Home Forums Television Obvious to Me, Longshot to Everyone Else (2021 Emmys edition)

Obvious to Me, Longshot to Everyone Else (2021 Emmys edition)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
13 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Janney is not returning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fargo is getting shut out at the main ceremony.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I think people are slightly overestimating the chances of Ted Danson (Mr. Mayor) and Kenan Thompson (Kenan).

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

Black-ish not coming back.
    Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist not connecting with Emmy voters.
    Alison Janney and Elizabeth Moss not coming back.
    Peacock getting some love.
    This is Us making a huge comeback (Series, supporting actors and Mandy Moore).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Lena Waithe being snubbed.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Underground Railroad‘s performers who have showier material later on are going to suffer nominations wise due to the harrowing subject matter and ten episode count making it difficult for voters to “binge it”. No matter how strong the show is, no matter the performer’s name recognition.

A similar thing applies to Keeley Hawes and Paapa Essiedu. Even if their shows over-perform in massive ways with the actors branch, it’s going to be a hurdle for them to get nominated due to how harrowing the subject matters of their shows are and the fact their “standout material” only comes later on in their shows. This may be less of an issue for Essiedu as voters have had a while to watch I May Destroy You and I imagine most of them have by now but Hawes will not be ahead of Lydia West in the supporting actress category. Even though she has stronger name recognition.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Maya Rudolph is closer to repeating Jane Lynch’s route last year than getting a nomination in supporting.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Still hoping she drops down to Guest, she’d probably get another win there.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Fennell and Doherty aren’t getting nominated for The Crown.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Fennell and Doherty aren’t getting nominated for The Crown.

I am starting to get that feeling too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

If Angelica Ross appears in Pose again with a meatier part (or even just one good scene), she’s win-competitive.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Zosia Mamet is first out of The Flight Attendant supporting actresses not Rosie Perez.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DylanMcPhee
    Topics:

Reese Witherspoon will be win competitive for season 2 of The Morning Show.

All she needs to do is appear on screen and they should nominate her after the disgusting snubs they dealt her last summer. But knowing Reese- she’s going to give the performance to back it up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

It’s likelier that Elizabeth Olsen gets in without Paul Bettany than the other way around.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Zosia Mamet is first out of The Flight Attendant supporting actresses not Rosie Perez.

I’ve actually come to the conclusion that none of them are going to be nominated, if Eibinder, Kathleen Turner and Naomi Ackie break in.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.