Home Forums Television Guest Acting 2021

Guest Acting 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 434 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I hate to say it but I also have Hamill getting nominated. I just don’t see how voters don’t bite once they see “Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker” on the ballot.

I don’t have Cheadle (or JLD) because The Falcon and the Winter Soldier seems to have lost steam but name-check noms for either wouldn’t surprise me (especially the latter). Maybe I should slot Cheadle in considering I’ve underestimated his name-check powers thrice now for Black Monday lol.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Hot take: Bernadette Peters will be Zoey’s sole nomination.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Dumezweni, Foy and Grace are all right next to each on the ballot… 😏

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Just realised that Patrick Dempsey never got nominated for Grey’s the first time around.

I smell a narrative.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

Just realised that Patrick Dempsey never got nominated for Grey’s the first time around. I smell a narrative.

Won’t be the first time McDreamy pulls off the unthinkable!

FYC!
    Lead Actress (Drama) - Emma Corrin ("The Crown")
    Lead Actor (Drama) - Billy Porter ("Pose")
    Writing (Comedy) - Maya Erskine ("PEN15")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

Just realised that Patrick Dempsey never got nominated for Grey’s the first time around. I smell a narrative.

</p>
    Pompeo doesn’t either. At least someone like Mariska Hargitay got in early run on network. Oh and Chandra Wilson have and Heigl won in the early years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Both Dempsey and Pompeo were more than likely blocked by the panel especially for s2

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Dempsey was a past Emmy nominee and had Globe+SAG Individual nominations. He was definitely in without panels. A nom this year would be cute.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

I hate to say it but I also have Hamill getting nominated. I just don’t see how voters don’t bite once they see “Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker” on the ballot. I don’t have Cheadle (or JLD) because The Falcon and the Winter Soldier seems to have lost steam but name-check noms for either wouldn’t surprise me (especially the latter). Maybe I should slot Cheadle in considering I’ve underestimated his name-check powers thrice now for Black Monday lol.

I think I would agree on Hamill if it were a little more but he doesn’t really have any awards history whatsoever (he would have been a legitimate nom last year for What We Do In The Shadows, he’s great in that) and I feel like the people who would be impressed by that will have probably seen the ep anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    katiebstate
    Topics:

Dempsey was a past Emmy nominee and had Globe+SAG Individual nominations. He was definitely in without panels. A nom this year would be cute.

I don’t think he got in for Grey’s. From what I can see he got a 1999 nom for Once and Again. Nine People’s Choice noms for Grey’s though lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hot take: Bernadette Peters will be Zoey’s sole nomination.

Nominations from non series contenders in this category tend to always be alongside either another actor nominated from their show (i.e. Baranski in 2015, Baker in 2017) or their show getting another nomination somewhere below the line (i.e. Midler last year). The only exception being Carrie Fisher who got a posthumous nomination for Catastrophe.

So if Bernadette Peters gets nominated then Jane Levy will probably happen too. Or Zoey’s will upset with a nomination somewhere below the line. Same with America Ferrera and Superstore.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I want Andrew Rannells to make a dent in what’s bound to be an SNL-heavy category in Actor. Speaking of SNL, sad to see Regina King not put forward!

And I find it hilarious that John Slattery and Talia Balsam have been submitted for Girls5eva for essentially… having an only child

That sounds like kinda dramatic Tom

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Nominations from non series contenders in this category tend to always be alongside either another actor nominated from their show (i.e. Baranski in 2015, Baker in 2017) or their show getting another nomination somewhere below the line (i.e. Midler last year). The only exception being Carrie Fisher who got a posthumous nomination for Catastrophe.

So if Bernadette Peters gets nominated then Jane Levy will probably happen too. Or Zoey’s will upset with a nomination somewhere below the line. Same with America Ferrera and Superstore.

Will choreography still be juried this year? Mandy Moore (the other one) will probably win again for that so guess that technically counts as Zoey’s other win/nom for Peters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Choreography is still juried if I’m not mistaken.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.