Home Forums Television KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

KILLING EVE – Season 2 Returns April 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 155 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
KEllis
Jus
  • montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

I am wondering why so many people who dislike this show continue to post in this thread? It’s one thing if you like the show to be disappointed in an episode but it’s clear there are people posting here who don’t like the show and just want to trash it.

And love how people who don’t like Oh dismiss her wins due to her being Asian. Guess all her critical acclaim was just a figment of my imagination.

There are a lot of mediocre ass white people who have won unworthy awards (IN MY OPINION) in recent years. Wonder if I should chalk it up to them being white and privileged?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Andrea.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

It’s a discussion thread, we get to post our opinion whenever we want. This isn’t a “we all love KE” thread. Feel free to not read the comments if they bother you so much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

The last episode was a bore, only interesting thing was the son of Fiona Shaw knowing the tea and the death that happened. The next one seems promising though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

There are a lot of mediocre ass white people who have won unworthy awards (IN MY OPINION) in recent years. Wonder if I should chalk it up to them being white and privileged?

I mean people complain about this all the time and no one is against the complaints cause it´s true.Sandra winning with a weaker performance than her competition and her co-star and being influenced by her nationality is also real.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

I agreed. Especially the GG… she got good publicity from there, and the CC just aligned as they always tend to do. SAG went with her since it was her moment as the first Asian actress to sweep.

I hope she’s never winning the Emmy this year. Comer outshined her the whole season, and we still have Clarke to reward.

I agree*, just to help.
    I´m also rooting for Clarke.I always said she was a bad actress until episode four and five from this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Idk about everyone else but I thought that was the best episode of the season by far and the first great episode since the premiere. It’s a little frustrating that it took so long to get here and there were some bumps along the way but I feel like this is what Emerald Fennel was building towards and I love it. Aaron Peele is finally a compelling character and his dynamic with Villanelle is fascinating, this whole espionage, using Villanelle as an asset thing has finally settled enough to feel natural, and every scene was awesome. The scene with Niko and Gemma in the storage locker was hilarious and a great payoff for that subplot. Sandra Oh’s best episode since the premiere too, that therapy scene was incredibly acted.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  nkb325.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

But Comer is really coming for awards the next Oscars seasons and I’m here for it. 

I absolutely agree. I can see her as becoming either the next Deborah Kerr (she has similar looks and the same voice) or the next Robin Williams (her ability to change voices/accents rivals that of Robin). Both ended their careers with 4+ nominations to their name, plus one win (although Kerr’s win was an Honorary Oscar, not a competitive one).

ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

Idk about everyone else but I thought that was the best episode of the season by far (…)

for sure, and one of the best in the series. There were so many amazing, well written scenes.

btw, I enjoy this season more than most of you in this thread, but I still don’t see KE with writing nomination. Without Phoebe they just don’t have that well known name to put it out there. I know that writing nominations work a bit diferent, so maybe name is not everything, but still..

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Season 2 Of “Killing Eve” Killed The Queer Subtext, And All The Fun Along With It

This totally represents my problems with this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

The season finale was shaping up to be everything I wanted from this series but in the last minute the twist turned predictable.It looks like the beggining of the next season will be as boring as the second.Pretty dissapointed honestly.
    Anyway, both Jodie and Sandra should submit this one, and in a perfect world this episode would be the golden ticket for Comer to get the emmy.

*Spoiler*
    I’m not even sure I’ll watch the third season, I mean I spent my time on this one just for it to be an inverse recreation of the first season.I’m not here to see the same thing for a third time.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I have never been happier at watching Moss and CA Dowd/Yvonne lose to Foy and Newton last year.

You must have a really sad life.

Anyway, on topic: I actually really loved this season, I don’t know why people were complaining tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

You must have a really sad life.

Anyway, on topic: I actually really loved this season, I don’t know why people were complaining tbh.

I liked it too because it seemed like it was going somewhere but the last minutes of it ruins it.Basically, it turned out to be the same as season one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved this finale.

If there was a theme of expectations vs reality for both characters and what they truly know about each other, then it’s clear that reality tourned out to be brutal for both of them.

I’m pretty sure the show won’t do any reset in s.3, but mistake here lies in the structure that suggests that’s exactly what happens.
    Imo no. Mainly because both characters in those final moments finally moved on from deluded expectations towards each other and this imo changes quite signifcatly the whole dynamic. Plus the producer said cat and mouse game is over and they are not coming back to this, but as we know words vs execution are two different things.

But Riley was right, this could be overall divisive finale and good or bad it won’t save KE from sophomore slump narreative. It’s there and it’s not going anywhere.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it out?

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it out?

It’s out on AMC Premiere.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.