Home Forums Television HOMELAND Final Season

HOMELAND Final Season

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Atypical
Riley Chow
Eden
  • Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

He is in seven to ten, which is as far as I have seen. And thanks!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Episode Title: “In Full Flight”

Synopsis: Hayes has ideas; Carrie goes shopping; Tasneem has problems.

Discuss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RCS
    Topics:

I’ve been a super fan of this show since it began. After the first two seasons, the series has been wildly inconsistent. However, I felt as though season eight was the most steady the show has ever been (episodes 1-7 were neither phenomenal nor extraordinarily flawed), until last week, which I found to be filled with missed opportunities and strange executions of major moments on paper. This week’s episode, “In Full Flight,” was an improvement but I found the episode to be lacking a bit. Strong scene with Carrie at the end retrieving the box. I’m not very surprised by the twist of the ending, and know there’s fertile ground to explore the complexity of Carrie’s past and newfound vulnerability in the final three episodes.

After all the ups and downs with Carrie, I feel so invested in her, and my heart is just breaking knowing her story is going to end like a greek tragedy. I want more character moments with Carrie/Saul and big directorial moments, like what we saw in episode 7, and what Homeland does best.

SEASON 8
    1-6: B+
    7: A-
    8: C+
    9: B-

Twitter: @rcs818

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Carrie’s hunt for the flight recorder was great, and the scene between Tasneem and Jalal. Something told me that finding the recorder wouldn’t be that “easy,” and of course, it wasn’t. Yevgeny is such a complicated character, so that last scene with Carrie was both uneasy and perplexing. Sad that Saul and Wellington are being phased out by Hugh Dancy’s character, but this is kinda how I envision Trump’s White House being where it’s just a musical chairs of who can influence the president at any given moment of time with a bunch of rotating senior advisors and acting cabinet members. And just b/c I’m watching old “True Blood” episodes again, it’s interesting to see Sam Trammell again and doing something completely different than what he’s best known for.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I’m surprised we haven’t seen F. Murray Abraham pop up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Denis
    Topics:

That was great. The actor who plays Yevgeny is as good as he was in The Americans, he was an incredible future ahead of him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Episode Title: “Designated Driver”

Synopsis: No one admits to anything.

Discuss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RCS
    Topics:

OK, here we go.

Homeland is coming in for a landing and it’s finally on the uphill track of something worthy of the show’s legacy. One of my biggest problems with this season, despite the early half being consistently good, there haven’t been *great* episodes. When the show has been presented with opportunities for big moments, they’re blown them, until this week’s episode.

Carrie’s decision-making in “Designated Driver” is completely on key and consistent with the character built over the past eight seasons. Her scenes in the interrogation room were simply terrific — the writing was great, the directing was sharp, and Danes was at her best this season. It’s igniting a visceral response in me, someone who has so much valued in Carrie as a character. It’s devastating to see her tragic arc unfold, knowing no one is more dedicated to the United Staes as Carrie is.

The final sequence is pretty sensational and set up for a fittingly destructive penultimate and finale episodes. It’s a relief that the pieces came together so well.

Grade: A-

Twitter: @rcs818

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Carrie’s arrest was hard to watch. Very intense episode, especially at the end with the sad “designated driver.” I have so many hopes for these last two episodes. I hope they’re realized. “Homeland” has the potential of being counted amongst the television greats, but the landing has to stick completely, or else. Stay tuned!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

I’m surprised we haven’t seen F. Murray Abraham pop up.

+

I expect him on the finale.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Denis
    Topics:

Ok no one over there could shoot at the tire?

Kidding aside. That was a great episode. Cannot wait for the last two.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Denis.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Denis.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cobalt Blue
    Topics:

Maybe the best episode of the season?  I just thought every scene was fire.  Everything that’s been built up , the storylines, the character relationships, are really paying off well.  The final sequence was exceptional and it was quite illuminating how they showed the perspective of a ‘designated driver’ and how they could end up in that situation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

This weekend sees the return of original director Michael Cuesta! He is not the only surprise guest, as a former child star reprises a role that he has had on a CBS procedural, but his lines are dubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    theofficialnodafuefanaccount
    Topics:

What an episode! I don’t care if the competition is stiff, this show deserves a nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Episode Title: “The English Teacher”

Synopsis: Saul backchannels. Carrie needs one more favor.

Discuss.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.