Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 503 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think Comey Rule is gonna do well anywhere, regardless of who wins the election. It’s received pretty mixed reviews from critics, it features very lack luster performances that haven’t gotten much praise (besides Gleeson), and I don’t believe it has gotten much acclaim from members of the HFPA. The only aspect of the show I see still having a chance anywhere is Gleeson. As he was the most acclaimed part of the show, and he could get nominated off of just playing Trump alone.

I’m toying with putting either Gleeson or Sutherland in my last spot in supporting actor. The Undoing has a better critical reception than The Comey Rule but so far Sutherland hasn’t done much but then again depending on the ending of The Undoing Sutherland can end up being this year’s Patricia Clarkson.

I will say if Sutherland gets in along with the show in Series and Kidman and Grant in the acting categories that it means the show will be a bigger player at the Emmys than The Morning Show for example (then again at least the finale of TMS was an acclaimed ending to a show that had an otherwise mediocre response form critics whilst The Undoing seems to have an acclaimed opener but then according to becomes mediocre with every episode so that ending could either do bad for the show or good).

I know that he just won a tonne of Emmys but I don’t see how D. Levy gets nominated in supporting. The “underdog narrative” for Schitt’s Creek has died and this category is ultra-competitive. Let’s not forget that last year Henry Winkler got in over Tony Shalhoub despite Shalhoub winning the Emmy. I think the same will happen this year with Mahershala Ali getting in over Dan Levy and potentially Hannah Waddingham getting in over Annie Murphy.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

DRAMA SERIES: The Crown, Killing Eve, Lovecraft Country, The Mandalorian, Ozark

DRAMA ACTOR: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Majors, Ben Mendelsohn, Tobias Menzies, Matthew Rhys

DRAMA ACTRESS: Olivia Colman, Jodie Comer, Laura Linney, Sarah Paulson, Jurnee Smollett

COMEDY SERIES: Dead to Me, The Great, Ramy, Schitt’s Creek, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist

COMEDY ACTOR: Dave Burd, Asa Butterfield, Steve Carell, Eugene Levy, Ramy Youssef

COMEDY ACTRESS: Christina Applegate, Elle Fanning, Jane Levy, Catherine O’Hara, Issa Rae

LIMITED SERIES: Hollywood, Mrs. America, Normal People, The Undoing, Unorthodox

LIMITED ACTOR: Hugh Grant, Ethan Hawke, Paul Mescal, Jeremy Pope, Mark Ruffalo

LIMITED ACTRESS: Cate Blanchett, Daisy Edgar-Jones, Shira Haas, Nicole Kidman, Anya Taylor-Joy

SUPPORTING ACTOR: Nicholas Hoult, Dan Levy, Josh O’Connor, Jim Parsons, Tom Pelphrey

SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Uzo Aduba, Gillian Anderson, Emma Corrin, Julia Garner, Annie Murphy

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Every person for themselves but if this season of The Crown ends up being acclaimed I honestly don’t see how the HFPA goes for Ozark for one award never mind three. I love the show and Linney should be winning this in a heartbeat but the HFPA love The Crown a lot and if this season is more acclaimed than the last two then the deal is sealed imo.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

I’m here for Ms. Fanning Golden Globe nominee!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Which Fanning though?

Profile picture
    shrader_loc
    Topics:

Every person for themselves but if this season of The Crown ends up being acclaimed I honestly don’t see how the HFPA goes for Ozark for one award never mind three. I love the show and Linney should be winning this in a heartbeat but the HFPA love The Crown a lot and if this season is more acclaimed than the last two then the deal is sealed imo.

I’m feeling Smollett for now, but this is probably a case that getting the nom will be the biggest hurdle.

Also from what we’ve heard so far, season four is going to be Corrin and Anderson’s show. They love Colman though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also from what we’ve heard so far, season four is going to be Corrin and Anderson’s show. They love Colman though.

They do love Colman indeed and we already know how the Queen this season will face an assassination attempt and someone will break into her room and have a chat with her.

If anyone can do what Claire Danes did and repeat in this category for the same performance the following year it’s Colman.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m feeling Smollett for now, but this is probably a case that getting the nom will be the biggest hurdle. Also from what we’ve heard so far, season four is going to be Corrin and Anderson’s show. They love Colman though.

I CAN’T WITH YOU TWO

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

Which Fanning though?

The one with talent, Elle Fanning

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

I CAN’T WITH YOU TWO

OMG. What are u doing here?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Come on HFPA. Nominate Sex Education and Butterfield!

I’m already heartbroken at the Emmy snubs.

Profile picture
    Fletcher
    Topics:

Come on HFPA. Nominate Sex Education and Butterfield!

I’m already heartbroken at the Emmy snubs.

The way they will nominated emily in paris… ugh

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think we’re underestimating Emily in Paris here. It’s complete and utter garbage and it would be the most undeserving nominee but at this point Collins is a nomination lock here. She made it in for a Warren Beatty film that was a commercial flop that flopped with critics even harder than Emily in Paris (which even though it was atrocious it still has a higher Rotten Tomatoes and a higher Metacritic score than Ratched lol).

It also according to FlixPatrol is the 3rd most popular Netflix show in the world this year.

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2020/full#type2

Now of course it’s not going to get in above the line at the Emmys because that would be a joke (although it’s probably getting some craft noms considering how empty the field is and expensive the crafts are) but it’s not like something like The Umbrella Academy in the sense that it actually is a pop cultural phenomenon. Just the other day Spitting Image did a political spoof of the show.

But anyway even though I think we could be underestimating here (for the nom) the idea of it being ahead of the much better and less cringey Sex EducationI Hate Suzie, Two Weeks to Live, What We Do in the Shadows and Truth Seekers in Series makes me die inside.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I feel like that Flix Patrol list would have more impact as an argument if anyone was predicting any of the rest of the top 20 for series nominations

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like that Flix Patrol list would have more impact as an argument if anyone was predicting any of the rest of the top 20 for series nominations

People are predicting Ratched for a Series nomination though (including yourself).

Not saying it’s getting in and I hope it doesn’t get in because it’s an atrocious show but it seems like a very Globes thing to nominate that trashy show over better and more acclaimed shows that actually deserve nominations.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)’ is closed to new replies.