Home Forums Television KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 156 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
kellis
Jus
  • forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Truly great return. Perhaps the best Oh has ever been in this? Fennell seems very in touch with Waller-Bridge’s comic tone thankfully. Comer was vibrant as ever. So pleased the critics love it as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    victornewman
    Participant
    Topics:

Are people watching this? For a show that was coming into this season with such media hype, awards, and a simulcast on AMC, the conversation feels muted. The new season of Game of Thrones has sucked all of the oxygen out of the room.

ReplyCopy URL
    nevkm
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that was a freaking glorious first episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Are people watching this? For a show that was coming into this season with such media hype, awards, and a simulcast on AMC, the conversation feels muted. The new season of Game of Thrones has sucked all of the oxygen out of the room.

I actually think Killing Eve has had 10 times the buzz it had last year; I’ve seen a bunch of people excited for this season, and the glowing reviews only help. I do fear for it starting next Sunday since Game of Thrones will steal all its thunder. For TV freaks like us, having these two shows airing at the same time is absolute heaven.

ReplyCopy URL
    victornewman
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually think Killing Eve has had 10 times the buzz it had last year; I’ve seen a bunch of people excited for this season, and the glowing reviews only help. I do fear for it starting next Sunday since Game of Thrones will steal all its thunder. For TV freaks like us, having these two shows airing at the same time is absolute heaven.

I agree on buzz. But I just didn’t see the engagement last night I’ve seen with other shows with similar buzz/hype or what I saw with Killing Eve late in Season One when it was always trending on social media. It was a tough night with the ACMs and Wrestlemania dominating discussion, but is there really that much crossover with country music listeners and wrestling fans and the KE viewership? Of course, social media chatter doesn’t always correlate with viewership, but the premiere didn’t feel like a stake-in-the-ground “moment” in real time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Harry king
    Participant
    Topics:

Well now the show has started and i am really excited for the next episodes

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I admit that I didn’t have a lot of faith in Fennell, but the premiere didn’t disappoint. I quite liked it. The level of suspense from season one is gone, but that was expected. I’m still not sure where the story is going, which will probably be addressed in the next episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I watched this during breakfast. A+

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Truly great return. Perhaps the best Oh has ever been in this? Fennell seems very in touch with Waller-Bridge’s comic tone thankfully. Comer was vibrant as ever. So pleased the critics love it as well.

I didn’t care much about Oh in this episode – except for her hilarious junkie scene. This one was terrific.
    But Comer was great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

How was the episode last night, I’m in the UK so am not able to watch yet. I don’t want to know what happens but just how the acting and writing is and if it’s as good or better than the first season

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

This was a…good episode.I’m not really interested in the story anymore after re watching the first season, it wasn’t as good as the first time.

ReplyCopy URL
    verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Killing Eve renewed… with a new showrunner.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Variety/status/1115292742412845058

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

This is getting ridiculous. And what’s more ridiculous is people praising the different woman showrunner every season.

It will probably bomb next year, so do your best at this year’s Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

How was the episode last night, I’m in the UK so am not able to watch yet. I don’t want to know what happens but just how the acting and writing is and if it’s as good or better than the first season

On par with the first season so far I’d say.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

This is getting ridiculous. And what’s more ridiculous is people praising the different woman showrunner every season.

It will probably bomb next year, so do your best at this year’s Emmys.

The overturn with showrunners is definitely throwing up a lot of red flags here. I thought last night’s episode was good but not on par with the heights of season one, which you can read however you want. As it was last season, I’m here for Comer and Oh. I’m just kind of waiting to see what goes down this season before seeing what season three would look like.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.