Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

HFPA don’t care about equity. They’re like the only major awards body that’s cool with handing out multiple trophies to the same actors in one night. There is no way Colman is not nominated for The Crown. A doubly nomination is highly likely.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Kidman is getting in one way or the other. If they nominated her for Destroyer they are nominating her for at least one of The Undoing and The Prom.

I mean she’s a huge HFPA darling.

This. She’s been nominated every year since Lion and even when her projects flopped (Boy Erased, Bombshell) she still got nominated for something else in arguably more competitive categories (Destroyer, Big Little Lies S2).

They even nominated Keith Urban for a no1curr song in what an forgotten film in 2013 just for her to attend.

She’s definitely making it in for one of her projects (maybe even both considering film supporting actress is basically three near-locks and everybody else).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She’s definitely making it in for one of her projects (maybe even both considering film supporting actress is basically three near-locks and everybody else).

Especially considering how The Undoing is probably locked for Series, Actress and Actor noms here (and perhaps even competitive in Actor considering how this is meant to be Hugh Grant’s career best performance and the HFPA love Grant although I think regardless of whether he’s nominated at SAG and CC that Hawke is probably walking away with the Globe). It’s worth mentioning that less than a week after the first episode was released the show is already in 60th place on HBO Go (internationally because I know HBO Go is now HBO Max in the US) of all shows seen this year so unless the audience runs away in the upcoming episodes I’d say this shows that the show is being seen quite widely in spite of its 70s RT score and 60s MC score so I think it’s safely in (and I didn’t even like the first episode that much).

Also Kidman and Blanchett are the closest any A list actresses are coming to be as respected as Streep it seems (although of course Kidman did miss for Big Little Lies this year but it could be possible that it was as a result of the producers scandal).

Probably also worth mentioning now that both shows have finished airing that Lovecraft Country and Perry Mason are 14th and 15th respectively out of all shows on HBO Go internationally this year which is testament to how big they are in terms of being audience hits and how they could potentially surprise at SAG (even though I found parts of Lovecraft about slow and found Perry Mason to be more <i>Perry Boreson </i>the performances on both shows are quite baity and we could be underestimating the potential for a Rhys sweep). On Hulu Lovecraft Country is 10th (whilst Dave is 11th and P-Valley is 12th). On iTunes Perry Mason is 30th of all shows in the world.

Also to further show the show’s popularity was being on underestimated on here this year Killing Eve was 8th out of all shows on HBO Go internationally this year and 4th out of all shows on iTunes this year.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

6 episodes into Ted Lasso and Jason Sudeikis is so winning here. A fairly well liked comedian getting a breakthrough/comeback headlining a sleeper hit on a major network in which he not only gives a great leading performance, but also is one of the primary creative forces behind the show.

Also please add Hannah Wadingham. She’s fantastic and very likely could get nominated here. Especially if they push her in the more open leading category, although supporting is where she belongs.

And whole I’m at it, once again, please add Antony Starr.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Watched The Great and it’s very good plus both leads are outstanding. Now i’m torn between it vs Ted Lasso vs Schitt’s Creek for Comedy/ Musical Series.

The Great looks like a show the Golden Globes would embrace. But Ted Lasso (my personal favorite) seems to be more popular with and liked by general audiences and it’s more new so that’s something. I’m personally rooting against Schitt’s Creek (because i’ve never seen it).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

According to FlixPatrol The Queen’s Gambit has become more watched internationally than Unorthodox and Dead to Me and is now the 52nd most watched programme on Netflix in the world this year after only premiering last Friday and has been at no.1 in more countries than both shows.

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2020/full#type2

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

According to FlixPatrol The Queen’s Gambit has become more watched internationally than Unorthodox and Dead to Me and is now the 52nd most watched programme on Netflix in the world this year after only premiering last Friday and has been at no.1 in more countries than both shows.

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2020/full#type2

Why is there another version of Gambit at #62?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m rooting for anything but Schitt’s Creek, but I find it very hard to think of it losing, I’m probably letting O’Hara, the show and Dan Levy at the top spot til the end, on my predictions.

I only see Eugene Levy losing for Sudeikis and Annie Murphy probably not even being nominated, but if she is, she would lose to one of the Crown ladies.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

There is no way Annie Murphy wins here. I loved her performance but I find it hard to see her overcoming any of The Crown ladies, Uzo Aduba or even Julia Garner for the win.

I think either Aduba wins or the Limited series supporting actress control here ends. Aduba is the only Limited Series supporting actress who can win which is ironic because if she was competing in the Drama categories she’d be borderline guest.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I’m rooting for anything but Schitt’s Creek, but I find it very hard to think of it losing, I’m probably letting O’Hara, the show and Dan Levy at the top spot til the end, on my predictions. I only see Eugene Levy losing for Sudeikis and Annie Murphy probably not even being nominated, but if she is, she would lose to one of the Crown ladies.

I actually think it’s going home empty handed, though I have it as runner up in series, actor, and actress. I think D. Levy and Murphy will both be snubbed.

The Globes usually go for something shiny and new, so I believe they’ll be happy to give wins to Sudeikis and Fanning, with either one of their shows being in a prime position to win. For now I’ll go with Ted Lasso as it’s the more accessible of the two, and I’m pretty sure Apple is gonna push really hard for it. They’ve already renewed it for a third season before the second’s been shot, so I think they’re ready to put their all behind this show.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Globes usually go for something shiny and new, so I believe they’ll be happy to give wins to Sudeikis and Fanning, with either one of their shows being in a prime position to win. For now I’ll go with Ted Lasso as it’s the more accessible of the two, and I’m pretty sure Apple is gonna push really hard for it. They’ve already renewed it for a third season before the second’s been shot, so I think they’re ready to put their all behind this show.

Let’s not also forget that winning or breaking through at the Emmys doesn’t automatically guarantee you a Globe nomination like it used to. This applies to Garner as well (although I am currently predicting Garner here) and this applies to Unorthodox here.

Just last year the HFPA snubbed Game of Thrones everywhere apart from Actor. They shut Schitt’s Creek out and snubbed Peter Dinklage, Alex Borstein and Tony Shalhoub in the supporting categories. They also snubbed Jharrel Jerome and snubbed When They See Us in Series for Unbelievable.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

This applies to Garner as well (although I am currently predicting Garner here)

To be fair, this is the first time that Garner is Globe eligible since her first Emmy win in September 2019, so she’s in a real Schrödinger’s cat situation right now.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I actually think it’s going home empty handed, though I have it as runner up in series, actor, and actress. I think D. Levy and Murphy will both be snubbed.

Same, honestly if C/M actor wasn’t so empty I’d be predicting an Eugene snub as well.

Profile picture
    Ben Heath (Articufilm)
    Topics:

The more I think about it, the less likely Schitt’s Creek is to get major wins. Its no longer shiny and new, as many people have said and had already broken out at awards bodies last year, yet the Globes chose to snub it. Granted the competition is weak this year, however, I can’t see the HFPA giving it awards as its no longer new or an old favourite. There just seem to be other shows more up the Globes alley.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The more I think about it, the less likely Schitt’s Creek is to get major wins. Its no longer shiny and new, as many people have said and had already broken out at awards bodies last year, yet the Globes chose to snub it. Granted the competition is weak this year, however, I can’t see the HFPA giving it awards as its no longer new or an old favourite. There just seem to be other shows more up the Globes alley.

I mean it could very well just get O’Hara and Levy in like GoT just got Harrington in. Ted Lasso has been building a lot of hype and buzz as each episode has aired and the buzz for The Great has really been building gradually (hence why it got into Writing and Directing but not Series or acting). In fact had The Great and Ted Lasso aired in like February it may have been those two vs each other rather than what we saw this year.

It’s the same reason why I think we’re underestimating Daisy Edgar-Jones. The hype for Normal People is still there. Paul Mescal just did a live theatre project with Kenneth Lonergan and both Mescal and Edgar-Jones are literally being cast in everything. I think she could very well get in over Shira Haas (who even though she’s one of the most deserving in this category I haven’t seen any buzz or heard anyone talk about Unorthodox or her since the Emmys).

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)’ is closed to new replies.