Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

These are always so entirely random that I didn’t even try to overthink, just went through each category thinking what the “Globe” thing to do would be.
    I have Ratched and Paulson getting in because they went for the Politician and Ratched has proven to be more successful than that. Jason Sudeikis is probably winning, and I think Ted Lasso easily is getting nominated. Not sure why Pelphrey would get in here after missing at the Emmys when the Globes haven’t shown much love to Ozark, but it’s probably Garners time. I feel weird predicting Aduba with her only really having one episode. The Ewan McGregor win has me put Chris Rock in over Hugh Jackman.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

What long shot predictions do you guys have? Here’s mine : – Fargo shut out. – The Mandalorian snub. – Lovecraft Country only getting in Actor. – Nick Frost. – Dave Burd. – Lily Collins – Unorthodox and Normal People snub in Series. – The Queen’s Gambit in Series and Actress. – Tom Pelphrey snub. – The Comey Rule shut out.

Is that a long shot though?! He’s actually much more likely to get snubbed than to get in here. I really don’t understand this overconfidence. He’s almost #1 in the predictions.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I see Pelphrey being a lot like this year’s Andrew Scott, he’ll get nominated for every award except for the Emmys.

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trial of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Golden Globes (TV): Ted Lasso (Best Comedy Series), Jason Sudekis (Best Actor in a Comedy Series), Hannah Waddingham (Best Supporting Actress), The Boys (Best Drama Series), Anthony Starr (Best Actor in a Drama Series)

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

The buzzy British half-hour drama: Normal People I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Ewan McGregor win has me put Chris Rock in over Hugh Jackman.

To be fair though McGregor did win when the incumbent Emmy winner was ineligible. Rock can get in but he faces tough competition to me from Cranston, Grant, Hawke, Mescal and Jackman. Even Evans.

Nothing For Your Honor

That is bold.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I see Pelphrey being a lot like this year’s Andrew Scott, he’ll get nominated for every award except for the Emmys.

Yup! I just mentioned that in an article I wrote 🙂

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The only lock in S. Actress is Gillian Anderson who ironically hasn’t been nominated in 13 years.

To me comparison would hold only if Ozark had the same Emmys success as Fleabag and remained in the conversation like it had (which it has done neither of).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

I would love a Stateless nomination. Best show I’ve watched since the Emmys elegibily ended.

FYC TV: Stateless | We Are Who We Are | Cate Blanchett in Stateless | Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You

FYC Movie: Boys In The Band | Toni Collette in I’m Thinking Of Ending Things | Jim Parsons in The Boys In The Band | Shailene Woodley in Endings, Beginnings | Zoey Deutch in Buffaloed | Sebastian Stan in Endings, Beginnings

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The Pelphrey stans feeding their delusion to everyone again I see

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Has anyone seen the trailer for ‘industry’? It looks pretty good and it’s HBO…

FYC:

Best Actress: Viola Davis (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom)
    Best Actor: Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
    Best Supporting Actress: Ellen Burstyn (Pieces of a Woman)
    Best Supporting Actor: Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Has anyone seen the trailer for ‘industry’? It looks pretty good and it’s HBO…

I’m tempted to slot it in but I wonder if it may end up like Succession season 1 at the Globes.

I would love a Stateless nomination. Best show I’ve watched since the Emmys elegibily ended.

Me too. It could happen but I’m not getting my hopes up right now. Strahovski would be an awesome winner.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Surprised to see a lot of people predicting Pascal. He was close to being disqualified from the Globes last year due to his lack of onscreen face time, so I don’t think they’ll go for him.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

This is a such a mess. The noms are gonna be so random, the only drama series i’m confident in is The Crown.

And why is Pedro Pascal so high…

• He’s the titular lead of a breakout hit, • That’s expect to get into series
    • Is a Latinx nominee after the Legizamo tweets
    • The HFPA gets to brag about doing him first.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

McGregor did win when the incumbent Emmy winner was ineligible.

We did just see last year the Globes snub the incumbent & far more buzzy Emmy winner, makes me wonder if Rock could even get in over Ruffalo.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

What the hell to do with C/M actor?

The top three of Eugene, Ramy & Sudekis feel like a good locked top three but Eugene could easily miss since they’re clearly don’t like Schitt’s (as evidenced by last year’s complete shutout) whilst not predicting it whilst Ramy could be another HFPA “anoint a newbie” then dump next year. Sudekis is weirdly the only one I feel 100% confidence in…

New Show
      Growing Hit
      Critically acclaimed
      Apple’s probable only/big push
      It’s about English football so automatic international appeal

Then after that pretty much everybody from 4-12 onwards has a chance (with lower placed Novak, Frost & Amell still in the race too).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)’ is closed to new replies.