall than streaming behemoths like Netflix and their strategy seems to be based around carefully curating and cultivating what shows they do have.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Really glad that FX is the lead and not Netflix! I’m always rooting for HBO but even I can admit they didn’t have so many strong material this year.. Although I am rooting for Sharp Object everywhere. next year they’ll bounce back perhaps. Veep, GoT, True Detective, Watchmen maybe… 2nd place is still great though

i feel bad for Showtime for being underrepresented there, to me it always seems like they are always trying the most. And they produce some very good stuff

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Dvir B.A..
    Malinda Kao
    Participant
    Topics:

i feel bad for Showtime for being underrepresented there, to me it always seems like they are always trying the most. And they produce some very good stuff

I agree. Showtime feels scrappy too and they do have good shows. I like seeing them land noms as well.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Which do you think is winning Killing Eve or Homecoming? I don’t see A Very English Scandal or The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel winning therefore based on previous years’ patterns Homecoming is the default Amazon winner. On the other hand, we have Sandra Oh as this year’s host. Maybe they don’t give a program win to Amazon this year.

José
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael Douglas is nominated ! So well deserved ! Glad to see Alan Arkin among the nominees too.

Vicennn
    Participant
    Topics:

Rooting for Bodyguard and Richard Madden.

AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

LOVE the Bergen nom!

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

Rich Landry
    Participant
    Topics:

Highlights:
    The Kominsky Method (Series, Douglas, Arkin)
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel love
    The Good Place
    Pose & Porter
    A Very English Scandal (Grant & Whishaw)

Lowlights:
    No Haunting of Hill House
    No Ted Danson
    No Maniac and Emma Stone
    No other Will & Grace actors

Surprising:
    No Handmaid’s Tale
    Candice Bergen
    Bodyguard love

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly just here for my two favorite performances of the year being acknowledged – Amy Adams and Keri Russell. The Jodie Comer (better than Oh, both should be nominated), Eliza Scanlen (knew she wouldn’t happen but still), Milo Ventimiglia (figured TIU could get shut out but come ON Globes!) snubs hurt. Also the lack of love for the men in Escape at Dannemora annoys me, they’re both fantastic on that show.

Anyway, give me wins for Keri Russell (alt – Sandra Oh), Matthew Rhys (no alt lol just him), Kristen Bell (hell yeah), Bill Hader (this category is meh to me anyway), Amy Adams (she MUST win), Hugh Grant (please not Criss), Patricia Clarkson (in replace of what would have been Scanlen’s deserved win), and Kieran Culkin (that would be fun).

HappyLittleWorkingSong
    Participant
    Topics:

DRAMA SERIES: Homecoming, maybe Pose

COMEDY SERIES: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, maybe The Kominsky Method

LIMITED SERIES: Sharp Objects, maybe American Crime Story

DRAMA ACTOR: Stephan James, maybe Billy Porter

DRAMA ACTRESS: Julia Roberts, maybe Sandra Oh

COMEDY ACTOR: Michael Douglas, maybe Jim Carrey

COMEDY ACTRESS: Alison Brie, maybe Rachel Brosnahan

LIMITED ACTOR: Darren Criss, maybe Hugh Grant

LIMITED ACTRESS: Amy Adams, maybe Patricia Arquette

SUPPORTING ACTOR: Alan Arkin, maybe Henry Winkler

SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Yvonne Strahovski, maybe Patricia Clarkson

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 TV Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.