Home Forums Television Obvious to Me, Longshot to Everyone Else (2021 Emmys edition)

Obvious to Me, Longshot to Everyone Else (2021 Emmys edition)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
17 hours ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Sir Shaw
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

black-ish is not getting nominated for series again.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Bette Midler

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I think Paapa Essiedu is being vastly underestimated. Not once while I was watching IMDY did he feel like the weak link of the trio, and his performance in the episode with the Grindr “date” was win worthy imo. If the Academy goes all out for the show, which I expect they will, I can’t imagine him being left out – especially when you consider how weak the limited supporting actor category is.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

black-ish is not getting nominated for series again.

I agree. It missed Series for the first the minute it got dropped at SAG and has never gotten any real craft support (never getting writing or directing; Contemporary Costumes being less-than-competitive and having the battiest of submissions; that also applies to its Hairstyling win last year)

And this might be personal biases influencing but quality wise it’s lowkey jumped the shark in season 5. The combination of Zoey leaving but backtracking and keeping Junior around foe what I’m guessing is no necessary reason other than Barrie & Co. enjoyed with Scribner. Having seen the up to S7’s winter finale, the last few seasons have been such a chore to watch compared to Grown•ish.

Emmys FYC: Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien”, Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie”, Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live”, Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn”

“Dickinson”, “P-Valley”, “Pose” & “Superstore” in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Ben Platt

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Unless Halston flops or her roles is smaller than it has been suggested, Krysta Rodriguez is getting in.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

Uzo Aduba might be this year’s Merritt Wever.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.