Home Forums Television Guest Acting 2021

Guest Acting 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 267 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
21 hours ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
No, it’s Be..
Luca
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m not convinced JLD happens

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The JLD getting nominated gag was fun but yeah I don’t see her happening for this. If any cameo is gonna get nominated, it’ll be Claire Foy for reprising her Emmy winning role in the series frontrunner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I also think we are understimating Claire Foy. Yeah, she’s basically a cameo but they don’t care, just like they don’t care that much about the guest categories. Last year, the Drama Guest categories were absolutely atrocious. Lazy name checks everywhere. Foy is in the Drama series winner frontrunner and she’s reprising her Emmy winning role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If you don’t have Claire Foy in your predictions then you should at least have Charles Dance. Almost every year we see the series frontrunner manage to coattail a guest (Succession with Walter and Cromwell, Fleabag with Shaw and Scott-Thomas, Maisel s1 with Lynch etc).

The only time in which a show has missed the guest categories since 2016 was Schitt’s Creek last year and that miss was excusable. The Crown is going into the Emmys as a likely strong acting player after having won at the Globes, PGA, WGA and SAG and could very well win at the BAFTAs next month too.

If Harriet Walter and James Cromwell can make it in last year and Cherry Jones can win for The Handmaid’s Tale for essentially sitting on a chair then Foy and/or Dance will most likely happen.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The only times in which a show has missed the guest categories since 2016 were Game of Thrones season 6 and Schitt’s Creek last year and both of those losses were excusable.

Game of Thrones S6 did have a guest nom; for Max von Sydow. So, Schitt’s Creek is the only series winner without guest nominations in the last five years. And lbr they were no names with nothing performances so it was easily foreseeable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Game of Thrones S6 did have a guest nom; for Max von Sydow. So, Schitt’s Creek is the only series winner without guest nominations in the last five years. And lbr they were no names with nothing performances so it was easily foreseeable.

And Schitt’s Creek‘s buzz was more or less constricted to its core four cast members.

We know some voters are starting this show from the very beginning (or catching up on it from season 3) so that can also only help Dance and Foy.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I am predicting Claire Foy, but she is not like Cherry Jones and Margo Martindale, because those two even tho they did nothing in their submissions, appeared multiple times before, so it sounds like they did more than they actually did.

Everyone remembers that Claire Foy only had one scene in The Crown season 4. In case she had appeared more here and there, then I’d agree.

Charles Dance fits the mold better. He didn’t do much, but he was in a whole episode with multiple scenes, so for the voter filling his ballot in july it sounds like he did much more.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I am predicting Claire Foy, but she is not like Cherry Jones and Margo Martindale, because those two even tho they did nothing in their submissions, appeared multiple times before, so it sounds like they did more than they actually did. Everyone remembers that Claire Foy only had one scene in The Crown season 4. In case she had appeared more here and there, then I’d agree. Charles Dance fits the mold better. He didn’t do much, but he was in a whole episode with multiple scenes, so for the voter filling his ballot in july it sounds like he did much more.

I disagree a lot on Cherry Jones. She only appeared on the show in the two episodes she got nominated for and another one in season 3, and she literally didn’t do anything at all, in any of them.

Also, what you said doesn’t really make much sense considering Claire was literally THE lead of the show for the first two seasons. Elizabeth started with ther. And she also won the Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

But voters can easily differentiate Claire Foy from S1 and S2 and Claire’s cameo from S4, while Margo and Cherry were guest actors since before their submissions, so it can get harder to differentiate it.

Well, touché on Cherry being only in two episodes. She did fell like she was in more episodes. I guess it’s because there was a lot of pre buzz towards her character before the season premiered. However, in the end, this actually just proves my initial point: Cherry felt like someone who did more than she actually did.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Everyone remembers that Claire Foy only had one scene in The Crown season 4.

But as with Succession last year, some of these voters won’t only be considering The Crown season 4. Neither are “new” shows by any means but they are shows that we know at least some voters – a minority but a significant enough amount of them – have been catching up on this show for it to have exploded both in mainstream popularity (case in point it was trending on Netflix in some territories even before the fourth season was released!) and awards groups.

I understand where you’re coming from and I don’t see Foy as a lock but what I’m trying to say I guess is it’s not implausible for Foy to happen like Harriet Walter (who people used a similar argument to this one to argue against her chances).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

But as with Succession last year, some of these voters won’t only be considering The Crown season 4. Neither are “new” shows by any means but they are shows that we know at least some voters – a minority but a significant enough amount of them – have been catching up on this show for it to have exploded both in mainstream popularity (case in point it was trending on Netflix in some territories even before the fourth season was released!) and awards groups.

And that’s why I’m predicting her. I’m just saying she’s not THAT comparable with Jones and Martindale.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    No, it’s Becky
    Topics:

Mark Hamil is being submitted for The Mandalorian…

MandalorianFYC

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mark Hamil is being submitted for The Mandalorian… MandalorianFYC

LMAO they’re submitting Gina Carano.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Mark Hamil is being submitted for The Mandalorian…

MandalorianFYC

Granted, he still makes more sense to submit then John Leguizamo and Richard Ayoade.

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

May predictions!

Guest Actor in a Comedy Series

1. Dave Chapelle, Saturday Night Live
    2. Rege Jean-Page, Saturday Night Live
    3. Dan Levy, Saturday Night Live
    4. Aziz Ansari, Master of None
    5. Alec Baldwin, Saturday Night Live
    6. Anthony Head, Ted Lasso

7. John Mulaney, Saturday Night Live
    8. Martin Short, Saturday Night Live
    9. Morgan Freeman, The Kominsky Method
    10. Daniel Kaluuya, Saturday Night Live

Guest Actress in a Comedy Series

1. Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live
    2. Adele, Saturday Night Live
    3. Regina King, Saturday Night Live
    4. Susan Sarandon, Search Party
    5. Elizabeth Shue, Cobra Kai
    6. Issa Rae, A Black Lady Sketch Show

7. Jane Seymour, The Kominsky Method
    8. Christine Ebersole, The Kominsky Method
    9. Lauren Graham, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
    10. Wunmi Mosaku, A Black Lady Sketch Show

Guest Actress in a Drama Series

1. Alexis Bledel, The Handmaid’s Tale
    2. Rosario Dawson, The Mandalorian
    3. Phylicia Rashad, This is Us
    4. Sophie Okonedo, Ratched
    5. Claire Foy, The Crown
    6. Julia Louis-Dreyfus, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

7. McKenna Grace, The Handmaid’s Tale
    8. Diana Rigg, All Creatures Great and Small
    9. Katee Sackhoff, The Mandalorian
    10. Amanda Brugel, The Handmaid’s Tale

Guest Actor in a Drama Series

1. Ron Cephas Jones, This is Us
    2. Courtney B. Vance, Lovecraft Country
    3. Charles Dance, The Crown
    4. Mark Hamill, The Mandalorian
    5. Griffin Dunne, This is Us
    6. Don Cheadle, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

7. Timothy Olyphant, The Mandalorian
    8. Michael Angarano, This is Us
    9. Jeremy Pope, Pose
    10. Assante Blackk, This is Us

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 267 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.