Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 378 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Lil Dicky could probably win if nominated. His situation reminds me of Youssef last year (critically acclaimed spring premiere auteur show misses Emmys/TCA), the hardest part just seems to be the nomination.

On the one hand they love Carrey & it’s Showtime but, on another hand, the show got cancelled and they tend not to recognize dead shows.

If they really want Showtime there’s always Cheadle (Black Monday) right there. They did give him the win for House of Lies after all.

Platt could be an easy repeat filler, but Politician S2 was ridiculously buzzless.

It was so buzzless but I think it’ll / Platt will miss just because of the forgettableness outside of S2 (unless Netflix campaigns for it) and there’s other viable Ryan Murphy options to choose from this year (in both TV & film).

It’s funny though ’cause it’s really easy to fill the 5 spots with Sudeikis, Youssef, Levy, Platt, Carrey and won’t be surprised if that’s indeed the line-up, it makes sense.

Yeah it’s an easy five but I don’t know if the HFPA would be that simple. Only betting-money confident on Sudeikis & Youssef. As already discussed, Carey’s show is dead (and there’s only so much SNL can help) and Platt’s show is buzzless.

Levy could miss since Schitt’s was completely blanked last year and despite the Emmy sweep, they’ve shown that they just don’t care about shows sometimes (Veep never winning, GoT getting dumped for S2-S3, Breaking Bad’s only two wins coming at the very last chance they had and Aaron Paul only being nominated once with them).

Assuming WWDITS gets series, it’ll be really convenient for them to tick off either/both of Berry & Novak (both of whom have been working in the British comedy circuit forever).

Asa Butterfield & Michael Cimino aren’t anyone’s favourite parts of their respective shows but the Globes take to teen/YA tv material more than any other body and can be easy ways to represent their shows (A Cimino nod would also give them a leg up on the Emmys whom received criticism this past cycle for their lack of Latinx nominees).

Then Nick Frost (another legend in UK comedy) & Robbie Amell, both of whom Amazon’s backing which can never be underestimated here (4/6 comedy series winner never not been nominated).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is the Euphoria Christmas special going to be eligible here? Because if so I can see Zendaya winning Limited/Movie Actress simply because she won the Drama Actress Emmy.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:
    boss
    Topics:

Is the Euphoria Christmas special going to be eligible here? Because if so I can see Zendaya winning Limited/Movie Actress simply because she won the Drama Actress Emmy.

If that happens it will prove that HFPA just want to copy and paste from the Emmys in television, I don’t think that special episode should be considered as a television movie. Also, can’t we just scrap the term “television movie” as so many movies are available only on streaming platforms nowadays.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

If that happens it will prove that HFPA just want to copy and paste from the Emmys in television

Y’all remember when Kathy Bates got nominated for Freak Show just because she won the Emmy for Coven.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Is anyone else watching the Comey rule? I can’t help but notice that the most predicted nominee from the show, Brendan Gleeson, gives a very unconvincing and lazy impression of Trump. I’m taking him out for now because I’m actually quite shocked with how underwhelming he is, but his category is quite weak so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was still able to sneak in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Gleeson has one of the most acclaimed performances of the past 12 months. Not sure what show you watched.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

It looks like Genius: Aretha is facing a big obstacle to making the cut for the Globes this year: https://deadline.com/2020/10/genius-aretha-shuts-down-production-covid-19-1234600432/.

And any chance that Away gets marketed as a limited series now, the way Seven Seconds was?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

My bet is Gleeson is on the Crowe-Loudest Voice trajectory at best. His reviews are slightly better than that for the show, but still pretty mixed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Gleeson has one of the most acclaimed performances of the past 12 months. Not sure what show you watched.

Really? I would say that’s a stretch since most of the reviews I’ve read about him have been mixed. But that’s beside the point since I was talking about how I was personally shocked with how underwhelming I found his performance to be and would therefore be surprised if he’s awarded excessively for this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I indeed don’t know what to do with The Comey Rule either. I have it getting triple nominated (Series, Actor and Supporting Actor with winning for Gleeson) ’cause it’s Showtime, but I’m not convinced it will get these nominations. Daniels isn’t really flashy and there’s Cranston, Hawke, Grant, Mescal, Jackman and Ruffalo already, and Gleeson was low-key awful and the show a painful bore.

yeah I’ve gone from nominating it in three categories to none lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Really? I would say that’s a stretch since most of the reviews I’ve read about him have been mixed.

It is. Literally the first review that pops up on Google says Gleeson struggles to encapsulate Trump in it. Him having one of the most acclaimed performance of this current Emmy cycle, let alone the past 12 months is a big reach.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit starts off on Metacritic at 87 with 5 reviews and 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 5 reviews.

Anya Taylor-Joy has received raves in even the most negative review thus far (which gave it 6/10).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.