Home Forums Television Official Emmys 2020 Submission Lists

Official Emmys 2020 Submission Lists

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 416 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
forwardswill
Chris Beachum
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Lol at them submitting Gabriella Pizzolo.

I wonder if the fact they’ve only submitted Bateman, Garner, Linney, McTeer and Pelphrey for Ozark and the fact they have submitted people like Watkins, Lewis Jones and Doherty along with the key ensemble of The Crown shows which show has their priority?

The Crown and Ozark are stronger overall so it makes sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Crown and Ozark are stronger overall so it makes sense.

I mean whether it shows they are pushing Ozark more than The Crown.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Oh I misread.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

I mean who knows but I think it’s fair to say that the Crown and Ozark and both their top priority in the drama field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Black Mirror submitting in both supporting and guest categories is a choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Black Mirror submitting in both supporting and guest categories is a choice.

Both it and Modern Love’s submissions are a complete mess.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I completely disagree with is. I think you’re reading too much into the submissions. It’s not like they’re pushing everyone for The Crown. There’s a lot of actors they left out. Also, don’t forget The Crown has a much bigger ensemble than Ozark. So it kinda makes sense that they’re pushing more people. Not to mention, it won a SAG ensemble.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I completely disagree with is. I think you’re reading too much into the submissions. It’s not like they’re pushing everyone for The Crown. There’s a lot of actors they left out. Also, don’t forget The Crown has a much bigger ensemble than Ozark. So it kinda makes sense that they’re pushing more people. Not to mention, it won a SAG ensemble.

I wasn’t saying they are pushing Ozark more I was just hypothesising.

I do wonder how hard Netflix is pushing Lewis Jones and if he might actually surprise on nominations day.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I wasn’t saying they are pushing Ozark more I was just hypothesising. I do wonder how hard Netflix is pushing Lewis Jones and if he might actually surprise on nominations day.

I know it was just an hypothesis. I was just telling you that it makes sense for Netflix to submit more people for The Crown.

I was just thinking the same thing tbh. If The Crown really overperforms with the acting branch, I can definetly see him coattail. I’m just glad they’re only pushing Jane in Guest Actress. It definetly increases her chances of a nomination (and a possible win).

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

So Dracula is submitted after all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus James Dixon
    Topics:

Wow great work on all of these Netflix submissions, Chris!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

Which will drop first? NBC’s Emmy lineup….or ‘Tenet’?

*rolleyes*

Just sloppy, Peacock. SLOPPY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rstang00
    Topics:

In case you’re interested …

Apple TV+

🍎

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

Is there any website devoted to NBC’s 2020 Emmy roster that I may have missed?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Thoughts on Netflix:

Why put Diane Guerrero in supporting? Not like she’s got any sort of shot at being nominated either way, but it just feels strange that she’s so clearly a guest role this season and is still being lumped with their fifty other supporting submissions. Maybe they don’t want her potentially overtaking Cox, but Cox had a glorified cameo this season and Guerrero had a fully-fledged, politically and socially relevant, very emotional arc that would be a thousand times more deserving anyway. Frustrating.

Chris Lowell would be a great nominee, but no Gayle Rankin? Come ON. More than a little ironic when you realize that Sheila’s entire arc this season was about getting people to respect her acting chops.

Sex Education’s guest submissions are bizarre. I guess they probably just wanted to give each category at least one go, but the parts they submitted are just so random that I’m not sure what their line of thinking was. The guy who plays Asa’s dad would have been better. Nice to see Samantha Spiro, though.

They’re really trying to get Danielle Macdonald to be a thing, huh? She was great, don’t get me wrong, but giving her her own campaign ads and everything seems so strange, especially seeing as how her part was not that large or memorable and there’s already a standout in her category.

Space Force was discerning in a good way. Dan Bakkedahl, Diedrich Bader, Patrick Warburton, and the AOC surrogate would have been easy checks, but they’re focusing on the talent and I respect that.

I had no idea Charlie Barnett was in the second season of You! Still have no desire to see that but he was one of last year’s most criminal snubs (that no one ever talked about!), so it’s nice to see him getting work! <3

Devi’s two friends in NHIE not getting regular status and then being snubbed from the Emmy submission list… let’s get those ladies some respect please. Missed opportunities for Angela Kinsey, Atticus Shaffer, and Iqbal Theba submissions as well.

The Jacobi, Chaplin, and Fennell omissions are still infuriating. Guest is SO WIDE OPEN this year, why not just throw them out there?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 416 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.