Home Forums Television Guest Acting 2021

Guest Acting 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 386 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Luca
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m surprised there are debates on Claire Foy. I think she is a clear nominee and an easy name check. Winning is another thing and I personally hope she doesn’t, her win would be as bad as Jones’ or Martindale’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

LMAO they’re submitting Gina Carano.

I’m assuming that’s just a contract issue.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I think that the Claire Foy debate is valid.  The Emmy voters make some terrible choices, but they are also people, so they can be reasonable and have common sense.  Someone that I can liken her to off the top of my head is Gerald McRaney.  He is someone who had a big role in This is Us and won the show its first Emmy.  He followed that up the next year with a repeat nomination, but when he came back for just one episode in the fourth season, he could not get a nomination because it was too easy to differentiate this nothing reprisal with the strong work that he had done when he was more a part of the ensemble early on.  People like Ron Cephas Jones and Harriet Walter appear so sporadically, yet they do so with more consistency, so it is harder to pinpoint when they actually did what.  We have also seen people like Anthony Anderson get lead nominations, while being snubbed in guest for playing the same character.  Voters can be capable of distinguishing these things.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Viola Davis was nominated in guest for a performance she won a lead Emmy for.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

That is indeed a thing that happened and I did not dispute that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m assuming that’s just a contract issue.

Well I mean it’s not like 20th Century Studios actively campaigned for Bryan Singer. In fact I’m not mistaken they didn’t even submit him for Bohemian Rhapsody.

It’s weird that Disney is doing both for Gina Carano.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Viola Davis was nominated in guest for a performance she won a lead Emmy for.

…in one of the most talked about episodes of television from that season

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Viola was 🔥🔥 in that crossover and fully deserving of that nom (even the win).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

…in one of the most talked about episodes of television from that season

And also for a network show that received zero nominations that year outside of herself reprising a role she was nominated in lead for three Emmys (one of which she won) for and a show which for two consecutive years prior to her nomination received no Emmy nominations.

My general point more was that a name-check for an Emmy winning performance in lead isn’t totally implausible as we already have one that defied the odds stacked against it and got in buzzed about performances from series frontrunners, an actors branch favourite and a big name guesting on The Handmaid’s Tale. Regardless of whether Viola was more deserving or had more to do than Foy in her episode of the drama series frontrunner (which she probably did).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PeytonKawai
    Topics:

Last year they snubbed Jane Lapotaire & Charles Dance…

It still makes me sad. Specially Lapotaire as Princess Alice. Her performance was obviously one of the best performances in history

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Crown was buzzless last year. It’s a different situation this time around, so I could def see it snagging a few guest noms. Then again, I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t snag any either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Irishmovielover4ever
    Topics:

Spoiler alert for the most recent episode of Pose but I would be totally in support of Noma Dumezweni receiving a nom for her work.

Between Pose, Made for Love & The Undoing she’s really got herself covered when it comes to a project in each of the main genres.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

NOMA DUMEZWENI, “Pose”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    agorretta
    Topics:

Odds on America Ferrera being able to make it in for Superstore since she’s guest eligible this time and the fact that it’s the final season?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Yeah… I wouldn’t get my hopes up for The Crown scoring any Guest acting noms.

Over the last 3 seasons, the show has scored exactly 1 guest nom (for Matthew Goode).

I would personally nominate Charles Dance from this season, but that’s it.

But don’t worry Crown fans, because the main cast will deservingly clean up in nominations in the main acting categories.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 386 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.