Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2019 TV Nominations Reactions

Golden Globes 2019 TV Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 160 total)
Created
4 days ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Eden
Diet Teridax
Stegeo
  • methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Robin Wright probably won’t even get a SAG or Emmy nomination now.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I never bought The Haunting of Hill House being a thing.

Leilani
    Participant
    Topics:

Rooting for everything Amy Adams and The Americans! And I’m soooo glad Yvonne Strahovski got a nom this year! Without the possibility of vote-splitting with fellow cast members this time around, I truly hope the HFPA gets its shit together

kobi
    Participant
    Topics:

These tv nods were messy af… in Comedy series, and Drama…

Some nominees are over the top choices …

Malinda Kao
    Participant
    Topics:

I never bought The Haunting of Hill House being a thing.

Back in the old predictions thread, I wondered if the Golden Globes currently have a bit of an anti-horror bias because they don’t like Stranger Things and American Horror Story as much as the Emmys do, so I was prepared for them to snub The Haunting of Hill House as well.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Surprisingly good TV nods! Shocked to see “Bodyguard” in Drama Series as I thought it was a limited series. Is it returning for season 2? Thrilled for Richard Madden! “Maisel” just made it in under the wire. I guess it was screened for HFPA early. Nice 1990s realness with BOTH Debra Messing and Candice Bergen in Best Actress Drama! Sad that both Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes were snubbed, but what can you do in that ridiculous catch-all category. On the other hand, they recognized Kieran Culkin for “Succession”!!! Inspired nomination! You bitches slept on this amazing series when you shouldn’t have. How is Sacha Baron Cohen even eligible for “Who Is America”? That’s bizarre. Sandra Oh should be assured a win now for “Killing Eve.” Where is Robin Wright? Ugh. Couldn’t be happier for all the love for “Pose,” “Sharp Objects,” “Versace,” and “Escape at Dannemora”!

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

This morning, broadcast television received just four Golden globe nominations. And The Good Place got half of them.

TheBiggestRetiredFemaleMovieStarInTheWorld
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know why people are shocked about Debra Messing getting nominated. The moment episode about Grace being sexually assaulted as a teenager aired I knew she was getting nominated for it. Also HFPA has always adored her. I expect her to finally win her overdue GG this year.

Maniac getting snubbed across the board pleases me.

The Haunting of Hill House getting a complete shut out saddens me.

Now I’m going back to mourning my beloved furry friend.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

The way the Sharp Objects haters were completely silenced! Stone definitely deserved a nomination for Maniac though.

Rooting for either Russell or her show in Drama Series (Rhys has already won a major award).

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I would have made room for Eliza Scanlen, possibly over Patricia Clarkson.

Extremely sad that Milo missed out. He’s doing series-best work on “This Is Us” right now, and the series also earned its placement in Drama Series.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

May I ask why you continuously blast actresses who aren’t Kristen Bell? I mean damn, show some humility and tact for a change. And before you call me a “hater”, I’ll just point out that I am team Bell.

Never underestimate Bergen or Messing. Bergen had 9 GG noms prior to this morning with two wins and messing has 8 or 9 with no win yet but she is killing it.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I would have made room for Eliza Scanlen, possibly over Patricia Clarkson.

That was never going to happen. She has a chance at the Emmys though if they remember the show.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I only had The Americans getting in for Rhys so couldn’t be more happier getting this wrong

kobi
    Participant
    Topics:

Back in the old predictions thread, I wondered if the Golden Globes currently have a bit of an anti-horror bias because they don’t like Stranger Things and American Horror Story as much as the Emmys do, so I was prepared for them to snub The Haunting of Hill House as well.

Sometimes there are just more deserving than our fav.
    And all the limited series or TV movie nominated are better than Apocalypse imo.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

That was never going to happen. She has a chance at the Emmys though if they remember the show.

It’s what I said I wanted to happen, not what I predicted. Scanlen > Clarkson > Perkins.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2019 TV Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.