Home Forums Television Guest Acting 2021

Guest Acting 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 185 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
13 hours ago
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
wolfali
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Domingo appeared in 50% of Euphoria’s first season (4 episodes), forcing him into supporting, so I think that makes him ineligible for guest for the specials as well.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

The unwritten rule for orphaned episodes (per The Handmaid’s Tale) is supposed to be that it reverts to contract, which is part of why I disagree with the qualification of these as orphaned because they are not part of the first-season order.  Domingo is not a series regular on the regular series, so he should be eligible as a guest here, but we have been told that the specials are ineligible in acting, so maybe the academy is interpreting him as a regular for the single episode, as he was credited.  It makes no sense and I do not agree with it, but the bottom line is that I do not think that he will be on the ballot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Guest Actress: Amanda Brugel, Alexis Bledel, Bahia Watson, Nina Kiri, Ever Carradine, Krista Morin, McKenna Grace

What a great lineup of nominees for 2021.

I guess this means there’s no return of the Acclaimed Emmy Winning Performance of Holly Maddox.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

I guess this means there’s no return of the Acclaimed Emmy Winning Performance of Holly Maddox.

Blessed

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

What a great lineup of nominees for 2021. I guess this means there’s no return of the Acclaimed Emmy Winning Performance of Holly Maddox.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Acclaimed Emmy Winning Performance of Holly Maddox.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Any chance for Oh to pop up in an episode of Grey’s Anatomy? That’s her easiest way to win an Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way her guest win for Succession was a billion times more deserving.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m very intrigued to see which of the guests from The Handmaid’s Tale will make the cut.

Alexis Bledel probably will considering she’s one of the only incumbent nominees eligible this year and the field is weaker than last year’s. But I’m very interested to see if the show gets a second nomination and if so who. Amanda Brugel of course is a series regular who happens to be eligible in guest this time round but O-T- Fagbenle’s snub last year doesn’t really give any evidence that the actors branch cares about the show enough any more to check off performances that haven’t been nominated before. Mckenna Grace is the bigger name this time round, she seems to have an interesting role and she has the virtue of being in the premiere – if Emmy voters watch it. They also did snub Marisa Tomei and Christopher Meloni so unless you’re Cherry Jones or a series regular on <i>The Handmaid’s Tale</i>, they do seem apathetic towards name-checks of film actors and leading TV stars who guest on the show.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Totally forgot that Tomei was snubbed! Bummer, she was really really deserving.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

It will be Bledel only.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

It will be Bledel only.

No McKenna Grace?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Updated post Falcon move to Drama.

Guest Actress in a Drama Series

1. Alexis Bledel, The Handmaid’s Tale
    2. Julia Louis-Dreyfus, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    3. Rosario Dawson, The Mandalorian
    4. Phylicia Rashad, This is Us
    5. Sophie Okonedo, Ratched
    6. Claire Foy, The Crown

7. Sharon Stone, Ratched
    8. McKenna Grace, The Handmaid’s Tale
    9. Diana Rigg, All Creatures Great and Small
    10. Katee Sackhoff, The Mandalorian

Guest Actor in a Drama Series

1. Ron Cephas Jones, This is Us
    2. Courtney B. Vance, Lovecraft Country
    3. Charles Dance, The Crown
    4. Griffin Dunne, This is Us
    5. Don Cheadle, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    6. Timothy Olyphant, The Mandalorian

7. Michael Angarano, This is Us
    8. Jeremy Pope, Pose
    9. Assante Blackk, This is Us
    10. Bill Burr, The Mandalorian

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Updated post Falcon move to Drama. Guest Actress in a Comedy Series 1. Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live 2. Adele, Saturday Night Live 3. Regina King, Saturday Night Live 4. Susan Sarandon, Search Party 5. Elizabeth Shue, Cobra Kai 6. Issa Rae, A Black Lady Sketch Show 7. Jane Seymour, The Kominsky Method 8. Wunmi Mosaku, A Black Lady Sketch Show 9. Christine Ebersole, The Kominsky Method 10. Lauren Graham, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist Guest Actress in a Drama Series 1. Alexis Bledel, The Handmaid’s Tale 2. Julia Louis-Dreyfus, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 3. Rosario Dawson, The Mandalorian 4. Phylicia Rashad, This is Us 5. Sophie Okonedo, Ratched 6. Claire Foy, The Crown 7. Sharon Stone, Ratched 8. McKenna Grace, The Handmaid’s Tale 9. Diana Rigg, All Creatures Great and Small 10. Katee Sackhoff, The Mandalorian Guest Actor in a Comedy Series 1. Dave Chapelle, Saturday Night Live 2. Alec Baldwin, Saturday Night Live 3. John Mulaney, Saturday Night Live 4. Dan Levy, Saturday Night Live 5. Anthony Head, Ted Lasso 6. Rege Jean-Page, Saturday Night Live 7. Martin Short, Saturday Night Live 8. Morgan Freeman, The Kominsky Method 9. Barry Levinson, The Kominsky Method 10. Chris Rock, Saturday Night Live Guest Actor in a Drama Series 1. Ron Cephas Jones, This is Us 2. Courtney B. Vance, Lovecraft Country 3. Charles Dance, The Crown 4. Griffin Dunne, This is Us 5. Don Cheadle, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 6. Timothy Olyphant, The Mandalorian 7. Michael Angarano, This is Us 8. Jeremy Pope, Pose 9. Assante Blackk, This is Us 10. Bill Burr, The Mandalorian

Barring Disney submitting strangely, I would surprised if Carl Lumbly isn’t their main Guest Actor push.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Bernadette Peters had a hilarious singing scene this week on Zoey Extraordinary playlist that deserves a nomination. Not that it’s happening

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.