Home Forums Television KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 159 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Jus
kellis
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I have seen the rest of the season and things happen! I cannot tell if people will be excited by them or if a sophomore slump narrative will really materialize and people will not be forgiving of things that they would cheered on last season.  This week might be Jodie Comer’s tape.  Fiona Shaw should probably submit the third episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I just wrote an article for Comer; a shame I hadn’t seen this week’s episode before it. And if episode 3 is all Shaw does, then she doesn’t deserve to be nowhere near the top 10.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

pffft, talking about amazing Emmy tape for Comer. As Stefon would say: that episode [2×6] had everything.

If both will be nominated, and let’s face it – both deserve it, then sh*t is going to be intense and third party will probably win.

overall, I would say season 2 is having very solid second half and by the look of things (Riley post) – great finish. Tho I’m biased, because I was waiting for the show (and Eve) to lose it, to go even further into the wild, funny and crazy stuff. But how the audience and critics are going to react to this? I honestly have no idea.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

I like where this is going.Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh have great quemistry. I’m hoping next seaaon they hide together from the twelve or something like that, I don’t want another season of the good and bad guy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

I like where this is going. Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh have great quemistry. I’m hoping next seaaon they hide together from the twelve or something like that, I don’t want another season of the good and bad guy.

Same. I’m hoping that after s.2 finale there will be no coming back for them and it seems like this where they are heading.

Because as much as I love, and oh boi I do love Phoebe Waller Bridge, she did leave a beautiful mess after s.1 finale. Emerald Fennell didn’t have an easy task and after some uncertain narreative steps at the beginning of the season, she eventually steadied the ship and started to do her own thing. At least that’s my impression.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Just watched the pilot (“Nice Face”), and I’m immediately hooked. Didn’t think that the tone of the series would be this flippant, but maybe I should have known with Phoebe Waller-Bridge creating it. Definitely will watch more of this series!

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Finished season 1. Very absorbing series. Surprisingly funny and gory throughout, but convoluted as things concluded. I’m glad that Sandra Oh landed on such a meaty role, but the real revelation is Jodie Comer. There isn’t really a comparison. Comer should be landing nomination after nomination and Emmy after Emmy and isn’t even being nominated, which is shameful. Also, Fiona Shaw was like I’ve never seen her before, and I couldn’t get enough! This all reminded me of “Bodyguard” in some ways. I shouldn’t have waited this long to see it. Binging also works very well for content like this. Onto season 2, hopefully in the very near future.

ReplyCopy URL
    AmnistY21
    Participant
    Topics:

Yesss…so well deserved

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Season 2 Premiere. Generally liked it, but I’m not sure about how Eve is drawn back into Carolyn’s fold (doing autopsy investigating on one of Villanelle’s killings that we haven’t heard of yet). Loved the scenes between Villanelle and the injured boy in the hospital. So sardonic in a sadly dry yet upbeat tone that I’ve never seen done like this on television before. I have little, if anything, to properly compare it to, which is a good thing. Well, maybe the Showtime half-hour female-led dramedies of yore, but far less earnest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

Another strong episode.
    The show is back in form after a slow start.
    Jodie Comer should win Outstanding Lead Actress in A Drama Series.
    Oh, sadly, sometimes looks like a supporting player.
    I hope they deliver with the final two.

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone who watched the BAFTA acceptance speeches, it obviously seems like Sandra Oh didn’t make it to the ceremony, but was it just me or was it a little awkward how none of the many people who won for the show even mentioned her in their speeches? Not trying to read anything, just thought it was a little awkward haha

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone who watched the BAFTA acceptance speeches, it obviously seems like Sandra Oh didn’t make it to the ceremony, but was it just me or was it a little awkward how none of the many people who won for the show even mentioned her in their speeches? Not trying to read anything, just thought it was a little awkward haha

I remember Fiona Shaw did thank Sandra Oh, but yeah it was a bit weird that Comer or Waller-Bridge didn’t mention her in their speeches

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah, Jodie Comer was getting to the end of her speech and said that she had one more person to thank, so I assumed that it would be Sandra Oh, but nope, it was her dead grandma.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t know I wanted Killing Eve be a new Hannibal. But I am loving it.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is such a force this season. She just keeps delivering episode after episode. She will have a hard task with choosing her tape this year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 159 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.