Home Forums Television KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 151 through 156 (of 156 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
kellis
Jus
  • Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Would Killing Eve worked best as a limited series for 7 to 8 episodes and that’s it?

ReplyCopy URL
    NevadaR
    Participant
    Topics:

That ending is nothing special because we know exactly that she isn’t dead. 

Everybody knows she isn’t dead because that’s not the point they were trying to make. It’s obvious Villanelle aimed VERY carefully because she wanted to hurt Eve not kill her.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

This season was generally slightly weaker than the first but my god that finale was incredible: the perfect comedy thriller. Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh finally got the kind of electric scenes we saw in season one again while Fiona Shaw did series-best work despite only being in a single scene. I loved the final scene as well. Who cares if we know she isn’t dead? It still provides so many avenues to go down.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

What nominations do you guys think KE will get

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

What nominations do you guys think KE will get

I can’t make up my mind about this tbh. Some days I think they will be lucky and with overall weaker year for drama they will get some noms that otherwise they wouldn’t get. Other days – I think only Sandra will be nominated, lol.

I’m happy tho that they sub Lisa Brühlmann episode (2×4 Desperate Times) in so many categories incl directing. I thought Francesca Gregorini episodes were a bit underwhelming and messy (from technical point of view), but Lisa’s episodes, especially 2×4 had that little something. I liked it a lot and it looks like KE team or BBCA thought the same thing.

Not a chance for nom, obviously, but I hope she will be back for s.3.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cobalt Blue
    Participant
    Topics:

As a big cheerleader for Season 1,  have to say my peace at least once. Season 2 was a disaster. I don’t know what even happened in the first half of the season, aside from randos running afoul of Villanelle so she can get her ‘kill of the week’. The second half was just these ridiculous contrivances to get Eve and Villanelle together. It never made sense, and didn’t really pay off with anything so great anyway.  The beats were already played in Season 1.   Did the narrative really justify bringing back Konstantin?  Now Villanelle, Konstantin, and presumably Eve have all been ‘pretend’ killed.  Who’s left?

The events at the end of the finale, were a lot like the finale of Handmaid’s Tale Season 2: a HARD commitment to the status quo.  Really, their entire Season 2s are alike in a lot of ways.   In both cases, they were their network’s first big hit.   They were both stories that were essentially meant to be one season, but for business reasons, the narrative had to be stretched and looped indefinitely to keep cranking out the hits.  And I can’t argue, that’s exactly what these networks should be doing.  It’s just unfortunate.  Season 1 was so fresh and exciting, so it was no fun to watch this.

If some people can still enjoy it, that’s good.   The cast is great, so of course they are still quite watchable, especially Jodie Comer who should be a legit superstar after this.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 151 through 156 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.