( +7 hidden )
March 24, 2020 at 11:36 am #1203392844
Keep the discussion going here.March 25, 2020 at 6:33 am #1203393620
Limited Series : Mrs. America
Lead Actor: Mark Ruffalo – I Know This Much Is True
Lead Actress: Cate Blanchett – Mrs. America
Supporting Actor: John Slattery – Mrs. America
Supporting Actress: Rose Byrne – Mrs. America
Writing: Mrs. America
Casting: Mrs. America (or The Undoing)
FYC BAFTA TV : Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years, His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson
FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Ruth Wilson, Helena Bonham Carter, The CrownMarch 25, 2020 at 10:19 am #1203393883
What a great surprise to see J. K. Simmons!March 25, 2020 at 3:04 pm #1203394334
Limited Series: Hollywood (alt. Mrs. America)
Lead Actor: Corenswet – Hollywood (alt. Ruffalo – IKTMIT)
Lead Actress: Blanchett – Mrs. America (alt. King – Watchmen)
Supporting Actor: Sutherland – The Undoing (alt. Parsons – Hollywood)
Supporting Actress: Collette – Unbelievable (alt. Smart – Watchmen)
Writing: Mrs. America
Casting: HollywoodMarch 25, 2020 at 11:45 pm #1203394757
Limited Actor feels oddly dull & for lack of a better term “Emmy-baity” right now. 4/6 of the GD predicted nominees all feel like they can be easily snubbed
• Crowe – programme premiered July last year with no buzz except a lacklustre Globe win; had Bombshell take up all the Alies/Fox awards oxygen since; poor reception outside of himself and will likely be his show’s only nomination (outside of maybe Make-Up)
• Paul – series revivals aren’t welcomed in the acting categories (Twin Peaks, Deadwood), even with broader support; he missed all the winter awards and Westworld & Saul would take votes away from him & the Breaking Bad universe, respectively.
• Jackman – Year after year, non-franchise TV movies have kept getting snubbed in the acting even with bigger pedigrees than Jackman (Pacino, Oprah, Cumberbatch, Hopkins etc); additionally no HBO April movie has gotten an acting nom since Washington in 2016. even Deadwood (with a prime May slot, critically raves and craft support) still missed out in the acting categories.
• Grant – Undoing needs to be an all or nothing contender or he make it. Only Kidman (& Sutherland due to his empty category) can survive without a corresponding series nom.
My current predicted six are as follow:
* Irons is the only male lead in the current predicted 5 (and the current #1), he’s got three episodes that essentially one man shows. He’s in.
* Ruffalo is a beloved character actor, now a movie star and dual role. Actors eat this sh!t up.
* Corenswet — calling it now, he is a potential upset for the win. These past three years have all skewed younger standouts (Ahmed, Criss & Jerome) that weren’t household names, he is the exact if the early tea is right.
* Pope seems like a supporting role from early reactions but the entire category outside of Irons & Ruffalo is a shoulder shrug and he’s got two Murphy benefits on his side, the aforementioned rule of 6 & supporting nominated in lead against the eventual winner (Lange & Paulson, Vance & Gooding, Jr.).
* Elba has ever missed for playing Luther, it’s a recognised role / easy name check and have the benefit of covid-19 sympathy.
* Scott has potential for a Fleabag makeup nom here, he’s also has a banner year in TV with Modern Love & Dark Materials (plus an Oliver nomination); Black Mirror got acting nominations for its last regular season & is one of the few things that are heavily watched.
* Chris Evans & Andre Holland as Apple’s only player here & Netflix+Chazelle, respectively.March 26, 2020 at 3:51 am #1203394842
Limited Series: Watchmen
Actor: Mark Ruffalo (I Know This Much Is True)
Actress: Regina King (Watchmen)
Supporting Actor: Donald Sutherland (The Undoing)
Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo (I Know This Much Is True)
Directing: WatchmenMarch 26, 2020 at 11:08 am #1203395362
The undoing just moved to ‘the fall’ according to its new teasersMarch 26, 2020 at 11:29 am #1203395420
Is Don Johnson gonna make it with how weak Supporting Actor is?
Best Limited Series:
The Eddy (Netflix)
I Know This Much Is True (HBO)
Mrs. America (FX)
Bad Education (HBO)
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Netflix)
Transparent Musicale Finale (Amazon)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix)
Actor in a Leading Role:
David Corenswet – Hollywood
Russell Crowe – The Loudest Voice
Andre Holland – The Eddy
Jeremy Irons – Watchmen
Jeremy Pope – Hollywood
Mark Ruffalo – I Know This Much Is True
Actress in a Leading Role:
Cate Blanchett – Mrs. America
Kaitlyn Dever – Unbelievable
Regina King – Watchmen
Kerry Washington – Little Fires Everywhere
Merritt Wever – Unbelievable
Reese Witherspoon – Little Fires Everywhere
Actor in a Supporting Role:
Don Johnson – Watchmen
Joe Mantello – Hollywood
Tim Blake Nelson – Watchmen
Jim Parsons – Hollywood
Tahar Rahim – The Eddy
John Slattery – Mrs. America
Actress in a Supporting Role:
Rose Byrne – Mrs. America
Toni Collette – Unbelievable
Joanna Kulig – The Eddy
Margo Martindale – Mrs. America
Jean Smart – Watchmen
Holland Taylor – HollywoodMarch 26, 2020 at 11:35 am #1203395427
Kaitlyn Dever probably makes it, no? Maybe Zoe Kazan could sneak in if she’s as good as she’s supposed to be towards the end of The Plot Against America.March 26, 2020 at 11:36 am #1203395432
With Fargo and The Undoing out, it looks like Jeremy Irons is really going to get Lead Actor.March 26, 2020 at 11:39 am #1203395438
This line up
now seems like a done deal.March 26, 2020 at 11:39 am #1203395441
What?! Why?! Ughhh, I was really looking forward to The Undoing.March 26, 2020 at 11:40 am #1203395443
Lead Actor and especially Supporting Actor are now wide open. Ruffalo probably easily takes lead, that role is too baity and the show itself looks good. My guess for supporting is Turturro or Slattery, depending on if Slattery has a big role in Mrs. America. I really wish Fargo was premiering in time, this race looked so much more fun a couple months ago. Now it’s not even that crowded.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.