Home Forums Television Limited and Movie Predictions (Part 6)

Limited and Movie Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 499 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
498
( +2 hidden )
replies
36742
views
66
users
wolfali
93
Luca Giliberti
31
GregSprinkles
24
  • Profile picture
    puck05
    Joined:
    Sep 21st, 2019
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203572212

    I haven’t seen any campaign for El Camino let alone for Aaron Paul. The actors who are campaigning the most are Chris Evans and Paul Mescal. I’ve also observed for Mark Ruffalo, Russel Crowe and Andre Holland but not as much as the former two. I don’t recall any for Jeremy Irons but out of all contenders his show is the only lock.

    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Joined:
    Sep 4th, 2018
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203572266

    I haven’t seen any campaign for El Camino let alone for Aaron Paul. The actors who are campaigning the most are Chris Evans and Paul Mescal. I’ve also observed for Mark Ruffalo, Russel Crowe and Andre Holland but not as much as the former two. I don’t recall any for Jeremy Irons but out of all contenders his show is the only lock.

    I guess you mean out of the shows in this category because Mrs. America and Unbelievable are locks!

    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

    FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

    Profile picture
    puck05
    Joined:
    Sep 21st, 2019
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203572309

    I guess you mean out of the shows in this category because Mrs. America and Unbelievable are locks!

    Yes I meant that.

    Profile picture
    Seven
    Joined:
    Dec 21st, 2016
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203572512

    There’s just really. nothing better

    Yup, Watchmen needs to sweep

    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Joined:
    Apr 24th, 2016
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203572774

    I was just thinking, and I find it interesting how there’s recently been a lot of talk surrounding whether Watchmen gets Mateen, Gossett, or Adepo nominated in addition to Nelson, but seemingly everybody has ruled out Hong Chau despite her performance having more hype and acclaim than all of them.

    I realize that her category is much more crowded (almost entirely thanks to Mrs. America), but I wonder if we might possibly be underestimating her, as she was excellent, and after King, Irons, Smart, and Nelson, I’d say Chau was the most prominent character, despite a low episode count.

    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Joined:
    Oct 11th, 2010
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203572788

    We are also rightly not considering Cherry Jones.

    Profile picture
    mafro987
    Joined:
    Jan 23rd, 2014
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203572796

    I still think Chau can get in, and she deserves to. It requires a few things happening, but none of them are completely out of the question (the industry finally acknowledging her impressive TV work after being recognised for Downsizing, Watchmen overperforming with actors, and Mrs America’s muted buzz translating into less industry support than most expect).

    For Your Consideration:

    Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Joined:
    May 3rd, 2015
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203572826

    I also think Chau benefits from being on the first half on the ballot whilst also being sandwiched being Byrne & Collette.

    If a voters picking Watchmen in other categories and see’s Chau right there between two frontrunners I think it’s gonna be hard to resist slotting her in especially with unlimited voting.

    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Joined:
    May 3rd, 2015
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203572835

    I realize that her category is much more crowded (almost entirely thanks to Mrs. America), but I wonder if we might possibly be underestimating her, as she was excellent, and after King, Irons, Smart, and Nelson, I’d say Chau was the most prominent character, despite a low episode count

    There was also a point when Watchmen was still competing in Drama where Chau looked like she could’ve been a front-runner to win Guest Actress. She has the material and should be able to transfer over easily.

    A reverse Jessica Lange in Apocalypse tea.

    Profile picture
    GregSprinkles
    Joined:
    Apr 24th, 2016
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203572844

    There was also a point when Watchmen was still competing in Drama where Chau looked like she could’ve been a front-runner to win Guest Actress. She has the material and should be able to transfer over easily. A reverse Jessica Lange in Apocalypse tea.

    I remember. Adepo and Johnson also got screwed over as well since they could’ve made it into guest.

    Mentioning Johnson, I’m glad they didn’t submit him. Given what we learn about his character, can you imagine what the reaction would be if he made it in over three black men?

    Profile picture
    Jesse
    Joined:
    Dec 5th, 2013
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203574885

    I stan the whole supporting Mrs America Cast, yet would be so so happy if Hong Chau got nominated. She was probably my second favourite performance on the show and has been on a roll of great, underrated performances in under the radar projects.
    Her career just genuinely excites me

    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Joined:
    Sep 4th, 2018
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203574907

    Final Frontrunner Predictions (Before the Nominations)

    SERIES (Watchmn 95% chance, Mrs. America 5% chance)

    ACTOR (Crowe 40% chance, Mescal 40% chance, Jackman 15% chance, Irons 5% chance)

    ACTRESS (Blanchett 70% chance, King 25% chance, Haas 5% chance)

    SUPPORTING ACTOR (Slattery 20% chance, Blake Nelson 30% chance, Parsons 20% chance, Gossett Jr. 20% chance, Mateen 10% chance)

    SUPPORTING ACTRESS (Smart 80% chance, Paulson 10% chance, Byrne 10% chance)

    WRITING (Watchmen 100% chance)

    DIRECTING (Watchmen 70% chance, Mrs. America 10% chance, Normal People 20% chance)

    CASTING (Mrs. America 80% chance, Watchmen 20% chance)

    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

    FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Joined:
    Sep 4th, 2018
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203575159

    After much consideration I have taken out Joe Mantello and replaced him with Jovan Adepo. It really feels like the Limited Series categories are going to end up being Watchmen vs Mrs. America (although Little Fires Everywhere, Unbelievable, Normal People and Unorthodox do have outsider chances at surprising on nominations day). In fact I wonder if Slattery might end up winning Supporting Actor as the sole Mrs. America nominee there in the same way I have Smart winning Supporting Actress as the sole Watchmen nominee.

    I have no idea what to do with Toni Colette. I really feel Riley’s ultimatum with Alison Janney in this category as I don’t see how if I think Aduba, Byrne, Paulson and Ullman aren’t missing how Martindale misses too. A while back Colette seemed like a lock here.

    My current predictions are as follows :

    Limited Series

    1. Watchmen
    2. Mrs. America
    3. Little Fires Everywhere
    4. Unbelievable
    5. Unorthodox
    6. Defending Jacob
    7. Normal People
    8. The Loudest Voice
    9. Hollywood
    10. The Plot Against America

    TV Movie

    1. Bad Education
    2. El Camino
    3. American Son
    4. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    5. Troop Zero
    6. The Clark Sisters
    7. Transparent Musicale Finale
    8. Patsy and Loretta
    9. A Christmas Carol
    10. Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings

    Actress

    1. Cate Blanchett
    2. Regina King
    3. Reese Witherspoon
    4. Merritt Wever
    5. Kerry Washington
    6. Shira Haas
    7. Daisy Edgar-Jones
    8. Kaitlyn Dever
    9. Michelle Dockery
    10. Zoe Kazan

    Actor

    1. Russell Crowe
    2. Hugh Jackman
    3. Jeremy Irons
    4. Paul Mescal
    5. Mark Ruffalo
    6. Chris Evans
    7. Andre Holland
    8. Jeremy Pope
    9. Aaron Paul
    10. Matthew MacFadyen

    Supporting Actress

    1. Jean Smart
    2. Sarah Paulson
    3. Rose Byrne
    4. Uzo Aduba
    5. Tracey Ullman
    6. Toni Colette
    7. Margo Martindale
    8. Alison Janney
    9. Hong Chau
    10. Patti LuPone

    Supporting Actor

    1. Tim Blake Nelson
    2. John Slattery
    3. Yayha Abdul-Mateen II
    4. Jim Parsons
    5. Louis Gossett Jr.
    6. Joven Adepo
    7. Joe Mantello
    8. Joshua Jackson
    9. Titus Burgess
    10. Ray Romano

    Writing

    1. Damon Lindelof & Cord Jefferson, Watchmen (“This Extraordinary Being”)
    2. Susannah Grant and Michael Chabon & Ayelet Waldman, Unbelievable (“Episode 1”)
    3. Anna Winger, Unorthodox (“Part 1”)
    4. Sally Rooney and Alice Birch, Normal People (“Episode 3”)
    5. Tanya Barfield, Mrs. America (“Shirley”)
    6. Dahvi Waller, Mrs. America (“Houston”)
    7. Laura Eason & Alex Metcalf, The Loudest Voice (“2012”)
    8. Boo Killebrew, Mrs. America (“Betty”)
    9. Tom McCarthy & Gabriel Sherman, The Loudest Voice (“1995”)
    10. Micah Schraft and April Shih, Mrs. America (“Phyllis and Fred and Brenda and Marc”)

    Directing

    1. Nicole Kassell, It’s Summer And We’re Running Out Of Ice (“Watchmen”)
    2. Stephen Williams, This Extraordinary Being (“Watchmen”)
    3. Frederick E.O. Toye, See How They Fly (“Watchmen”)
    4. Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, Mrs. America (“Reagan”)
    5. Lynn Shelton, Little Fires Everywhere (“Find a Way”)
    6. Amma Asante, Mrs. America (“Shirley”)
    7. Steph Green, Little Fear of Lightning (“Watchmen”)
    8. Lenny Abrahamson, Normal People (“Episode 5”)
    9. Maria Schrader, Unorthodox
    10. Laure de Clermont-Tonnerre, Mrs. America (“Phyllis and Brenda and Fred and Marc”)

    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

    FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

    Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Joined:
    Jun 3rd, 2015
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203577459

    TV Movie

    1. Bad Education
    2. El Camino
    3. American Son
    4. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    5. Troop Zero
    6. The Clark Sisters
    7. Transparent Musicale Finale
    8. Patsy and Loretta
    9. A Christmas Carol
    10. Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings

    Togo is easily in top 4.

    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Joined:
    Sep 4th, 2018
    Topics:
    Posts:
    #1203577556

    I wonder if we might be underestimating the political climate we’re in right now helping Unbelievable at the Emmys this year. After all Merritt Wever and Toni Colette do play cops who investigate and are against police corruption and negligence.

    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

    FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Limited and Movie Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.

Similar Topics
Piper H... - Aug 8, 2020
Television
Chris B... - Aug 7, 2020
Television
Gabriel... - Aug 6, 2020
Television