Home Forums Television No Veep in 2018!!!

No Veep in 2018!!!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Eden
wilfredpickles
eastwest
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

People need to stop saying that Atlanta is going to miss eligibility.

No announcement made about them filming again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Brian Tyree Henry said back in May that they were scheduled to shoot in September. In their profile of Donald Glover last month, The Hollywood Reporter also reported that production was scheduled for September. Even if Star Wars is running over and they do not start until October or something, it is not going to take that long to make ten half-hour episodes.

I keep bringing up Fargo because it is also FX. They still made eligibility this year, despite filming twice as much content and only starting in January. With that in mind, it is not even outside the realm of possibility that we could not hear about the show until February and it could still air in time.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Interesting. This is their version of pulling an Oprah that so many of y’all wanted to happen. Like I said yesterday she in the showed had their Frasier moment and it was ugly. I think the season will be strong enough to maintain its status when it’s eligible again. Who will benefit from the queen’s absence?

What Fraiser moment, if you don’t mind my asking?

I either heard it on a slugfest or read an interview w/Steven Levitan that on their final series win there was an audible groan from the audience.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Thanks for the info. But with Better Call Saul do we know for sure Season 4 won’t air until September?

From what we heard last night, AMC plans to air new episodes next September. Anything could change for any of these shows.

Also, someone important told us Kimmy Schmidt doesn’t even go into production until next February (they usually start in October). They are almost 100% certain it wouldn’t debut until the next cycle.

ReplyCopy URL
    insomniac26
    Participant
    Topics:

Brian Tyree Henry said back in May that they were scheduled to shoot in September. In their profile of Donald Glover last month, The Hollywood Reporter also reported that production was scheduled for September. Even if Star Wars is running over and they do not start until October or something, it is not going to take that long to make ten half-hour episodes.

Not that this is iron clad or anything, but SpoilerTV has Atlanta production going from 9/21 through 12/6, which should pencil it in for a spring premiere.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow a potential overturn in the comedy categories! Though it’ll just be extra love for Atlanta, CYE, Silicon Valley, and SNL. Wouldn’t be surprised if Aidy Bryant (her Sarah Sanders is ripe to become iconic) and Cicely Strong join Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon.

ReplyCopy URL
    wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

it is not even outside the realm of possibility that we could not hear about the show until February and it could still air in time.

Exactly. A similar thing happened with Master of None this year where Netflix announced its official release date relatively late in the season. I expect Atlanta to return around a similar time (allowing for differences in FX’s weekly episodes compared to the Netflix strategy), with a comparable gap of just under 18 months between seasons.

However, as much as I don’t care for Veep I’d actually be disappointed if it didn’t meet the cutoff next year. I don’t want something like Atlanta, which would’ve been a worthy winner this year, to have a potential victory dismissed by some people as defaulting due to a lack of competition.

Somewhat similarly, The Handmaid’s Tale sweeping instead of the Emmys sharing the wealth has me really interested to see how it does against GoT in both nominations and wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, someone important told us Kimmy Schmidt doesn’t even go into production until next February (they usually start in October). They are almost 100% certain it wouldn’t debut until the next cycle.

OMG so we are potentially looking at Master of None, UKS, and Veep missing the deadline? If all of these happen Modern Family is probably more than safe AND Transparent can make their comeback.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Wouldn’t it be cool if Difficult People could get a nomination somewhere with no Master of None and UKS for sure, and maybe no Veep either? I’d love to see that happen.

I would die with Happiness … But alas i think its too obscure and has a very small base of fans

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    k
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BLuiW-6FBw

Brian Tyree Henry confirming filming begins this week

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.