Home Forums Television KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Jus
kellis
  • Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

I was like what the hell are they talking about? I thought it was supposed to come out tonight.

This season aired two days earlier on HBO Go in Europe (not all countries, but most), Australia, New Zealand and of course in the US (AMC). That’s why spoilers are everywhere.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Just finished the last two episodes of the season, and if the ending is actually how it is, I think I kinda love it. I mean, if it’s not, I don’t love it but at least there’s no coming back from this for either of them; though, I still wanted more of that Bonnie/Clyde set-up *sigh* (like why did you have to ruin everything Eve). That being said, I don’t think it’ll help the sophomore slump, it sent it back to season 1 again and I don’t know if I’m going to have the strength to last another season like this.

In terms of acting, this was both of them at their peak and should be their submission.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked it too because it seemed like it was going somewhere but the last minutes of it ruins it.Basically, it turned out to be the same as season one.

Yeah, I just came here to say this too. I hadn’t watched the finale when I wrote that. But anyway, it was still more entertaining than GOT.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m glad that they did not went with the Bonnie/Clyde route which would be very cliche. I like how every season finale is a play on the title. This season overall was maybe not as great as the first one, but just like the second season of Westworld not that low to be considered as a sophomore slump.

ReplyCopy URL
    Julian14
    Participant
    Topics:

I really liked this season but thought the ending was a bit of a cheat cause there’s No way eve is dead

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah….I didn’t love this episode until the end. My grade: B+

ReplyCopy URL
    Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

Good finale with a bad ending.
    So so season of what should have been a limited series. Very worried for season 3.
    Last year with way more whorthy performances from actresses I would have snubbed both Sandra and Jodie and I would nodded the show and the writing.
    Opposite thing this year: nominations just for Sandra and Jodie. With Jodie being a frontrunner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Julian14
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved this season until it’s ending which pulled the rug from under it and Made the whole season worth nothing. They didn’t move the Story forward in any way. They should have gone for Bonnie and clyde. It would be something that would have been excited to see

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

When I first heard people complaining about the ending I assumed Eve and Villanelle hooked up. I think I would have liked that more than what we got.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

I was frustrated with how similar this was to the season 1 finale. No way Eve is dead. Hugo alluded to playing dead in the beginning of the episode, that is what Eve is doing. Next season is gonna be Eve getting revenge on Villanelle. And with a new showrunner, great…

Overall, I found the season good, but not as fresh as the first. There were too many storylines some of them that were just abandoned. The Ghost? who cares, The Twelve? who cares, Gemma and Eve’s Husband? who cares.

Also, it was NO where as funny as last season. It didn’t help that Elena and Bill aren’t on the show anymore and Kenny was fired. Their interactions with Eve were my favorite.

Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer were great as always. Each of them have great tapes. Oh was my favorite of the two this season and would be my pick for the emmy.

Season 2: B

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The finale is at 69% on the Tomatometer, but it has a series-best score on IMDb after a season of great scores.  So we have the age-old question of whether the academy will agree more with us and the critics or the general audience, with the kicker that this season might be moot because they might still be catching up on the first season, especially with this airing later than any other ongoing series this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

^
    Yeah, this is a good point. Based on s.2 (which overall I liked but..well) I would never put the show in Best Drama Category. But the argument that people still discover the show and rely on s.1 magic is pretty solid. This could literally save their asses this season.

I loved the finale (even with that ending), but only if I ignore post finale interviews with the producers, lol. So I’m gonna ignore that and really hope that the show will use this ending to move forward in a completely new direction. Like….completely new.

If I’m being honest, it’s not the plot that irked me, yes it was dumb, but I think the writing for the characters was…not..deep enough. They are still the same characters, and s.2 didn’t ruin them, but it was this bizzare approach where the show thinks those characters are so awesome that no matter what you write, it will work and it will be amazing. And many of that stuff was nice.

But I guess this quote summarize my feelings about it (Vince Gilligan):
    Can I stress one thing, and it bears stressing to all the writers listening to this, all the folks starting off their writing careers? What we never do, what these guys never do, because it’s DEATH; down this path lie monsters, as they say.
    What these guys never do is say ‘hey, wouldn’t it be cool if he did this? Wouldn’t it be cool if he did that?’ Because when you are leading with the ‘cool thing’, you are not following the character or rather, you are not letting the character do his or her own thinking. And that way lies monsters, as they say. That way you are just bullshitting your way through it. And that way you’re never going to wind up with anything organic or anything truly meaningful. That’s doing it from the outside-in instead of the inside-out. That’s not the way to getting to where you truly want to go.

It becomes ‘Cool Based’, it becomes ‘this is AWESOME AWESOME seeing this location we can use for this AWESOME shoot-out, and there’s this AWESOME kind of gun that so and such just put out! Wouldn’t it be really cool if he…’ well, why would he do that? ‘Uh… We’ll figure that out later! Wouldn’t it be cool if this happened or that happened?’

You can get a fair bit of mileage from doing that. You can fool a viewer for a while, doing that. But not forever. It doesn’t pay dividends, ultimately. It’s empty calories.

Write whatever you feel like writing, but you’re building on quicksand if you do it that way as opposed to building on concrete.

So, while still enjoyble, and I sure as hell will be back for s.3, I sometimes felt s.2 had too many empty calories.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jus.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jus.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

I might have liked the finale more if I hadn’t watched (and loved so dearly) Hannibal. Because to me it felt as an inferior copy of it – the dynamics between Eve and Villanelle being far less nuanced than those between Will and Hannibal, the characters in themselves being much less interesting, and I could go on like that for a long time.
    Overall a more or less decent season, only slightly inferior to the previous one. But this is a fine show at most.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The best way to describe this season is: meh. I had a lot of fun watching it, and Jodie Comer was absolutely worthy of my time, but this show just doesn’t make any sense. I don’t get the point of the storyline anymore at this point. That ending is nothing special because we know exactly that she isn’t dead. Oh absolutely needs to submit this episode, she was great. But even so, in no universe should she be winning over Comer. Shaw continues to do nothing.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I understand the concerns of everyone but I don’t think that the point of Eve being shot by Villanelle is to make viewers anticipate whether she is dead or alive. Anyone who has ever watched a television series can tell she will survive. Last season, it was Eve who betrayed their relationship and now it is Villanelle. I think the point is to explore this toxic relationship as they are no good for each other despite the mutual attraction and fascination between them. What happens now that both have hurt each other and finally come in terms with it? Does this kill Eve or make her kill Villanelle? Though, I feel like the days of Phoebe Waller-Bridge are gone for good.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 159 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.