Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Is Small Axe Anthology eligible? John Boyega could surprise…

It is, forget about it. Yeah both him and Wright are likely getting nominated.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Probably going to remove The Undoing and add The Queen’s Gambit.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think both are getting in.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

I’m going to remove it as well. Already had my doubts and now I’m pretty sure this isn’t happening.

Profile picture
    mariogomez
    Topics:

I think The Undoing is getting in. Last year the Morning Show and the Loudest Voice weren’t received well by crítics and still got nominated. Plus, HFPA loves David E. Kelley.

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

I think The Undoing is getting in. Last year the Morning Show and the Loudest Voice weren’t received well by crítics and still got nominated. Plus, HFPA loves David E. Kelley.

Maybe but this category is crowded as hell and given the context I don’t think HFPA will snub well received and higly praised series like The Good Lord Bird or I May Destroy You. Last year there were totally different times.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Last year there were less big contenders for limited series. Unbelievable was the only acclaimed and buzzed fall contender. This year we have I May Destroy You, The Good Lord Bird and The Queen’s Gambit. Your Honor and Small Axe might join to the list too. Fargo is a legacy show and The Haunting of Bly Manor has an impressing popularity. You see The Undoing has many opponents.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The Good Lord Bird screams Hawke nom only for me.

Profile picture
    mariogomez
    Topics:

Maybe but this category is crowded as hell and given the context I don’t think HFPA will snub well received and higly praised series like The Good Lord Bird or I May Destroy You. Last year were totally different times.

They snubbed When They See Us.

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

They snubbed When They See Us.

The whole point of my post was that those were different times.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If The Undoing gets snubbed here it’s because of poor audience reception not its critical reception. The Morning Show, The Politician and The Loudest Voice all had worse or just as mixed reviews as this has gotten and they got in. I highly doubt a show HBO are pushing a s*** tonne from David E. Kelley starting two big HFPA darlings gets snubbed in Series, Actor or Actress. It seems to have some buzz right now and it’s not like the show is “panned considering it only has two reviews of that kind on MC. These aren’t the Critics Choice awards!

I do agree it’s not winning anything though.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

If The Undoing gets snubbed here it’s because of poor audience reception not its critical reception. The Morning Show, The Politician and The Loudest Voice all had worse or just as mixed reviews as this has gotten and they got in. I highly doubt a show HBO are pushing a s*** tonne from David E. Kelley starting two big HFPA darlings gets snubbed in Series, Actor or Actress. It seems to have some buzz right now and it’s not like the show is “panned considering it only has two reviews of that kind on MC. These aren’t the Critics Choice awards!

I do agree it’s not winning anything though.

But we were talking about Series not the acting categories. It just seems weird to nominate another show about white rich people or only shows about white people and their problems but snub a show that centers on black women and queer voices who are sexual assault survivors and another one with a predominantly black cast that focuses on the abolitionist movement that sparked the Civil War. It’s just how I see things because of everything that has been happening this year but yeah, I could also be dead wrong in thinking context could have such a big impact.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I can understand it, but the comparison between The Undoing and The Morning Show is, imo, quite flawed.

TMS was the flagship show of a brand new streaming service that included the buzzy return to tv of not only Jennifer Aniston, one of the most popular actresses, but also Steve Carell on top of being the first post BLL show of Reese Witherspoon. All of this had some kind of novelty factor that attracted the HFPA. It’s also worth mentioning the subject matter was also attractive, it’s a show about the media with plotlines related to the Me Too movement, which made it timely. Lastly, TMS was liked by the audience despite an initial mediocre reception from critics (based on just 3 episodes), critics who themselves seem to appreciate the show more now, as shown by the TCA nomination in Best New Series.

But what’s the novelty  factor in The Undoing? Nicole Kidman doing TV isn’t one, same thing for Hugh Grant. Them doing a David E. Kelley HBO thriller/soap certainly isn’t either. It is no different than limited series from the past few years such as BLL Sharp Objects or LFE (which actually had a timely factor that The Undoing lacks). It’s also worth mentioning the HFPA watched The Undoing way back in April, because they had screeners before HBO switched the premiere date from May to Fall, their reaction to it also didn’t seem to be more enthusiastic than critics, considering some were tweeting Kidman was “redoing Celeste”.

Having said all that, I can totally see a scenario in which the show is snubbed in favor of more acclaimed, and potentially buzzier programs such as Unorthodox, The Queen’s Gambit, I May Destroy You, Showtime offerings etc. The category is crowded enough for a passionless The Undoing to miss.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)’ is closed to new replies.