Home Forums Television KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 135 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
18 hours ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
KEllis
Jays
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah, Jodie Comer was getting to the end of her speech and said that she had one more person to thank, so I assumed that it would be Sandra Oh, but nope, it was her dead grandma.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t know I wanted Killing Eve be a new Hannibal. But I am loving it.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Jodie Comer is such a force this season. She just keeps delivering episode after episode. She will have a hard task with choosing her tape this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bebe
    Participant
    Topics:

This season is very odd. The last episode was fantastic and thrilling, but there is seems so much that isn’t plausible. This week’s AV Club review really nailed down how I felt. Jodie Comer is outstanding, however.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t even realize I was two weeks behind lol. Episode 5’s first half, well, it’s best not to talk about it, but the second half, amazing. Oh and Comer have such a ridiculous amount of chemistry, and this season really should’ve just been them together at a table. That dinner scene was Oh’s best for me, and then I don’t even need to explain Comer.

The episode 6 opener, and the episode, in general, was this season’s best. Lol at Caroline’s son walking into the kitchen. Speaking of Caroline, her writing is just beyond horrible at this point. And everyone at that AA meeting were such tools lmao. “Poor you,” lol what?

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Episode 6 was the best of the season, but WTF are Caroline’s scenes?

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I nearly choked on air when she randomly pulled out that hookah lol. I’ll riot if she gets nominated because Caroline’s writing and Shaw’s performance has gotten too ridiculous and self-serious to not be a joke.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

This season is very odd. The last episode was fantastic and thrilling, but there is seems so much that isn’t plausible. This week’s AV Club review really nailed down how I felt. Jodie Comer is outstanding, however.

But was KE plot ever plausible? What do you guys think has changed?
    It doesn’t bother me in the slightest, because s.1 set standards for it, where I knew it’s Spy level, and not The Americans level of probability and the show is very much aware of that.

That was the part of the joke, at least for me.

But I wonder what happened, because clearly people have problem with it? Is it simply too over the top?

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the issue with last season is that everything was so intangible and mythical so we didn’t take it too seriously. There was just “the 12” which had know definition, no people we were aware of, just an implication that they’re very powerful and very mysterious. It was easier to go along with the wild twists and turns because we had no idea who was pulling the strings or why they were doing it, so anything could be possible. By trying to put faces and names to the threats this season (The Peel Company, Alistar Peele, The Ghost) it forces us to see these threats as real and tangible, which makes it harder not to question their plausibility.

With that said, i’m still enjoying this season. Every single episode has had some scenes I really love, even if every one (except the pilot) also had some stuff I didn’t love. It’s definitely not quite as good as last season, but it also kind of made changes that were necessary, as now next season the new showrunner won’t be left with the same issues that Emerald Fennel was left with last year.

I really do hope they tie this mystery back to the 12 at some point. It seems so weird that this big bad was established so strongly in the first season just to have the second season be like nope we’re doing a new villain now just pretend they don’t exist anymore. The 12 hasn’t been mentioned in EPISODES.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 18 hours ago by  nkb325.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 18 hours ago by  nkb325.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

Just watched ep 7 and damn, on the one hand it felt uneventful, but it’s misleading, because it did some tremendous job with showing the characters and their struggles so to speak. The whole thing was actually pretty tense.

Sandra had an amazing scene with the character that we met in ep 5. It was probably one of the last moments where Eve voiced an honest opinion about the whole thing. Deep down she knows this is a trainwreck and where this is heading and she can’t stop it.
    Also, we got a recipe for shepards pie!

I’m not sure which ep should be Sandra’s tape. Her work this season almost feels more subtle (and I love it?), but boi did I like her performance in this one.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 9 hours ago by  Jus.
    • This reply was modified 4 days, 9 hours ago by  Jus.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I am starting to ask myself what the point of this series is… I enjoy watching it every week, but what is ir building up to; is it building up to anything? Jodie Comer carries this show and she’s the main reason why I watch now. Caroline is THE most annoying character, I wish she’d just disappear. Shaw doesn’t get any material, zero, and it’ll be ridiculous if she’s nominated.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess the show wants to tell the story of love&obsession. Each season will put them into the next level of hell (or heaven, depends how you look at it) and it will eventually lead to their “end”.

Waller Bridge said that for her it was always a love story. Toxic, unhealthy and naughty, but a love story and I think that’s the kind of story they are trying to tell. It doesn’t work for everyone, and I totally get why some don’t buy it and are bored with it. But I like it and I’m ready for more. Even tho I saw some shortcomings in both s.1 & 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

That seems fair, but it’s completely apparent IMO that Waller-Bridge is the true creator of this show. Season 1 had something that season 2 doesn’t have at all, and I can’t really describe it. 1.03-1.05 were just pure awesomeness, and the show never really reached that level again IMO. Everything just seems so silly this season; it hasn’t given us that gut punch that the ending of 1.03 gave us. That’s what made me love the show. They tried to recreate that in 2.06 I guess, but that one shocking moment really had no ramifications…

And the show needs to work on its supporting characters. They’re just there doing nothing.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Joan988
    Participant
    Topics:

So I just started the show earlier this week. I didn’t instantaneously fell in love, but I kept watching.

1. Sandra Oh is really annoying. She is always playing the same way like in GA. Somebody who is supposed to be really intelligent, but acts a tiny bit dim. I don’t know if she’s trying to be funny because she clearly is not funny (IMO).
    2. Comer is a revelation to me. I absolutely love her, sometimes it feels too much, the deaths and the way she gets out of trouble, by this I mean es un poco surreal. But at the end, she really delivers and I’m loving her. She easily outshines Oh in terms of acting.
    3. Shaw, I don’t know much about her, I remember she was playing Marnie in True Blood, and I loved her there. Here she plays it safe, just like the character should be played with nothing special.

I don’t know how Oh managed to win the GG and SAG, especially when you had Moss and her incredible acting in THT. But Comer is really coming for awards the next Oscars seasons and I’m here for it. Anyways I keep watching but i will certainly not give them the Best Drama Emmy.

• This reply was modified 4 days ago by  Joan988.
    ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Sandra Oh is winning everything because they want to pat themselves on the back for finally awarding an Asian actress.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.