Home Forums Television HOMELAND Final Season (Fall 2019)

HOMELAND Final Season (Fall 2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Atypical
Luca Giliberti
  • Cobalt Blue
    Participant
    Topics:

Full trailer for Season 8!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXFZ4fEPRJ8

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

73 on Metacritic with 4 reviews in. Probably won’t get many more than this, so the rating isn’t all that representative.

Sneak preview clip:

“I’m a Russian Agent, Apparently”
    https://youtu.be/hROtDNCGARg

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Episode Title: “Deception Indicated”

Synopsis: Carrie recovers in Germany; Saul negotiates; Max has a new mission.

Discuss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve noticed parallels with season one, so a weird idea came to mind – what if Carrie ends up being Brody?

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s the entire crux of the final season, according to the reviews. Carrie (allegedly) becomes the new Brody. Full-circle moment and all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Whoa, not sure how I feel. High hopes for this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Just want to say that I love that the series finale is titled “Prisoners of War” after the source material.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Strong start to the season. Claire Danes was excellent throughout. It was like no time had passed at all. I did suffer from some of that “am I supposed to know this character?” syndrome that the reviews talked about, but I mostly pushed through that. I certainly remember Yevgeny, but I felt like I should have known who the driver guy was. I see that her handler guy is new, at least. Mandy Patinkin was as intense as ever. I think this could be a strong season for him, and we’ve seen that he can get into supporting actor at the Emmys on his own without Danes around. The reviews also said that this is a strong season for Max. I never really noticed Maury Sterling all that much when other more compelling characters were around, like Brody, Quinn, and Virgil (where did David Marciano go?). But good for him regardless for sticking it out this long. Excited to see where all of this goes!

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Finally watched the first four episodes of the final season.  There are some decent twists in the coming weeks.  With Howard Gordon co-writing the third episode, I thought that it might be a momentous one, but the tense and short fourth episode is the one to watch out for, although now I am looking back and the fourth episode has been explosive for the past several seasons.  It is a bit of a departure from the first three; Costa Ronin is not in it for example.  I have faith in Homeland in general, but it seems still too early to say whether the show will stick the landing based on the direction of the first third of the season.  With the Emmys often seeming to be behind, Beau Bridges might look better for a guest nomination this year, especially without internal competition from Jake Weber and F. Murray Abraham, unless they manage to shoehorn the latter in again.  I would not mind them shoehorning Elizabeth Marvel in for a guest nomination.  Bridges and Linus Roache do not return until the third episode and Roache is demoted in the credits under Ronin, so I wonder if the back part of the season is very Russia-centric.  After watching these four episodes, I watched the two season trailers that Showtime has released; the second has mostly material that I have not seen, which is a choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Episode Title: “Catch & Release”

Synopsis: Carrie reconnects with an old ally. Tasneem seeks counsel. Saul finds hope.

Discuss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

New main title design alert! A tad too long, but I really liked seeing the full trajectory of the series from Brody to now with Carrie in his shoes and everything in between. So full-circle and fitting for the final season. Tense and exciting follow-up to the premiere. You still can’t take your eyes off of Carrie Mathison. Claire Danes is as riveting as she’s ever been. I particularly love her scenes with Yevgeny. Costa Ronin gives off a lot of Damian Lewis vibes, even though they look nothing alike. The secondary plot with Saul and his peace talks just took a nice sideways turn. Hopefully all of that resolves itself next episode. Max’s scenes are okay so far. I’m curious about what the plan is for Max this season or the great story arc that Maury Sterling is supposedly getting according to critics. Very strong start to the season otherwise!

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Max has a great arc in the first four episodes?

ReplyCopy URL
    Bebe
    Participant
    Topics:

My problem with the first two episodes is that I literally do not care about any character other than Carrie. The supporting characters are not interesting at all, and a lot of them, I can’t keep track of who they are.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.