Home Forums Television Obvious to Me, Longshot to Everyone Else (2021 Emmys edition)

Obvious to Me, Longshot to Everyone Else (2021 Emmys edition)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Heptapod
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

WandaVision will not get into any major Emmy categories, no matter which category it competes in (Limited Series, Drama or Comedy). Awards groups like the Emmys have snob appeal. They aren’t going to go for that Marvel show. I’m sure it will get plenty of tech noms.

They nominated Star Wars in a competitive series field last year and the drama actress winner was from a teen drama…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

WandaVision will not get into any major Emmy categories, no matter which category it competes in (Limited Series, Drama or Comedy). Awards groups like the Emmys have snob appeal. They aren’t going to go for that Marvel show. I’m sure it will get plenty of tech noms.

They nominated The Mandalorian.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

They nominated The Mandalorian.

Star Wars always had more prestige than Marvel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I am not so sure… Only A New Hope was nominated in the Oscars for Film, Directing and Screenplay (in addition to winning in 7 more categories). All the other films in the franchise only received nominations in the technical categories. And I don’t remember anyone here having predicted The Mandalorian Season 1.

And Marvel already has a good precedent in the awards with Black Panther: 3 Oscars and also a nomination for Best Film. I could be wrong? Of course. But at the moment, I still think that underestimating WandaVision can be a huge mistake (to be nominated, of course; The Queen’s Gambit must win everything).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Star Wars always had more prestige than Marvel.

Marvel’s had two films (Logan and Black Panther) get above the line Oscar nominations in the past 4 years.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Marvel’s had two films (Logan and Black Panther) get above the line Oscar nominations in the past 4 years.

Logan wasn’t Disney Marvel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Logan wasn’t Disney Marvel.

But it was one of the most popular Marvel characters and coming off arguably the worst received film in the franchise (at that point).

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I feel like Guy Pearce stands a very good shot of being nominated in the S. actor field but no one else feels the same lol.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Thompson’s and Danson’s no1curr NBC sitcoms aren’t being nominated.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

But it was one of the most popular Marvel characters and coming off arguably the worst received film in the franchise (at that point).

Both X-Men: The Last Stand and especially X-Men Origins: Wolverine had worse reception than X-Men: Apocalypse.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

– Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist is probably not happening in series.

– Zabka is a lock for a comedy actor nomination (Sudeikis is still 100% winning tho).

– The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is going to end up becoming this year’s Mandalorian / Stranger Things 3 equivalent but in the limited series category.

– In Treatment might get blanked.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

– The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is going to end up becoming this year’s Mandalorian / Stranger Things 3 equivalent but in the limited series category.

Those shows got nominated with 8 slots.

– Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist is probably not happening in series. – Zabka is a lock for a comedy actor nomination (Sudeikis is still 100% winning tho).

Agree with these. I don’t understand the confidence in Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. I think it’s getting Levy in at best. Voters hardly care for network shows anymore outside This is Us and it’s not like it’s landed at any of the guilds or in series at CC or the Globes. Levy could pop up due to the weakness of her field and her rising individual buzz but she could also be another Rachel Bloom.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Nick Mohammed

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

Those shows got nominated with 8 slots.

Stranger Things 3 might not be the best comparison but I do legitimately wonder if Mandalorian was in the top 5.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Stranger Things 3 might not be the best comparison but I do legitimately wonder if Mandalorian was in the top 5.

Bottom three was likely Eve, THT & Stranger Things so yeah, probably top 5

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.