Home Forums Television KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 156 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
kellis
Jus
  • Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

BBC America released a premiere date for Killing Eve‘s second season, a great moment for a season two thread.

BBC AMERICA SETS APRIL 7 RETURN FOR GOLDEN GLOBE® AND CRITICS’ CHOICE-NOMINATED THRILLER KILLING EVE

BBC AMERICA’S Killing Eve is Back for Season Two on Sunday, April 7 at 8/7c

Beginning just after the end of the final episode of season one, Villanelle has disappeared, and Eve is left reeling, having no idea if the woman she stabbed is alive or dead. With both of them in deep trouble, Eve has to find Villanelle before someone else does…but unfortunately, she’s not the only person looking for her.

Along with returning stars Oh, Comer and Fiona Shaw (Harry Potter), new additions to the cast include Nina Sosanya (Good Omens) and Edward Bluemel (A Discovery of Witches) in series regular roles, with Julian Barratt (Mindhorn), Henry Lloyd-Hughes (Indian Summers) and Shannon Tarbet (Genius) set to guest star.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I am a bit worried that Phoebe Waller-Bridge is no longer the showrunner. My biggest wish is that it doesn’t suffer from sophomore slump.

ReplyCopy URL
    insomniac0987
    Participant
    Topics:

I am a bit worried that Phoebe Waller-Bridge is no longer the showrunner. My biggest wish is that it doesn’t suffer from sophomore slump.

The first season fell apart in the last couple episodes (IMO), so a sophomore slump is inevitable. The severity of it depends on the new showrunner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

My expectations are low but I’m still excited because I was a big fan of season 1

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

#JusticeforJodieComer

ReplyCopy URL
    Cobalt Blue
    Participant
    Topics:

Teaser trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za9wX0xSqRA

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

These seem amazing! Can’t wait to watch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/killing-eve-season-2-early-reviews-sandra-oh-and-jodie-comer-dazzle-again-in-stellar-first-eps/

It doesn’t seem that there’s going to be a sophomore slump. Oh is pretty much guaranteed to win now I guess.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Predicted Emmy Noms

• Best Drama Series- NOM
    • Best Lead Actress in a Drama- Sandra Oh- WIN
    • Best Lead Actress in a Drama Series- Jodie Comer- NOM
    • Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series- Fiona Shaw- NOM
    • Best Writing in a Drama Series- NOM

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Forgot to mark my calendar for the end of that embargo!  But you are basically still able to hear it here first that the sophomore slump is coming.  The press only got two episodes, so reviews are going to be based much more heavily on last season than this one because critics are not going to want to bad-mouth an “underrated” show that they ultimately want people to watch just because a small sample of episodes from the new season is not revelatory.

I watched the two episodes three weeks ago and promptly removed Jodie Comer from my predictions.  The show does not really know what to do with her in the early goings of this new season, which was further evidence to me that the show is just going to keep spinning its wheels as it stretches its premise thinly instead of moving on to whatever the next phase of the story should be.  Remember that season of 24 when Kim Bauer was infamously chased by a cougar (and I think that she was randomly held up in a convenience store a few hours late)?  We have the same thing happening here in which Villanelle is facing ridiculous episodic obstacles.

Look, I love Jodie Comer.  She should have been nominated over Sandra Oh and I am biased because she is probably my favourite interview that I have conducted (and certainly my most popular, with 180 000 views), but she is a young foreigner without name recognition who is playing a heartless sociopath and not a maniacal one, but a flippant one.  The show is not taking her character seriously, so I do not anticipate Emmy voters to take her performance seriously.  They are just going to default to Viola Davis, like they did in guest last year.

I remember less about what happens to Eve in these episodes.  My problems with the show are not unique to this season.  I thought that it went off the rails in the back half of the first season and was not even a revelation in the first half. I do not even think that it is a bad show; I just disagree with the consensus that it is an amazing one.  So if you are fine with the forced lesbian antics and the co-leads continuing to meet without either of them dying, then I have good news: Emerald Fennell has picked up where Phoebe Waller-Bridge left off in every sense.  If you liked Killing Eve before and it was arguably the most acclaimed show of the year, you will still like it now.  But I feel like I have seen it before with the likes of The Handmaid’s Tale and especially the similarly cat-and-mouse Homeland where I lose enthusiasm by the end of the first season and it takes until the end of the second season for everyone else to join me.  There is a twist of sorts in the new season that the show treats as huge, but I would not have even realized was a twist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Oh jeez, I still need to finish Season 1. I’ve seen two episodes of the show and for some reason I don’t love it yet :/

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Oh jeez, I still need to finish Season 1. I’ve seen two episodes of the show and for some reason I don’t love it yet :/

After having now seen 4 episodes of Season 1, I finally love the show. The ending of episode 3 is exactly what I needed to love this show. Jodie Comer was robbed, I can now finally say that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Episode 1 of S2 is very good, taking off where it left.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Full Predicted Emmy Noms

• Best Drama Series
    • Best Lead Actress- Sandra Oh- W
    • Best Lead Actress- Jodie Comer
    • Best Supporting Actress- Fiona Shaw
    • Best Guest Actor- Kim Bodnia
    • Best Writing- Episode 1- W
    • Casting for a Drama
    • Contemporary Costumes- W
    • Hairstyling for a Single Camera Series- W
    • Makeup
    • Music Composition for a Series
    • Single Camera Picture Editing
    • Production Design
    • Special Effects in a Supporting Role

Predicted 14 Noms, 4 Wins

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

BBC AMERICA is marathoning all of season 1 starting early Sunday morning before the premiere for those who want to DVR and catch up later.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.