Home Forums Television HOMELAND Final Season (June 2019)

HOMELAND Final Season (June 2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Reis
Atypical
  • Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Our Emmy and Golden Globe winning hit drama HOMELAND will be back for an eighth and final season, premiering in June 2019!

Starring Emmy, Screen Actors Guild and Golden Globe winner Claire Danes and Emmy and Tony winner Mandy Patinkin, production on the final 12 episodes will begin in early 2019 in a still to be determined location.

Officially, it’s the final season. Another show skipping next year’s Emmys.

Anonymous
    Topics:

They could have made a slight final season comeback if released in May. I was actually planning on predicting Danes for the final season. Dissapointing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

June, are you kidding me? I must remind that such gaps are wholly unnecessary, even for amazing television. “Through the Looking Glass” from Lost finished filming May 7, finished post-production on May 21, aired May 23 and is regarded as an all-time great (double) episode of television. That was crazy, but it illustrates that needing months or years to do this stuff is nonsense. And aside from my general annoyance, I do not understand what Showtime’s game is here. Did they learn nothing from Episodes? This could end up being their first season to score zero Emmy nominations. Have they just given up on the Emmys and decided that the spring is too crowded with prestige competitors taking up ratings?

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

June, are you kidding me? I must remind that such gaps are wholly unnecessary, even for amazing television. “Through the Looking Glass” from Lost finished filming May 7, finished post-production on May 21, aired May 23 and is regarded as an all-time great (double) episode of television. That was crazy, but it illustrates that needing months or years to do this stuff is nonsense. And aside from my general annoyance, I do not understand what Showtime’s game is here. Did they learn nothing from Episodes? This could end up being their first season to score zero Emmy nominations. Have they just given up on the Emmys and decided that the spring is too crowded with prestige competitors taking up ratings?

Riley, a little of the topic, but you think if GOT aired on April 2018 instead July 2017, the season 7 could have more nomination?

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Not many more nods, but maybe a few acting nods. The late release date seems to have aided Harris and Wright. Harrington could have replaced one of them, I think. Clarke is in a far more competitive field in lead actress than supporting actress, but maybe she could have squeaked in over Wood. Williams couldn’t get into a field of seven, so chances are she might have been snubbed regardless. I would have been fine with her being nodded though.

Back to “Homeland” news:

Eight seasons feels like a solid end run when Showtimeitis could easily push this to ten seasons. Wretched premiere date, as previously stated. The Emmys will not be checking for “Homeland” in July 2020. Big maybe that Patinkin persists to the end (and I fully support his current Emmy nomination), but anything’s possible. Danes seems sadly out for good even with multiple open slots next year. Regardless, hoping for a great conclusion to Showtime’s breakthrough Drama Series and first-ever series victor (Comedy or Drama)! It deserves at least that, as well as more recognition for its stellar season 7.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The Emmys will not be checking for “Homeland” in July 2020.

That really sums it up. It sounds so far away.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I will miss this show so damn much!!

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I told my mom everything you said and she said “Yes” to this.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Even with a baffling June release, Patinkin and Abraham will probably still make the Emmy cut lol.

THE OSCAR 100 (#20-16): Jodie Foster, Martin Landau, Jessica Lange, Patty Duke and Anne Bancroft

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.