Home Forums Television Guilds 2019/2020

Guilds 2019/2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 141 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Dvir B.A.
Ivo Stoyanov
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

A few months after the opposite result at the Emmys, there it goes losing ASC to The Handmaid’s Tale.

Handmaid winning; we love to see it.

Interesting to see hbo vs. hbo vs. hbo vs. crown w/

Ace GoT

DGA Watchmen

PGA Succession

Sag Crown

ReplyCopy URL
    Stranger Among Us
    Participant
    Topics:

So if Watchmen is not coming back for Season 2, doesn’t that mean it will compete in the Limited Series categories?

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone able to explain how Fleabag tied with Barry for CAS sound mixing award? Barry is clearly a show with a lot going on sound-wise. What exactly was so good in terms of sound mixing on Fleabag? It’s just dialogue.

Episode 2.1 of fleabag is a clear feat of sound mixing and editing

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The sound mixers are the worst. They just go with the biggest shows and are also infamously short on the draw. The worst was when they awarded that later-season Modern Family episode that took place entirely on a computer screen.

I always say that people are too influenced here by flashy titles of episodes nominated for directing and should take into account that the Gold Derby predictions centre does not have director names on the ballot like the real ones do. They knew that Nicole Kassell did the pilot, so that was going to be a leg up on the other nominated episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

They knew that Nicole Kassell did the pilot, so that was going to be a leg up on the other nominated episode.

Directors also strongly prefer pilots.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

For the first time in years I actually watched all nominated episodes in the drama DGA, and the Long Night is easily the best directed, by far.

It is by far the WORST directed between the five and I REALLY ENJOY my correct prediction about his lost.

please… I don’t remember a time ever being on the site where you didn’t dedicate 50% of your posts during Emmy period trashing GoT, way before S8 even happened.
    Ans S8 is easily defendable if you actually take a minute to think about the plot decision and don’t quote some stupid Reddit memes.

You have really bad memory, I even defended season 7 not being really bad, but just mediocre. I have never been to Reddit and S8 is defensible only if you have zero taste about good stuff.

It will be a real shame when Succession wins over Game of Thrones tonight at the PGA’s.

I mean, Succession S2 was incredible and I will be totally rooting for it next years Emmys, but say what you will about GoT’s final season it was perhaps the biggest undertaking in television history, from a production stand point.
    Hoping for a surprise tonight.

And I was right about the REAL reason of your shade towards the constant wins of Succession.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I would nominate Esmail for every season of Mr. Robot except perhaps the second one. You get used to snubbing the show, but it would’ve been nice if he was awarded for the final season. That season 3 directing snub really hurts, especially when you realize Ozark got two directing nominations.

Agree with every word, I am really happy to have you here as one of the few who really appreciates the quality of S3 and S4 of Mr. Robot.

Not Ivo preaching about TASTE lol. When you stan THT and BoRap and This is Us… That’s why people with actual taste are leaving and more and more trolls are coming over. People making a joke of these forums.

Your delusions constantly amuses me, you are one of the trolls here and your defense of S8 of GoT is a running joke. Your lies are even more amusing. I stan THT and This is us, but I HAVE NEVER stant BoRap. I just said that it is a enjoyable movie, a decent movie and that I love Malek performance in it, I do not hate his Oscar, but my favorite that year was Bradley Cooper.

But he stans BoRap so his taste is revoked!

Another lier, same response goes to you: “I HAVE NEVER stant BoRap. I just said that it is a enjoyable movie, a decent movie and that I love Malek performance in it, I do not hate his Oscar, but my favorite that year was Bradley Cooper.”

Movies are not meant to be discussed in black and white perspective. BoRap is a movie that made billions of people cry and discover or rediscover the best musician of all time, recognizing something so obvious doesn’t make me a stan.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

And I was right about the REAL reason of your shade towards the constant wins of Succession.

Yep, I’m not even denying that… I mean when Succession will compete next year at the Emmys it will be the worthy winner in most of the categories it’s going to win, so I will be totally on board and even root for it. When it’s winning awards that in my opinion it shouldn’t, that’s when I put “shade” or whatever you call it. I have nothing personal against this show and I actually really like it

It is by far the WORST directed between the five and I REALLY ENJOY my correct prediction about his lost.

That’s why I try not to come here as much as I used to in the past… Seems like too many people here are happy with certain shows loosing than they are actually happy/rooting for there favourite shows to win… Which is frankly quite disgusting. This place is giving me too much Reddit/Twitter vibes as of late

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Dvir B.A..
    ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

DvirBA wrote:
    GoT memes and trends aside, Avengers Endgame is probably as far away as “good written” you can get. Be serious.

The writing is better than Season 8 by a mile.

Finally someone acknowledging the truth.

Happy to have been part of the two percent who called that Watchmen upset at DGA. I was the only Editor to have Nicole Kassell even in my top two!

Bravo! I forgot to make predictions, but you know that I had the same opinion and we even discussed it, Mylod would not made sense due to something that you again commented first, Adam McKay won because his directing was unique for television, Mylod is just doing what many more directors would have done and lost what Adam McKay brought to the show.

The people who were predicting GoT are really crazy at this point, I em extremely proud that my theory from September proved to be correct, GoT LOST everything at the Guild with the exception of the only thing the industry really liked about S8 – Peter Dinklage (and the ACE, another thing that they always liked about it), it lost everything else, which proves that won Drama Series as a consolation prize and due to lack of competition.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

The people who were predicting GoT are really crazy at this point, I em extremely proud that my theory from September proved to be correct, GoT LOST everything at the Guild with the exception of the only thing the industry really liked about S8 – Peter Dinklage (and the ACE, another thing that they always liked about it), it lost everything else, which proves that won Drama Series as a consolation prize and due to lack of competition.

It doesn’t prove anything of this sort, since, as I mentioned before, they lost most of these guild awards when they won drama Series for season 6 and 7, as well as 8.
    And also, they didn’t win Drama series and that’s it, they won more Emmys in total than any final season ever. It’s one hell of a consolation price for a season “that bad”. You can try to deny it all you want but season 8 made an extraordinary triumph on the Emmys. I know that’s a huge glitch in the internet narrative, so you can keep trying to find excuses for that if that makes you feel better.

Also, if you are counting the smaller guilds like the ACE, those are not over yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s why I try not to come here as much as I used to in the past… Seems like too many people here are happy with certain shows loosing than they are actually happy/rooting for there favourite shows to win… Which is frankly quite disgusting. This place is giving me too much Reddit/Twitter vibes as of late

I would no say so, people here are happy when there is justice and if there was one at the Emmys, GoT would have won just for Editing, Music and Special effects. So to see finally some justice is quite rewarding. And I personally have always been more happy for the winners, not for the losers, wins like the ones from Malek, Maslany, THT, Moss, The Americans and Rhys are the reason I watch the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, if you are counting the smaller guilds like the ACE, those are not over yet.

I thought that they were. My bad.

It doesn’t prove anything of this sort, since, as I mentioned before, they lost most of these guild awards when they won drama Series for season 6 and 7, as well as 8.

And I told you that it is not true, GoT won DGA for both Mother’s Mercy (season 5) and Battle of the Bastards (season 6). And also PGA for season 5. And even a ASC (the Guild of Cinematographers) for season 6. They never won WGA, because their taste is too exquisite for the uneven quality of GoT.

And also, they didn’t win Drama series and that’s it, they won more Emmys in total than any final season ever. It’s one hell of a consolation price for a season “that bad”. You can try to deny it all you want but season 8 made an extraordinary triumph on the Emmys. I know that’s a huge glitch in the internet narrative, so you can keep trying to find excuses for that if that makes you feel better.

Honey, the important awards are Acting, Writing, Directing, Program, Editing and Cinematography. GoT only won two of those, but practically only one – Editing (their biggest supporters), the second one – Dinklage is a sick obsession of the Industry and do not try to deny that, he has the same amount of Emmys that Cranston has for Breaking Bad – Criminal.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

And I told you that it is not true, GoT won DGA for both Mother’s Mercy (season 5) and Battle of the Bastards (season 6). And also PGA for season 5. And even a ASC (the Guild of Cinematographers) for season 6. They never won WGA, because their taste is too exquisite for the uneven quality of GoT.

They won none for 1-4. They won DGA and PGA for Season 5, and only DGA for 6. For season 7 they won neither. For 8 they won SAG. Sounds pretty even to me. And of course you fail to mention that in both season 7 and 8, they managed to get 3 and 2 nominations in the DGA respectively, which also shows huge support on its own and explains the loss a little better. As for the technical guild it’s funny you only mention the cinematographers guild where it won in season 5 and not now while you don’t mention the vast majority of technical guild, where they won then and at least among those that did took place also winning now.

Honey, the important awards are Acting, Writing, Directing, Program, Editing and Cinematography. GoT only won two of those, but practically only one – Editing (their biggest supporters), the second one – Dinklage is a sick obsession of the Industry and do not try to deny that, he has the same amount of Emmys that Cranston has for Breaking Bad – Criminal.

As always, dismissing all the wins that doesn’t fit your narrative and only mention those that do… “supporters”, “obsession”… seriously?

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

They won none for 1-4. They won DGA and PGA for Season 5, and only DGA for 6. For season 7 they won neither. For 8 they won SAG. Sounds pretty even to me. And of course you fail to mention that in both season 7 and 8, they managed to get 3 and 2 nominations in the DGA respectively, which also shows huge support on its own and explains the loss a little better. As for the technical guild it’s funny you only mention the cinematographers guild where it won in season 5

As always, dismissing all the wins that doesn’t fit your narrative and only mention those that do… “supporters”, “obsession”… seriously?

Not true, I already mentioned the SIX relevant fields – Acting, Writing, Directing, Program, Editing and Cinematography as my only barometer. From those fields they always had the support from Editing and from Acting (but only for Dinklage and this is not dismissiveness from my side, it is an important distinction, okay, lets not call it “obsession”, let’s call it like it is – they NEVER showed support for other performers that are not Dinklage).

So to summarize why I am correct and you are not:

– S7 and S8 only had support from Editing and partially from Acting branches, hence they did not deserved to win Program and the won Program by the bare minimum and due to external factors, for S7 it was because The Crown and The Americans split the votes, for S8 it was due to the lack of competition.

-S5 and S6 are indeed BELOVED by the Industry, those two seasons won Directing (2 DGA and 2 Emmy), Editing (2 Emmy and 2 ACE), Program (2 Emmys and 1 PGA), Writing (2 Emmys and 0 WGA, so yes, this Guild never loved them), Acting (0 SAG, but again 1 acting Emmy for Dinklage, it is still unbelievable that he lost for S6 to Ben Mendelsohn, so yes, it is ironic and laughable that the only SAG win for the show was again for Dinklage) and even the sixth and most problematic field for the show Cinematography (1 win from ASC and 0 Emmys).

So, S5 and S6 won all six big awards between the Guilds and the Emmys (1 Acting, 2 Writing, 4 Directing, 3 Program, 4 Editing and 1 Cinematography), while S7 and S8 won only 3 out of 6 big disciplines between Guild and Emmys (3 Acting, 4 Editing and 2 Program), so please, be honest for once and admit that the difference between seasons 5 and 6 and season 7 and 8 is ABYSMAL, the support from all six big disciplines with the exception of Editing and partially Acting (it got bigger, but just for 1 performer, still 0 love for the rest of the cast) DROPPED HUGELY.

*Seasons 1-4 were not loved and not seen seriously by the Industry, we all know that. From the six big disciplines, those 4 seasons only won 1 Acting Emmy (0 SAG of course) for Dinklage, and again, multiple Editing awards from both Emmys and ACE, but NOTHING ELSE, so yes, those two disciplines (along with other more irrelevant technical fields) helped the show maintained his undeserved wins for S7 and S8, and like Riley said, those wins were disgusting and already aged VERY BAD, like Shakespeare in love and Crash at the Oscars BAD.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.