Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Question to those who keep up with the HFPA members on Twitter: what, if anything at all, have they said about Schitt’s Creek?

FYC:

Best Actress: Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    Best Supporting Actress: Ellen Burstyn (Pieces of a Woman)
    Best Supporting Actor: Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Question to those who keep up with the HFPA members on Twitter: what, if anything at all, have they said about Schitt’s Creek?

I only saw one HFPA member talk about it and it was a picture of the Emmys they posted and it said “am I watching the Emmys or is this Schitt’s Creek?”

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I only saw one HFPA member talk about it and it was a picture of the Emmys they posted and it said “am I watching the Emmys or is this Schitt’s Creek?”

interesting… I really can’t imagine a world where Schitts Creek gets more than O’Hara and Levy in tbh.

FYC:

Best Actress: Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    Best Supporting Actress: Ellen Burstyn (Pieces of a Woman)
    Best Supporting Actor: Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami)

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Ana Maria Bahiana recommended the show a few years ago.

The chaotic editing from Moulin Rouge!

I love it, I love it, I love it, but I also have my problems with it.

Nicole Kidman is amazing in Moulin Rouge!

The film won the Golden Globe and the PGA for Best Motion Picture

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Honest opinions: am I crazy for predicting Oh and not Comer here?

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Not really, the competition is not that strong.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

These are the Golden Globes. Nothing is crazy.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Both Oh and Comer could happen so…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Both Oh and Comer could happen so…

I had them both in at one point actually. The HFPA like Killing Eve more than the TV Academy do so for all we know the show can get 4 noms in this time round (Series, Actress, Actress and S. Actress).

I mean after all it did get nominated in Series over GoT and Euphoria last year.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

And I think if there is a place Oh could happen over Comer, it’s actually SAG. Comer was chosen as the KE representative last year because she had just won Emmy, now they could just go back to Oh.

Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

They should add Marielle Heller to the predictions center for Queen’s Gambit. The show is a huge hit on netflix and she’s got a fun narrative (actress to critically acclaimed director back to actress)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You can call me a delusional stan if you want but I actually think if I Hate Suzie does do well in the US on a similar-ish level to I May Destroy You (or at least doesn’t flop like Years and Years) that Piper could actually be a threat to Fanning for the Comedy Actress Globe. The show was a big hit in the UK when it dropped on streaming and Piper is massive in the UK (she became quite famous as a teen pop star and then became ridiculously more famous as the co-lead on the revival of Doctor Who back when the show was the biggest show on British television and then she went and did a big Comedy on Showtime and ITV here and then she went and made a historic sweep of all the theatre awards for her performance in Yerma) and I think she has built a bit of a “niche” following in the US with her roles in Penny Dreadful. Then you have the fact that she co-created her show and that the other co-creator is one of the executive producers and writers on Succession.

If it lands she’s one to watch out for.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

But it’s not a comedy?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I prematurely slotted in Dakota Fanning. I don’t feel confident in that prediction AT ALL, but I feel like it’s that unexpected nom they could throw at us. Plus, having both Fanning sisters nominated would be so-HFPA.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But it’s not a comedy?

I’d say it’s more of a dramedy.

I don’t think it’s category fraud for the show to go comedy but that might just be me. For example I didn’t particularly think things like the shoe shop scene, the scene where Suzie does coke with Dexter Fletcher’s character or the line where Naomi says Suzie smells like she’s had with someone whose crotch smells like a bin were particularly dramatic and I also don’t particularly think bits like Suzie’s emotional breakdown or her trying to resolve her crumbling marriage in the earlier episodes are comedic.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)’ is closed to new replies.