Home Forums Television Main Titles 2020

Main Titles 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Reis
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

What looks likely for Main Title Design. Does Killing Eve stand a chance at a nom? I can’t think what else is elegible other than The Morning Show

6th Place WGA 2021
    12th Place VES 2021
    61st Place BAFTA nominations 2021

Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

Westworld mustn’t lose again. It should have won BOTH previous times

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

Re: Main Title Design – maybe His Dark Materials? Personally I found them to be a bit derivative but they are certainly within the vein that that category tends to favor. Also the Witcher – similar concept but clearly less expensive, detailed.

I do wonder if Westworld can get in for a third time – their new titles are extremely impressive and, I feel, sufficiently unique from the previous iterations to warrant consideration.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Westworld and His Dark Materials. Both would be deserving but I’m rooting for the latter.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Mrs. America

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Westworld and His Dark Materials. Both would be deserving but I’m rooting for the latter.

His Dark Materials for title music too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What looks likely for Main Title Design. Does Killing Eve stand a chance at a nom? I can’t think what else is elegible other than The Morning Show

Maybe. I think Killing Eve is an interesting situation. Due to it’s poor reception it could get shut out and only get a below the line nom at most or due to the fact it’s airing at the right time for voters and the backlash doesn’t seem to be that heavily affecting it’s buzz, it can get Jodie and Sandra in and a Writing nom.

Whatever happens it’s not getting Series, Directing or Supporting Actress.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Little Fires Everywhere should be winning main titles in a cakewalk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

This exist.

Little Fires Everywhere is very similar to The Good Fight opening. But sometimes opening titles categories is very crazy. Game of Thrones didn’t winning main title music is probably one of the most absurds in emmy history. Westworld, The Crown, Feud and American Gods losing design to Stranger Things too.

But in the same time, Succession winning music last year was terrific.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mukund
    Topics:

Game of Thrones being snubbed for Main Title Theme Music was an extremely big oversight on the academy’s part, considering its quality and impact. I would be lying if I said The Borgias didn’t make a good winner though.

As for Little Fires Everywhere, I think it’d make a better Theme Music winner (which it deserves to from what I’ve seen) than a Title Design one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Alienware
    Topics:

Mrs. America has a killer opening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I created this new thread and branched all of the above posts from the drama thread into here.

1. Mrs. America
    2. Westworld
    3. See
    4. His Dark Materials
    5. Carnival Row
    6. Little Fires Everywhere
    7. The Politician
    8. Hunters
    9. Picard
    10. The Morning Show

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Mrs. America, Westworld, Little Fires, The Politician and The Morning Shows all have such great main titles!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Totally forgot about The Politician theme, it is very good. Didn’t watched See and Carnival Row.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I really did not liked TMS main title. I mean, what’s the point of all those balls? It’s so simple and it may make sense in someway, but it’s really hard to discover – I thought the big ball was Mitch and the little ones were the women he harassed, as some kind of metaphor, but then they turn out into something different and start to make 0 sense. Another problem is why those balls in the end didn’t become the “O” in the word “mOrning”?

I don’t think is going to be nominated, but it may just be my opinion.

And 100% agree with the comparasion between LFE and The Good Fight titles. It’s very, very similar.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.