Home Forums Television LIMITED & MOVIE 2020

LIMITED & MOVIE 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
forwardswill
  • Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:
    Heptapod
    Topics:
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Updated Predictions:

Outstanding Limited Series:
    1. Watchmen
    2. Unbelievable
    3. Mrs America
    4. The Undoing
    5. Fargo
    6. Hollywood
    7. Little Fires Everywhere
    8. The Plot Against America
    9. Years and Years
    10. I Know this Much is True

TV Movie:
    1. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    2. El Camino
    3. Bad Education
    4. Transparent: Musical Finale
    5. American Son
    6. Patsy and Loretta
    7. Togo
    8. A Christmas Carol
    9. Noelle
    10. Troop Zero

Lead Actress in a Limited Series/Movie:
    1. Cate Blanchett, Mrs America
    2. Regina King, Watchmen
    3. Merritt Wever, Unbelievable
    4. Nicole Kidman, The Undoing
    5. Kaitlyn Dever, Unbelievable
    6. Reese Witherspoon, Little Fires Everywhere
    7. Cynthia Erivo, Genius: Aretha
    8. Helen Mirren, Catherine the Great
    9. Octavia Spencer, Self Made
    10. Kerry Washington, Little Fires Everywhere

Lead Actor in a Limited Series/Movie:
    1. Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much is True
    2. Russell Crowe, The Loudest Voice
    3. Chris Rock, Fargo
    4. Hugh Grant, The Undoing
    5. Hugh Jackman, Bad Education
    6. Aaron Paul, El Camino
    7. Jeremy Irons, Watchmen
    8. Idris Elba, Luther
    9. Andre Holland, The Eddy
    10. Chris Evans, Defending Jacob

Supporting Actress in a Limited/ Movie:
    1. Toni Collette, Unbelievable
    2. Jean Smart, Watchmen
    3. Jessie Buckley, Fargo
    4. Rose Byrne, Mrs America
    5. Sarah Paulson, Mrs America
    6. Margo Martindale, Mrs America
    7. Emma Thompson, Years and Years
    8. Patti LuPone, Hollywood
    9. Allison Janney, Bad Education
    10. Winona Ryder, The Plot Against America

Supporting Actor in a Limited/Movie:
    1. Jim Parsons, Hollywood
    2. Donald Sutherland, The Undoing
    3. Ben Whishaw, Fargo
    4. John Turturro, The Plot Against America
    5. Joe Mantello, Hollywood
    6. Darren Criss, Hollywood
    7. John Slattery, Mrs America
    8. Tituss Burgess, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    9. Tim Blake Nelson, Watchmen
    10. Courtney B Vance, Genius: Aretha

FYC Emmys-
    Limited- Quiz/ Unbelievable/ Years and Years

Drama-Big Little Lies/ The Crown/ Killing Eve/ The Morning Show
    Jennifer, Jodie, Sandra, Olivia & VIOLA DAVIS

Comedy- Schitts Creek/ Dead to Me- Christina Applegate, Catherine O’Hara, Suzy Nakamura, Annie Murphy, Dan Levy

Profile picture
    Julian14
    Topics:

Could the third day become a contender? The trailer looked very good

I know it flopped at the guilds but if there are so many shows airing around April/May and voters don’t have enough time to watch everything, could we see Years and Years get in for Series, Writing and Supporting Actress for Thompson? After all, having something that has Emmy nominee Russell T Davies and Academy Award and Emmy Award winner Emma Thompson in its campaign might get some support.

I have Thompson in my top 10 for Supporting Actress at the moment (this probably will change) and I don’t have Years and Years in any top 10 anywhere else.

Also I have a feeling that if Mrs America dominates, it could get 3-5 of the Supporting Actress slots. After all voters check off as many submissions as they want.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Years and Years is not happening, and never was going to happen, I fear – especially not in series.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

This is what I’m thinking but there is a significant block of British bias in the Academy that we’ve seen time and time again. Especially in the Limited Series category. Luther, A Very English Scandal, Patrick Melrose, Sherlock and Downton Abbey are examples of this.

I’m not saying it will happen but with Years and Years being very much a show with dystopian politics as a theme and eligible during an election year, might that not give it momentum. I don’t have that in my predictions at the moment as I think it will be overshadowed by The Plot Against America but we just have to wait and see.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I know it flopped at the guilds but if there are so many shows airing around April/May and voters don’t have enough time to watch everything, could we see Years and Years get in for Series, Writing and Supporting Actress for Thompson? After all, having something that has Emmy nominee Russell T Davies and Academy Award and Emmy Award winner Emma Thompson in its campaign might get some support. I have Thompson in my top 10 for Supporting Actress at the moment (this probably will change) and I don’t have Years and Years in any top 10 anywhere else. Also I have a feeling that if Mrs America dominates, it could get 3-5 of the Supporting Actress slots. After all voters check off as many submissions as they want.

Years and Years is so far the best show I’ve seen this season but its best shot is a writing nomination and I’m not even sure about that.

Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Years and Years is so far the best show I’ve seen this season but its best shot is a writing nomination and I’m not even sure about that.

It was a marvelous miniserie, the first episodes is so good.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

The only thing if anything that can revive Years and Years is a good showing at the BAFTAs and The Undoing and I Know This Much is True flopping. That could make it HBO’s second push in the Limited categories. Even though it still wouldn’t get into series but it could be enough for Thompson to get into the competitive but divided Supporting Actress field and maybe a writing nod. This is essentially a dream land though because BAFTA is inevitably going to screw the show over anyway.

Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

They would still have The Third Day, which not only has a better timeslot, but is even trying to corner the same market as Years and Years in the sense that it is another British co-production with a British cast and crew, this one headed by Dennis Kelly, who won the International Emmy for Utopia with director Marc Munden. HBO’s trailer for The Third Day was interesting because if you have read the press release, you know that that trailer only has two shots from the second half of the miniseries, which is less marketable. Sky’s trailer has a mixture. Loving the Midsommar vibes, but they are keeping me from betting on the show at the Emmys. Then again, if anyone could handle this kind of premise and tone, it would be the guys who made Utopia. It was also a Sky co-production co-starring Emily Watson that debuted in May that swept last year. I was the first one to call that and there is still time to be the first one to call this.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

They would still have The Third Day, which not only has a better timeslot, but is even trying to corner the same market as Years and Years in the sense that it is another British co-production with a British cast and crew, this one headed by Dennis Kelly, who won the International Emmy for Utopia with director Marc Munden. HBO’s trailer for The Third Day was interesting because if you have read the press release, you know that that trailer only has two shots from the second half of the miniseries, which is less marketable. Sky’s trailer has a mixture. Loving the Midsommar vibes, but they are keeping me from betting on the show at the Emmys. Then again, if anyone could handle this kind of premise and tone, it would be the guys who made Utopia. It was also a Sky co-production co-starring Emily Watson that debuted in May that swept last year. I was the first one to call that and there is still time to be the first one to call this.

Lol of course HBO have another bloody show in contention. I should have known. Poor Years and Years.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

It was also a Sky co-production co-starring Emily Watson that debuted in May that swept last year. I was the first one to call that and there is still time to be the first one to call this.

I assume you’re referring to Chernobyl?

Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

No, I was referring to the other Sky co-production with Emily Watson that debuted in May and swept last year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘LIMITED & MOVIE 2020’ is closed to new replies.