Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Admittedly I hadn’t noticed Ratched in the list but even if you count that the list is hardly a strong one as an indicator of what might get nominated. After all it’s like 7th in the predictions center? So I am firmly in a minority predicting it and even I am only doing it as a placeholder until something else emerges in the next month.

Good point.

I wasn’t saying FlixPatrol was an indication of whether something will get nominated or not but that it was a big hit (which we’ve seen become more a factor in recent years particularly this year with the pandemic in how well a show does awards wise).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    shrader_loc
    Topics:

The way they will nominated emily in paris… ugh

and it’ll be so deserved 🙂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Thanks for adding Marielle Heller. Moved her up to my top 2 because if there is a vote-split between Anderson and Corrin I can only see either her or Aduba benefitting.

On another note can we add Andrew Scott to the predictions centre for His Dark Materials? He’s been doing a lot of press for the show and HBO seem to be pushing him (at least more than Lin Manuel-Miranda who is listed and according to reviews seems like he might be guest this season) and he’s Andrew Scott in a career boost after Fleabag so there is a possibility he just gets a name-check nomination in a category where no candidate is a lock.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I just watched The Undoing’s second episode and…

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Viola Davis

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You’re both sweet.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

So many talent on the gifs above, women, always the superior.

Profile picture
    shrader_loc
    Topics:

Haas is ahead of Blanchett. HFPA LOVED Unorthodox and she’s a rising star. Also Mrs America feels so old news

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Haas is ahead of Blanchett. HFPA LOVED Unorthodox and she’s a rising star. Also Mrs America feels so old news

At the moment no one is ahead of Cate Blanchett (even though Taylor-Joy is likelier to win than her). The idea touted by people that she will be snubbed for one of her most acclaimed performances in the most acclaimed Limited Series of the year that is also topical and was loved by the HFPA is absolute delusion (and I like to refrain from that word often). I think Mrs. America is easily in and she’s the biggest acting nomination lock this year along with Colman and Anderson.

Haas is in danger (even though she gave on of the top 2 performances of the year) because her show aired so long ago, she hasn’t been talked about since the Emmys whilst people like Paul Mescal and Daisy Edgar-Jones have and with The Queen’s Gambit rising so fast and being also acclaimed Unorthodox could be the When They See Us or Patrick Melrose of this year to The Queen’s Gambit‘s Unbelievable or Escape at Dannemora.

I mean someone mentioned how they think The Undoing is in danger on the premature basis that a few HFPA critics (not all) saw it in April/May but Unorthodox and Little Fires Everywhere were seen back in March (which feels like a lifetime ago).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The first review of the new season of The Crown from the Daily Telegraph says Gillian Anderson’s portrayal of Margaret Thatcher is the only convincing portrayal of the Iron Lady on screen.

Scully it’s your time to shine!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wow can two performances be any more divisive?

The uncanniness, it soon becomes clear, flows from the fact that Anderson has opted not to deliver a rigorously accurate imitation. Despite the helmet bouffant and the twin set and pearls, Anderson isn’t mimicking Thatcher. She has the former prime minister’s mannerisms down but isn’t prisoner to them. Anderson is giving us her slant on Thatcher rather than the standard impersonation familiar from Spitting Image and generations of political cartoons.

Anderson has done something extraordinary in making an often vilified historical figure feel like a real human being. Corrin’s Diana is more low-key yet just as impressive.

The Independent (As Thatcher, Gillian Anderson brings humanity to one of the most vilified figures in history)

As for Gillian Anderson’s Margaret Thatcher, well…
    She was terrific in Sex Education and very good in The X-Files.
    But she flounders badly as the Iron Lady, a role in which she appears to have been directed to mimic the head movements of a turtle. She’s forever craning her neck from side-to-side as if scanning for a tasty lettuce leaf, while over-egging her Thatcher impression to such an extent she is close to unwatchable at times.

And then there is Diana.
    Lady Spencer lit up the Royal Family when she arrived on the scene in 1980, and she lights up this 10-part series, which, if it were a movie would be called The Crown: Diana’s Decade.
    Emma Corrin is superb in a part much easier to get wrong than get right. She does the latter, from the first encounter with Prince Charles when a schoolgirl fluttering around her stately home, to the wrung out, strung out, bulimic wife stuck in a loveless marriage a decade later. It’s not simply a matter of producing a serviceable likeness of Diana’s mannerisms and voice, which Corrin does, it is a case of creating a three-dimensional character whose personality makes the actions of others credible. She should clear a shelf before the awards season kicks off.

Will Gompertz, BBC News

I think I’m going to switch to Couverture’s side and predict Corrin for the Globe win. However if Anderson gets in and Corrin doesn’t (I would be surprised if either missed tbh) then Anderson is winning the Globe in a cakewalk.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

The praise for Corrin seems to be more unanimous than Anderson’s and I’m sure the love for Diana versus the vitriol towards Thatcher will only help her.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The praise for Corrin seems to be more unanimous than Anderson’s and I’m sure the love for Diana versus the vitriol towards Thatcher will only help her.

This is why I’m predicting Corrin at the Globes for the win now.

However as a user on The Crown thread pointed out it is only to be expected that Anderson’s performance has passionate supporters and people who aren’t enthusiastic. After all she is playing one of the most divisive women in history. With Anderson’s other projects surging (The Fall, Hannibal) and Sex Ed s3 looking like it’s coming out before the Emmy deadline she could get a boost simply based on her range and being overdue.

That being said I currently have Corrin winning everywhere apart from SAG where I have Anderson winning and CC where I am predicting a tie now.

Profile picture
    mariogomez
    Topics:

MY PREDICTIONS

BEST TELEVISION SERIES- DRAMA
    Better Call Saul (AMC)
    The Crown (NETFLIX)
    Killing Eve (BBC)
    Perry Mason (HBO)
    Ratched (NETFLIX)

BEST TELEVISION SERIES- COMEDY OR MUSICAL
    Ramy (HULU)
    The Great (HULU)
    Ted Lasso (Apple)
    Schitt´s Creek (POP)
    Insecure (HBO)

BEST TELEVISION LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Mrs. America (FX)
    Unorthodox (NETFLIX)
    The Undoing (HBO)
    The Queen´s Gambit (NETFLIX)
    Your Honor (SHOWTIME)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES- DRAMA
    Jason Bateman- Ozark (NETFLIX)
    Jonathan Majors- Lovecraft Country (HBO)
    Bob Odenkirk – Better Call Saul (AMC)
    Al Pacino – Hunters (AMAZON)
    Matthew Rhys- Perry Mason (HBO)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES- DRAMA
    Caitriona Balfe – Outlander (STARZ)
    Olivia Colman – The Crown (NETFLIX)
    Jodie Comer- Killing Eve (BBC)
    Laura Linney – Ozark (NETFLIX)
    Sarah Paulson – Ratched (NETFLIX)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES- MUSICAL OR COMEDY
    Dave Burd- Dave (FX)
    John C. Reilly- Moonbase 8 (SHOWTIME)
    Eugene Levy – Schitt´s Creek (POP)
    Jason Sudeikis- Ted Lasso (APPLE)
    Ramy Youssef- Ramy (HULU)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES- MUSICAL OR COMEDY
    Christina Applegate- Dead To Me (NETFLIX)
    Elle Fanning- The Great (HULU)
    Jane Levy- Zoey´s Extraordinary Playlist
    Catherine O´Hara- Schitt´s Creek (POP)
    Issa Rae- Insecure (HBO)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURWE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Bryan Cranston – Your Honor (SHOWTIME)
    Hugh Grant – The Undoing (HBO)
    Ethan Hawke- The Good Lord Bird (SHOWTIME)
    Hugh Jackman- Bad Education (HBO)
    Mark Ruffalo- I Know This Much Is True (HBO)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Cate Blanchett- Mrs. America (FX)
    Shira Haas- Unorthodox (NETFLIX)
    Nikole Kidman – The Undoing (HBO)
    Amanda Peet- Dirty John (USA)
    Anya Taylor-Joy – The Queen´s Gambit (NETFLIX)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MORION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Brendan Gleeson- The Comey Rule (SHOWTIME)
    Nicolas Hoult- The Great (HULU)
    Josh O´Connor- The Crown (NETFLIX)
    Jim Parsons- Hollywood (NETFLIX)
    Michael Sheen- Quiz (AMC)

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Uzo Aduba- Mrs. America (FX)
    Gillian Anderson- The Crown (NETFLIX)
    Jessie Buckley- Fargo (FX)
    Emma Corrin- The Crown (NETFLIX)
    Fiona Shaw- Killing Eve (BBC)

Profile picture
    namarang
    Topics:

I guess that :

Comedy Series : Schitt’s Creek (PopTV)

Comedy Series : Insecure (HBO)

Comedy Actress : Issa Rae and Jane Levy

Comedy Actor : Jason Sudeikis,Ben Platt

Drama Series: Killing Eve (BBC America) , Lovecraft Country (HBO)

Drama Actress: Laura Linney, Sandra Oh

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2021 TV Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)’ is closed to new replies.