Home Forums Television Official Emmys 2020 Submission Lists

Official Emmys 2020 Submission Lists

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 416 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
forwardswill
Chris Beachum
  • Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

I wanted someone else to point that out first, not me. NBC’s doing the right thing putting their flagship show on its FYC page.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Deadline just announced/revealed Quibi’s Emmy submissions. https://deadline.com/2020/05/quibi-submitting-19-series-prime-time-emmys-director-veena-sud-explains-the-stranger-1202944539/

OUTSTANDING ACTRESS IN SHORT FORM COMEDY OR DRAMA SERIES

Anna Kendrick, Dummy

Jasmine Cephas Jones, #FreeRayshawn

Kaitlin Olson, Flipped

Kether Donohue, Royalties

Maika Monroe, The Stranger

Nicole Richie, Nikki Fre$h

Sophie Turner, Survive

OUTSTANDING ACTOR IN SHORT FORM COMEDY OR DRAMA SERIES

Christoph Waltz, Most Dangerous Game

Corey Hawkins, Survive

Dane DeHaan, The Stranger

Darren Criss, Royalties

Laurence Fishburne, #FreeRayshawn

Liam Hemsworth, Most Dangerous Game

Stephan James, #FreeRayshawn

Will Forte, Flipped

OUTSTANDING CHARACTER VOICE-OVER PERFORMANCE

Meredith Hagner, Dummy

OUTSTANDING ORIGINAL MUSIC & LYRICS

Nikki Fre$h

Royalties

OUTSTANDING SHORT FORM COMEDY OR DRAMA SERIES

50 STATES OF FRIGHT: A horror anthology featuring the scariest stories from every state in the country.
    Executive Producer Sam Raimi brings each terrifying tale to life.

DUMMY: Cody needs a friend. She meets one in Barbara. Only problem? Barbara is a sex doll with an appetite for adventure. And, well, sex.

#FREERAYSHAWN: Rayshawn Morris finds himself in an all-day standoff with New Orleans police.
    Desperate to protect his family, while proving his innocence, he turns to social media to clear his name with the help of one sympathetic cop.

KIRBY JENNER: Kirby Jenner shows us his reality as a member of the world’s most famous family.

MOST DANGEROUS GAME: A man (Liam Hemsworth) desperate and in debt. In a dystopian thriller where the hunter turns out to be the hunted. Game on.

Dummy
    Quibi
    NIKKI FRE$H: Nicole Richie spreads her message of environmental love through her new musical persona, “Nikki Fre$h,” a trap music artist who makes eco-conscious choices while dropping sick beats and performing in over the top music videos.

RENO 911!: The deputies of the Reno Sheriff’s Department are still in the line of duty. And they’re
    ready to do what it takes to keep this city safe.

SURVIVE: Jane wants to end it all. Then a plane crash almost ends it for her. Now she’s crawling from the wreckage with Paul, the only other survivor, and a new drive to stay alive.

THE STRANGER: Clare picks up her rideshare passenger, Carl E. It’s a story of boy meets girl, but in this case he relentlessly stalks and tries to murder her.

WHEN THE STREETLIGHTS GO ON: A double-homicide in a small midwestern suburb rattles the lives of a group of teenagers and sends investigators searching for answers in the fall of 1995. A meditation on growing up, the passing of time, and the insidious violence that lurks in the suburbs.

OUTSTANDING SHORT FORM NONFICTION OR REALITY SERIES

BLACKBALLED: The series highlights the five days during the 2014 NBA playoffs, when Doc Rivers, Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan and the LA Clippers led an unprecedented movement of athletes to hold racism accountable.

CUP OF JOE: Joe Jonas has toured the world as a pop star. Now he’s ready to explore it as an average Joe.
    As he journeys through eight cities worldwide, celebrity friends will help him experience them as a local.

DISHMANTLED: Take two blindfolded chef contestants. Blast a dish into their face. Then make them recreate it for celebrity judges to win a cash prize. Did we mention it’s hosted by Tituss Burgess?

GAYME SHOW: Glitter. Rainbows. Grand entrances. Matt Rogers & Dave Mizzoni host as two straight contestants compete in a series of physical, mental, and performance challenges to test their gay knowlege. Who will reign forevermore as “Queen of the Straights”?

I Promise
    Quibi
    I PROMISE: An intimate look inside the highs and lows of year one at LeBron James’ I PROMISE School,
    serving the most at-risk students and families in his hometown of Akron, Ohio.

MURDER HOUSE FLIP: An unconventional home renovation show that takes on the country’s most infamous homes: ones known for the mysterious murders within their walls. Designers Joelle and Mikel remove the stains of the past and make once morbid homes marvelous.

NIGHTGOWNS: The stage awaits. Sasha Velour and her cast members are preparing for the biggest drag showcase of their lives. Expect heart, humor, and a hell of a lot of glamour.

THANKS A MILLION: Big names. Big money. Big Giving. Celebrities kickstart a chain of kindness, each
    gifting $100,000 to an unsuspecting individual who have had a positive impact on their lives — with a catch. Watch as the “pay it forward” chain unfolds.

OUTSTANDING SHORT FORM VARIETY SERIES

PUNK’D: Punk’d is back! And no one is safe! The iconic series returns with Chance the Rapper as host
    — masterminding the biggest pranks behind the scenes. The biggest stars are about to learn what happens if their fates were up to Chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Speaking of NBC, they have added Parks and Recreation now to their campaign website, but deleted the page for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. (If you have not seen it, their spotlight episode for The Good Place is the finale.)

Is the cast of Parks and Recreation special eligible for limited series/movie categories like Jesus Christ Superstar?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

I assume so. Nice that we have the Quibi submissions already.  Not submitting Niecy Nash is a mistake!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Speaking of NBC, they have added Parks and Recreation now to their campaign website, but deleted the page for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. (If you have not seen it, their spotlight episode for The Good Place is the finale.)

Oohh I see “The Dinner and the Date” is the spotlight feature for This Is Us. I hope they submit it for Writing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Someonelikeme
    Topics:

Where you, ABC?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Can we add Michael Emerson for Evil in supporting actor in a drama series? I want to be able to nominate him for Gold Derby Awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

We are now moving Andrew Scott over to the guest category for “Black Mirror.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

I will predict him to win!  Netflix has put up a list of Black Mirror submissions: https://series.netflixawards.com/drama-series/black-mirror

They have seven in supporting, which seems almost just like a courtesy from the network to the actors without splitting the vote of Andrew Scott and Miley Cyrus.  I would like them to move Topher Grace to guest.  I would say that he has an outside shot at a nomination off of goodwill from career choices in recent years and since he is clearly supporting Scott in the same episode, he would not draw any votes away from Scott; he would only receive some of the votes that Scott gets.  I could see things complicating a bit if they entered Anthony Mackie opposite Scott for example.

Below the line, they are entering just one in some categories, but multiple in others.  They are submitting only Owen Harris in directing.  He was overdue for a nomination in my books after “San Junipero” for which they did not submit him, but then he used up all of his goodwill from me on the Kumail Nanjiani episode of The Twilight Zone.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

I will predict him to win!

Tough call between him and Bateman…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

I am already predicting Bateman in lead.

Going through the Viacom campaign website: https://www.viacbsfyc.com/

The Showtime list and this website have Numan Acar in guest for Homeland (even with a specified episode now), even though he was in half the episodes.

Beau Bridges’s episode is confirmed “Chalk One Up”.  Homeland is submitting three episodes for writing and the last two for directing.

The Loudest Voice is submitting the second episode for directing, but both the first and fifth episodes for writing.

Nora from Queens has five episodes in writing and Yellowstone has six!

The Good Fight actually is submitting Gary Cole this time.  They also have Fisher Stevens among many other guests.  They are submitting for animation and have three in cinematography.

Julianna Margulies’s episode of Billions is “Opportunity Zone”.

The Picard page lists categories in an interesting order.  They know that prosthetic makeup and visual effects are their best bets.

Stephen Colbert himself is credited on The Late Show‘s interactive submission.

The Late Late Show does not have an interactive submissions listed, but it is submitting across four program categories (talk series, variety special, short variety, short nonfiction).

The Daily Show is submitting guests like The Late Late Show.

Why Women Kill has three men in lead actor.

From the page for the Schitt’s Creek special:
    “CRITIC QUOTES/ACCOLADES”
    – Quote Source

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel P. (gabspss)
    Topics:

Why Women Kill has three men in lead actor.

I wish WWK could be the Schitt’s Creek of the year. Great show. Maybe it can get nominated for Costumes, Main Title and Hairstyling.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

From the page for the Schitt’s Creek special:
    “CRITIC QUOTES/ACCOLADES”
    – Quote Source

This had me howling. You can tell Pop are rushing to catch up with the rest of the site as Schitt’s Creek and One Day at a Time are also the only shows I could see from scanning through that didn’t have all their categories for consideration listed. Annoying really as I wanted confirmation that they were only going to submit one episode for directing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I noticed that ViacomCBS FYC site lists some actors as: “Guest Actor in a Miniseries”. Huh??? Why would they do that? Is that a new category this year or are they just confused?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

What show?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 416 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.