Home Forums Television Guest Acting 2021

Guest Acting 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 261 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
23 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Over the last 3 seasons, the show has scored exactly 1 guest nom (for Matthew Goode).

I mean over the last 3 seasons the show hadn’t won the PGA, DGA or WGA awards either.

I’m obviously not saying it’s locked for guest acting nominations but if it misses them, it won’t be because Matthew Goode was the only actor to grab a nomination (and funnily enough for the only other “buzzy” season of the show).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Thank you for reminding me of that Matthew Goode nomination.  Amid predictions for various cameos and lazy name-checks, it is nice to be reminded that these categories can do what they are supposed to.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s laughable that Kelly Jenrette got nominated over Jodi Balfour and Rinko Kikuchi that same year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

And there goes the moment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Any chance for Oh to pop up in an episode of Grey’s Anatomy? That’s her easiest way to win an Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

It’s laughable that Kelly Jenrette got nominated over Jodi Balfour and Rinko Kikuchi that same year.

The Marisa Tomei erasure. She was far more robbed than both of them. I’m fine with Jodi Balfour snub to be quite honest. She really didn’t do anything that impressive imo and I personally thought she was miscast.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Thank you for reminding me of that Matthew Goode nomination. Amid predictions for various cameos and lazy name-checks, it is nice to be reminded that these categories can do what they are supposed to.

Cameron Britton (Mindhunter) could also fall under this as well.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mukund
    Topics:

The Marisa Tomei erasure. She was far more robbed than both of them.

Rinko Kikuchi should’ve been win competitive that year. A Rigg/Kikuchi and Britton/Goode combo would’ve been everything.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Rinko Kikuchi should’ve been win competitive that year. A Rigg/Kikuchi and Britton/Goode combo would’ve been everything.

I don’t remember Kikuchi that much tbh, but I watched season 2 of WW a long time ago. I watched season 2 of THT before the Emmys last year, cause I decided to binge watch the show. I loved Tomei tbh and she should’ve been win competitive as well that year. Cherry Jones and Kelly Jenrette getting in over her was absolutely ridiculous. I need to rewatch ‘Akane No Mai’ but I trust your word on Kikuchi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Cameron Britton (Mindhunter) could also fall under this as well.

The way he should’ve easily won..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Just recently caught up with This is Us. I think Griffin Dunne is win competitive for Guest Actor in a Drama Series with the episode “One Small Step…”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

viola getting nominated for a guest crossover was silly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

viola getting nominated for a guest crossover was silly.

Well, she fully deserved though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Jenrette wasn’t good, however she was definitely not a cameo.

There were worse nominations than her IMO: Margo Martindale and her wins for “The Americans”, Laverne Cox nomination last year, Robert De Niro for SNL, Fiona Shaw for Fleabag…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fiona Shaw deserved!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 261 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.