Home Forums Television Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie Analysis (2017)

Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie Analysis (2017)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
jf123
Pulp
Sam Keys
  • Sam Keys
    Participant
    Topics:

Nominees:
    Riz Ahmed – The Night Of

Benedict Cumberbatch – Sherlock

Robert De Niro – Wizard of Lies

Ewan McGregor – Fargo

Geoffrey Rush – Genius

John Turturro – The Night Of

Sam Keys
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of people are predicting Ahmed to win even though he could potentially vote split wit Tuturro. And while I think he could easily win the whole thing, I just find it hard to see the Academy saying no to DeNiro in what could be potentially their only chance to award him.

Will win:DeNiro
    Should win:McGregor
    Could win:Ahmed

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

I just find it hard to see the Academy saying no to DeNiro in what could be potentially their only chance to award him.

He has a new Amazon series with Julianne Moore that David O Russell is creating (and maybe writing and directing every episode). It will run for only two seasons according to Amazon

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that Rush is ahead of McGregor in the prediction center is ridiculous. He is the only Genius acting nominee and appears in only half (5 out of 10) of the episodes, and four of those episodes are the last four of the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Cumberbatch, I think Ahmed and Turturro will split votes, I just don’t see DeNiro winning for Wizard of Lies, you may be right, that they want to reward him and might not have a good chance again, but idk if DeNiro is really that beloved by the TV academy. They definitely love Cumberbatch though, and he received a lot of praise for his performance, while DeNiro got mostly positive reviews but no one seemed to think he was at the top of his game here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

They definitely love Cumberbatch though, and he received a lot of praise for his performance, while DeNiro got mostly positive reviews but no one seemed to think he was at the top of his game here.

I see where you are going there, but I find it weird that they would give Cumberbatch a win for its worst reviewed season yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I think my avatar makes my choice in this category pretty clear.

(Although I am still a bit annoyed that Law isn’t even in the running for a performance that should be sweeping the circuit).

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

They definitely love Cumberbatch though, and he received a lot of praise for his performance, while DeNiro got mostly positive reviews but no one seemed to think he was at the top of his game here.

I see where you are going there, but I find it weird that they would give Cumberbatch a win for its worst reviewed season yet.

Yeah, but the episode that is competing at least got very good reviews as far as I know, and I think they like Cumberbatch enough to separate him from the show. They probably will with DeNiro, I mean, he’s a legend, I don’t know what’s making me not want to predict him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Groff should be winning this with Law as a very close runner up. So I honestly don’t care who wins this as long as it isn’t De Niro. I would assume Ahmed has this pretty easy though.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

I want to put Ahmed as my number one. But while Ahmed has more buzz, Tuturro has the showier role and is more beloved than Ahmed is.

Thats the thing that is holding me back.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I want to put Ahmed as my number one. But while Ahmed has more buzz, Tuturro has the showier role and is more beloved than Ahmed is.

Same, Turturro was just so good in the finale, I really can’t see how one gets it over the other.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

The feeling that makes you “want” to put him as number one though rationally you recognize Turturro is as good if not better is why he’s likely winning. We’re rooting for him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

The feeling that makes you “want” to put him as number one though rationally you recognize Turturro is as good if not better is why he’s likely winning. We’re rooting for him.

That’s why I’d predict him for the goldderby awards. Not sure this will apply for the emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually want McGregor to win. But when I say I “want” to put him as #1 because I don’t want DeNiro as my number one lol.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.