Home Forums Television Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie Thread (2017)

Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie Thread (2017)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
jf123
Lance
sofan
  • Sam Keys
    Participant
    Topics:

Nominees:

Carrie Coon – Fargo

Felicity Huffman – American Crime

Nicole Kidman – Big Little Lies

Jessica Lange – Feud

Susan Sarandon – Feud

Reese Witherspoon – Big Little Lies

Sam Keys
    Participant
    Topics:

Kidman seems like the only one who can overcome vote splitting out of the four actresses going up against a costar.

Huffman is beloved, but American Crime had its worst year at the Emmys yet and it was cancelled. So I don’t see her winning.

Coon could get some votes as a way to reward her after her criminal snub for The Leftovers, but she is so subdued in that role. And this category has typically gone to big names, and Coon is still pretty unknown outside of the industry.

Will win:Kidman
    Should win:Kidman
    Could win:Coon

ReplyCopy URL
    Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Lange was far and away the best. The scenes where her character is realizing she can’t use her body to manipulate men anymore were my favorite. An amazing performance! One of her best!

I don’t see much vote splitting here. People who liked Big Little Lies will go with Kidman and people who liked Feud will go with Lange. Even if Sarandon and Witherspoon take away some of their votes, I really don’t see Coon or Huffman getting that many to affect the outcome. I wouldn’t have nominated them anyway especially when Oprah Winfrey should have been in here.

In the end, I predict Kidman will win. I guess it was a fine performance but I really just don’t enjoy her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

A lot of people prefer Sarandon to Lange. A poll on this forum indicated that way more people preferred Sarandon. The forum users aren’t the Emmy voters so it’s not accurate but it at least confirms that there are a decent amount of people who would vote for Sarandon over Lange. Kidman won the poll of her vs. Witherspoon by a landslide.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Kidman. I had a dream that I saw the Emmy winners but after waking up I could only remember Kidman and Baldwin, both of which I was already predicting, so it didn’t really help but now I’m quite confident in those two.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL! I’m glad that there are other people who have dreams about awards show. I used to have a reoccurring nightmare that I missed the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of people prefer Sarandon to Lange. A poll on this forum indicated that way more people preferred Sarandon. The forum users aren’t the Emmy voters so it’s not accurate but it at least confirms that there are a decent amount of people who would vote for Sarandon over Lange. Kidman won the poll of her vs. Witherspoon by a landslide.

Wow! Really? Did they watch the same show, lol? Well, I guess Lange is definitely losing to Kidman then. This is looking more and more like one of the locks of the night.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL! I’m glad that there are other people who have dreams about awards show. I used to have a reoccurring nightmare that I missed the Oscars.

I literally have a panic attack every night before the Emmy, Oscar, SAG, and GG noms are announced because I’m afraid I’ll sleep through them.

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow! Really? Did they watch the same show, lol? Well, I guess Lange is definitely losing to Kidman then. This is looking more and more like one of the locks of the night.

The main criticism of Lange in that forum was that she didn’t really act like Crawford, and that Sarandon did act like Davis.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Lange did nothing but yell and be bitchy. She did a good job at yelling and being bitchy, but I personally wouldn’t even nominate her for that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure I’ve had a dream before that one, I saw like 20 winners, I wish I could remember what they were cuz I’d totally follow what my dreams told me.

ReplyCopy URL
    distain
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked Lange, and she was very, very good. Yes, she was a bit broad and camp, but especially after Dunaway in Mommie Dearest, that’s sort of what people expect in Crawford. But Feud was very clearly rigged by Ryan Murphy to highlight/showcase Lange’s character and performance. More scenes, more intimate scenes, more scenes of her having breakdowns etc.

Despite Sarandon recieving less “actorly” scenes of a sympathetic nature than Lange, she still gave a remarkably controlled and skiled performance. Completely believable as Bette Davis without falling into the trap of mere mimicry. Sarandon gave the better performance of the pair, imho.

I think Kidman is winning this particular race though, and deservedly so.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Are there episode submissions for the lead categories for limited series/movie?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

No

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

No. Only in supporting

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.