Home Forums Television Obvious to Me, Longshot to Everyone Else (2021 Emmys edition)

Obvious to Me, Longshot to Everyone Else (2021 Emmys edition)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Sir Shaw
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Since the predictions centre is now open, what do think is a prediction(s), that is obvious to yourself but a longshot to everyone else?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well we’re still at an early stage and a few of my predictions are NGNG but I’ll give my two cents about what I feel has better/worse chances than the predictions centre suggests:

– Lovecraft Country is not top 5 and I don’t see it getting 5 acting nominations.

– Ann Dowd and Yvonne Strahovski (as much as I stan their work) are not ahead of Alexis Bledel and Samira Wiley.

– Bryan Cranston and Jeff Daniels are nowhere near getting nominated or at least aren’t top 6. Both their shows more or less flopped at the winter awards. Olly Alexander, Ewan McGregor and even Tahar Rahim are all ahead of both of them.  Likewise Holly Hunter is not getting nominated for The Comey Rule.

– Fargo is not getting nominated for anything above the line.

– Letitia Wright is not getting nominated.

– At least one (if not both) of Weurche Opia and Paapa Essiedu are getting nominated. Same with Moses Ingram and Thomas Brodie-Sangster.

– Only Zendaya stands a chance at a nomination for the Euphoria Specials.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Phoebe Dynevor is not happening

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Paul Bettany is winning Actor/Limited.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Paul Bettany is winning Actor/Limited.

Interested to see what makes you say this. Is it because of his individual buzz right now for not only this but for Uncle Frank too?

I personally think that he (and to an extent Olly Alexander) could end up getting in and bumping out one or both of Grant and Hawke but I don’t see either winning. I think the winner will be someone unseen like McGregor.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Small Axe will end up like a combination of Twin Peaks (only Directing & Writing, misses Series’) and A Very English Scandal (winning for a buzzed supporting role)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oh also Nicole Kidman is not getting nominated. She’ll be the (if not one of the) annual SAG nominated limited series performer for an Autumn/Winter show who misses the nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Interested to see what makes you say this. Is it because of his individual buzz right now for not only this but for Uncle Frank too? I personally think that he (and to an extent Olly Alexander) could end up getting in and bumping out one or both of Grant and Hawke but I don’t see either winning. I think the winner will be someone unseen like McGregor.

I think the Disney + star power/campaign will be irresistible.

I’m also looking at the lack of competition in that field. In the past 10 years, only Cumberbatch and Ruffalo were able to win without their shows getting a Limites Series nomination.

Hawke’s show is too overlooked IMO, and I’m not buying The Undoing, but I have Hugh Grant.

Of course, I have the Hamilton boys because they’re available at the predictions center, and I doubt the Academy won’t nominate a single POC in this category.

I’m going to wait for Simply Halston to be released so I can look more into Ewan McGregor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah that category is interesting. I don’t buy Hawke or Grant winning. Tahar Rahim is excellent in <i>The Serpent </i>but that character is so unlikable with no redeemable qualities. If the show does well on Netflix in American and he gets nominated that will be his reward.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Small Axe will end up like a combination of Twin Peaks (only Directing & Writing, misses Series’) and A Very English Scandal (winning for a buzzed supporting role)

AVES would actually satisfy both of those scenarios alone too. I agree with you btw.

Mine would be Heller getting snubbed and TUR being the nomination leader.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

AVES would actually satisfy both of those scenarios alone too. I agree with you btw.

Meant that’s performance would be similar to both. But yeah AVES would accomplish both.

1) Twin Peaks – a critically acclaimed auteur project from the previous calendar year, that gets adopted by film critics as one of their “best of” but only gets Directing/Writing for the auteur and misses series to buzzer projects.

2) AVES – an Amazon/BBC co-production from thee previous calendar, that wins for a buzzed supporting turn (Boyega/Whishaw) & gets Writing/Directing  but misses Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Funny how Boyega and Whishaw give “buzzed supporting turns” when neither were actually supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Rampant category fraud, wbk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

WandaVision will get category frauded into Comedy, plunging all of our predictions into chaos.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

WandaVision will get category frauded into Comedy, plunging all of our predictions into chaos.

Here for the impending Mark Cendrowski meltdowns when the pilots gets the multi-cam directing slot.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.