Home Forums Television Guilds 2019/2020

Guilds 2019/2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 141 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Dvir B.A.
Ivo Stoyanov
  • DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Have you even watched the other three episodes? I doubt it.

For the first time in years I actually watched all nominated episodes in the drama DGA, and the Long Night is easily the best directed, by far.

Absolutely untrue, I loved GoT, I have defended the show many times here in the past, this can be easily checked. Season 8 is beyond any possible defense if you have at least 10% of good taste.

please… I don’t remember a time ever being on the site where you didn’t dedicate 50% of your posts during Emmy period trashing GoT, way before S8 even happened.
    Ans S8 is easily defendable if you actually take a minute to think about the plot decision and don’t quote some stupid Reddit memes. We just spoke about objectivity and opinions– does the American Television Academy doesn’t have “at least 10% of good taste”? give me a break

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Dvir B.A..
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Dvir B.A..
    ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree, but this was never happening. Many of you act like season 4 is the first good season since the first, but the real fans know that he was criminally snubbed for season 3 was well, I was spamming about it here back then. Episode “eps3.4_runtime-err0r.r00” was one single long take for 45 minutes full of tension, drama, twist and character developments all at once, but it was completely ignored, while Iñárritu won every single awards for the same, and this year Mendes is going to follow his steps again for the same. So I already suffered for Esmail, this year I will suffer for Malek and Chaikin.

I would nominate Esmail for every season of Mr. Robot except perhaps the second one. You get used to snubbing the show, but it would’ve been nice if he was awarded for the final season. That season 3 directing snub really hurts, especially when you realize Ozark got two directing nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Couverture
    Participant
    Topics:

Not Ivo preaching about TASTE lol. When you stan THT and BoRap and This is Us… That’s why people with actual taste are leaving and more and more trolls are coming over. People making a joke of these forums.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Not Ivo preaching about TASTE lol. When you stan THT and BoRap and This is Us… That’s why people with actual taste are leaving and more and more trolls are coming over. People making a joke of these forums.

He stans “This Is Us” so he definitely has taste!

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

He stans “This Is Us” so he definitely has taste!

But he stans BoRap so his taste is revoked!

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

If we’re talking best direction, The Mandalorian deserves a fair shot.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

It will be a real shame when Succession wins over Game of Thrones tonight at the PGA’s.

I mean, Succession S2 was incredible and I will be totally rooting for it next years Emmys, but say what you will about GoT’s final season it was perhaps the biggest undertaking in television history, from a production stand point.
    Hoping for a surprise tonight.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The final season of Game of Thrones was disgusting and has rightfully gone down as such in the zeitgeist.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

The final season of Game of Thrones was disgusting and has rightfully gone down as such in the zeitgeist.

Many previous award shows would differ… most Emmy winning final season in history After all. A hell of an achievement for something so “disgusting”

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, Succession S2 was incredible and I will be totally rooting for it next years Emmys, but say what you will about GoT’s final season it was perhaps the biggest undertaking in television history, from a production stand point.
    Hoping for a surprise tonight.

This shouldn’t be the reason though. Then Avengers would have to sweep over something like Parasite. I realized that this had been the only argument GOT fans bring up to justify its wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Many previous award shows would differ… most Emmy winning final season in history After all. A hell of an achievement for something so “disgusting”

It is indeed. I mean that it is a punchline in popular discourse.

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

This shouldn’t be the reason though. Then Avengers would have to sweep over something like Parasite. I realized that this had been the only argument GOT fans bring up to justify its wins.

It’s funny because Game of Thrones was always considered prestige TV, but Avengers was much better written than this last season. It’s make no sense why people say this season of GOT deserves accolades and also say Endgame deserves nothing. It makes no sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s funny because Game of Thrones was always considered prestige TV, but Avengers was much better written than this last season. It’s make no sense why people say this season of GOT deserves accolades and also say Endgame deserves nothing. It makes no sense.

GoT memes and trends aside, Avengers Endgame is probably as far away as “good written” you can get. Be serious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

GoT memes and trends aside, Avengers Endgame is probably as far away as “good written” you can get. Be serious.

The writing is better than Season 8 by a mile.

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Succession, Fleabag and Chernobyl won PGA. Brilliant deserving winners!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.