Home Forums Television Official Emmys 2020 Submission Lists

Official Emmys 2020 Submission Lists

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 305 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
forwardswill
Chris Beachum
  • Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Space Force

Lead Actor- Steve Carell
    Supporting Actress- Lisa Kudrow/Diana Silvers/ Tawny Newsome

Supporting Actor- John Malkovich, Ben Schwartz, Jimmy O Yang, Don Lake

Guest Actress- Jane Lynch, Kaitlin Olson

Guest Actor- Fred Willard, Noah Emmerich

FYC Emmys-
    Limited- Quiz/ Unbelievable/ Years and Years

Drama-Big Little Lies/ The Crown/ Killing Eve/ The Morning Show
    Jennifer, Jodie, Sandra, Olivia & VIOLA DAVIS

Comedy- Schitts Creek/ Dead to Me- Christina Applegate, Catherine O’Hara, Suzy Nakamura, Annie Murphy, Dan Levy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Netflix have added Space Force as a priority, replacing The Politician

Well, there goes the possibility of me replacing Carell with Platt.

I still might predict Light and/or Midler since they’re on the year’s most open field.

ReplyCopy URL

Poor Ben Platt

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

#blackAF is a nonstarter in series even less likely than The Kominsky Method. In addition to Dead to Me and Space Force; GLOW, Sex Education, and The Politician should have been their priorities.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    coldbreeze
    Topics:

BlackAF got literally 0 buzz….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Yeah even when I look past my own biases for The Politician I can’t actually strategically think why you’d prioritise a show with a similar critical reception but without two Golden Globe nods or Ryan Murphy’s actor track record over it. Presumably it was contractual that they’d give it a push or something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

They need to push Sex Education. With the right campaigning they could easily get a Series and Writing nom

FYC Emmys-
    Limited- Quiz/ Unbelievable/ Years and Years

Drama-Big Little Lies/ The Crown/ Killing Eve/ The Morning Show
    Jennifer, Jodie, Sandra, Olivia & VIOLA DAVIS

Comedy- Schitts Creek/ Dead to Me- Christina Applegate, Catherine O’Hara, Suzy Nakamura, Annie Murphy, Dan Levy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

LangeJoke

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

So Netflix is willing to spend for #blackAF’s  campaign yet it’s not even listed in predictions center. I also don’t get why they still haven’t renewed The Kominsky Method if they are hopeful that it’ll be nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

With all of the replacing in the top spots, we now have an “official” hierarchy of Netflix’s priorities in comedy:
    1/2/3/4: #blackAF, Dead to Me, The Kominsky Method, Space Force
    5. The Politician
    6. GLOW
    7. Living with Yourself
    8. everything else

We also know this much for limited:
    1/2/3/4: The Eddy, Hollywood, Unbelievable, Unorthodox
    5. Self Made
    6. The Spy

Seems petty that drama has held with only three of the four priority slots occupied. Poor Mindhunter. Heartstrings was a priority in movie, then it got bumped and it has not moved back up, even with Black Mirror opening up a slot. Also strange and @24Emmy has mentioned this too is that they are they not prioritizing surprise incumbent nominee Nailed It!. I will post the variety special order once Hannah Gadsby bumps Michelle Wolf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    coldbreeze
    Topics:

There must be something wrong
    I-

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pandamonium
    Topics:

Dropping prioritizing The Politician especially when #blackAF is right there is baffling. Unless Netflix really cares that this is a Fox production leftover, which just seems… petty? Platt also has that radio city concert coming out on Netflix next week in addition to the second season of The Politician apparently scheduled for next month. So odd.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

Chris, can you tell us when will be the release of the next article regarding the network or studio submission if there’s any?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Just looking on FX’s FYC site. A few things that I don’t think we knew already that it seemingly confirms:

Mrs. America is only submitting one episode for Directing (Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are listed so it’s probably “Phyllis”) and one for writing (Dahvi Waller is the only writer listed so again probably “Phyllis” but potentially “Houston” given most reviews highlighted that as the standout episode of the show)

Pose is submitting five directors (Ryan Murphy “Never Knew Love Like This Before”, Steven Canals “Revelations”, Janet Mock “In My Heels”, Tina Mabry “What Would Candy Do?” and Gwyneth Horder-Payton “Acting Up”). It submits only one episode “Never Knew Love Like This Before” by Murphy and Mock for writing. So yet another Murphy show to get it so right with writing submissions and so wrong with directing ones.

Pose also lists Patti LuPone as a Guest Actress push even though she is ineligible. Watch for that mistake to be on the ballot. They are also pushing Charlayne Woodard, who is eligible.

Better Things is cleverly submitting just one writer and one director. Both are Pamela Adlon.

American Horror Story: 1984 is submitting two directors (Bradley Buecker for “Camp Redwood” and John Gray for “Final Girl”) but only one writer and it isn’t Murphy due to the Hollywood clash. Instead it is Crystal Liu for “Final Girl”. The entire cast is going Supporting but Emma Roberts is listed first.

Baskets is submitting “Moving On” in Writing and “Baby Chip” in Directing. Both are by Jonathan Krisel.

Breeders is submitting both of its directors but just creator Simon Blackwell for writing.

Dave doesn’t understand the game as is submitting three episodes for directing and three for writing.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 305 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.