Home Forums Television Guest Acting 2021

Guest Acting 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 117 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
wolfali
vinny
  • Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

stupid question: christopher meloni on svu is guest right?

Unless they change the rules again, he won’t be since he’ll be up for lead for OC and an actor playing the same character can’t be submitted twice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I guess she’s possible?

No.

We already saw Ann Dowd make it in for a show the academy couldn’t care less for so it isn’t implausible for her to do so again.

Ann Dowd getting a guest nomination for a formerly-supporting role on the most critically-acclaimed show of the decade while winning an Emmy in another category is not the same as getting a guest nomination for a nothing role on a fourth-season show that has never been nominated even by a single guild while getting snubbed for her previously-winning role in a different category. Susan Sarandon has more to do.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

for a nothing role on a fourth-season show

Ah ok. I’ll take her out then. I had thought due to the buzz about her being in it that she had more to do (as I mentioned I don’t watch Search Party so I am predicting this blindly).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MisterScones
    Topics:

I’m just catching up on Search Party and I’d love to see Shalita Grant, Louie Anderson, and Susan Sarandon land nominations. Grant appeared in too many episodes, though. Sarandon will definitely be eligible, but do we know if both Seasons 3 and 4 will be submitted? If so, it’s a shame Michaela Watkins will have appeared in too many episodes for Guest, too – she’s overdue for some industry accolades.

I’m not sure how it works exactly when you have two seasons of a show in a single eligibility period. She’s technically in fewer than half of the episodes if we count both seasons but if they can only submit one she’d have to be in a supporting category; but beyond that, if they can only submit one season it’s likely to be Season 4 over Season 3 anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Very interested to see who will be guest starring in this new season of Master of None (assuming that is the “surprise re-entry” that has been hinted). As Heptapod said we could be seeing some high profile British names starring due to the location move and that could provide a whole list of potential nominees to shake up the category.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Very interested to see who will be guest starring in this new season of Master of None (assuming that is the “surprise re-entry” that has been hinted). As Heptapod said we could be seeing some high profile British names starring due to the location move and that could provide a whole list of potential nominees to shake up the category.

Crossing my fingers for a Fiona Shaw three-minute appearance that gets a guest nom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Unless they change the rules again, he won’t be since he’ll be up for lead for OC and an actor playing the same character can’t be submitted twice.

Oh good to know. Thanks 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheCriticsChoice
    Topics:

Candice Bergen will appear in 4-5 episodes of The Conners this season, she might be a contender in this weakened year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

According to the page of The Handmaid’s Tale on the Hulu FYC website:

Guest Actor: Stephen Kunken

Guest Actress: Amanda Brugel, Alexis Bledel, Bahia Watson, Nina Kiri, Ever Carradine, Krista Morin, McKenna Grace

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Guest Actress in a Comedy Series

1. Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live
    2. Adele, Saturday Night Live
    3. Regina King, Saturday Night Live
    4. Susan Sarandon, Search Party
    5. Elizabeth Shue, Cobra Kai
    6. Issa Rae, A Black Lady Sketch Show

7. Jane Seymour, The Kominsky Method
    8. Wunmi Mosaku, A Black Lady Sketch Show
    9. Christine Ebersole, The Kominsky Method
    10. Lauren Graham, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist

Guest Actress in a Drama Series

1. Alexis Bledel, The Handmaid’s Tale
    2. McKenna Grace, The Handmaid’s Tale
    3. Rosario Dawson, The Mandalorian
    4. Phylicia Rashad, This is Us
    5. Sophie Okonedo, Ratched
    6. Claire Foy, The Crown

7. Sharon Stone, Ratched
    8. Amanda Brugel, The Handmaid’s Tale
    9. Diana Rigg, All Creatures Great and Small
    10. Katee Sackhoff, The Mandalorian

Guest Actor in a Comedy Series

1. Dave Chapelle, Saturday Night Live
    2. Alec Baldwin, Saturday Night Live
    3. John Mulaney, Saturday Night Live
    4. Dan Levy, Saturday Night Live
    5. Anthony Head, Ted Lasso
    6. Rege Jean-Page, Saturday Night Live

7. Martin Short, Saturday Night Live
    8. Morgan Freeman, The Kominsky Method
    9. Barry Levinson, The Kominsky Method
    10. Chris Rock, Saturday Night Live

Guest Actor in a Drama Series

1. Ron Cephas Jones, This is Us
    2. Courtney B. Vance, Lovecraft Country
    3. Charles Dance, The Crown
    4. Griffin Dunne, This is Us
    5. Michael Angarano, This is Us
    6. Timothy Olyphant, The Mandalorian

7. Jeremy Pope, Pose
    8. Assante Blackk, This is Us
    9. Bill Burr, The Mandalorian
    10. Stephen Kunken, The Handmaid’s Tale

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Would love to see an Amanda Brugel guest nom if she gets the material. She’s so funny too in Kim’s Convenience, and was a hoot guest judging Canada’s Drag Race.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Well, congratulations on your fourth Emmy nom, Alexis! Amanda Brugel truly deserves.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Why is The Handmaid’s Tale not submitting Reed Birney?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

If HBO’s FYC is correct and Euphoria does go Drama, would that make Colman Domingo be eligible as guest giving he’s in technically in the half of the episodes/specials (literally, 1/2)

Bumping this in light of recent developments. Since the Euphoria specials are now in the same vein as THT’s hanging episodes, does this now mean Colman Domingo, Marsha Gambles and Lauren Weedman are guest eligible?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    dosmax
    Topics:

If HBO’s FYC is correct and Euphoria does go Drama, would that make Colman Domingo be eligible as guest giving he’s in technically in the half of the episodes/specials (literally, 1/2)

Maybe they’ll make an exception but the rule for guests is “For performers appearing in less than 50% of the eligible drama series episodes.” Since it’s only two episodes, if you appear at all, you’re in 50% of the series. So is anyone guest eligible?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.