Home Forums Television Official Emmys 2020 Submission Lists

Official Emmys 2020 Submission Lists

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 406 through 416 (of 416 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
forwardswill
Chris Beachum
  • Profile picture
    Dana S.
    Topics:

So Dracula is submitted after all.

Lol, it’s like they are throwing everything at the wall. It has zero chances to get nominated for anything, due to how it tanked after the final episode and how quickly it got forgotten.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Why put Diane Guerrero in supporting? Not like she’s got any sort of shot at being nominated either way, but it just feels strange that she’s so clearly a guest role this season and is still being lumped with their fifty other supporting submissions. Maybe they don’t want her potentially overtaking Cox, but Cox had a glorified cameo this season and Guerrero had a fully-fledged, politically and socially relevant, very emotional arc that would be a thousand times more deserving anyway. Frustrating.

Actually, they snubbed a lot of actresses and actors this year. Most notably, three of the highlights this season in supporting – Jessica Pimentel, Alysia Reiner and Elizabeth Rodriguez, and the best guest star this seasons by far – Karina Arroyave. I hope Arroyave submits herself. What they are doing with Laverne Cox is horrible, she did not had anything to do, she should not have been submitted at all. Her campaign last year was so aggressive that she should have just step back this year and give it to Arroyave and Guerrero.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Kinda love that both Grace Gummer & Meryl Streep are in the same category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

I think both sucession episodes will make it into directing though an unpopular opinion I want hunting to win more than this is not for tears for directing. I know mark Mylod is sucession main director but I honestly think hunting was technically more impressive. Also I’m really surprised Armstrong didn’t submit tern haven for writing too. He could’ve easily gotten a double writing nomination imo and won for teen haven without splitting votes with himself for this is not for tears

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Thoughts on Netflix: Why put Diane Guerrero in supporting? Not like she’s got any sort of shot at being nominated either way, but it just feels strange that she’s so clearly a guest role this season and is still being lumped with their fifty other supporting submissions. Maybe they don’t want her potentially overtaking Cox, but Cox had a glorified cameo this season and Guerrero had a fully-fledged, politically and socially relevant, very emotional arc that would be a thousand times more deserving anyway. Frustrating. Chris Lowell would be a great nominee, but no Gayle Rankin? Come ON. More than a little ironic when you realize that Sheila’s entire arc this season was about getting people to respect her acting chops. Sex Education’s guest submissions are bizarre. I guess they probably just wanted to give each category at least one go, but the parts they submitted are just so random that I’m not sure what their line of thinking was. The guy who plays Asa’s dad would have been better. Nice to see Samantha Spiro, though. They’re really trying to get Danielle Macdonald to be a thing, huh? She was great, don’t get me wrong, but giving her her own campaign ads and everything seems so strange, especially seeing as how her part was not that large or memorable and there’s already a standout in her category. Space Force was discerning in a good way. Dan Bakkedahl, Diedrich Bader, Patrick Warburton, and the AOC surrogate would have been easy checks, but they’re focusing on the talent and I respect that. I had no idea Charlie Barnett was in the second season of You! Still have no desire to see that but he was one of last year’s most criminal snubs (that no one ever talked about!), so it’s nice to see him getting work! <3 Devi’s two friends in NHIE not getting regular status and then being snubbed from the Emmy submission list… let’s get those ladies some respect please. Missed opportunities for Angela Kinsey, Atticus Shaffer, and Iqbal Theba submissions as well. The Jacobi, Chaplin, and Fennell omissions are still infuriating. Guest is SO WIDE OPEN this year, why not just throw them out there?

Rankin is in submission for Glow. She probably submitted herself

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Apple TV+

I wonder if the fact that Martin Sheen is the only The Morning Show guest actor might help him get to a nom because he is ‘the only’ The Morning Show guest actor.

If that’s the case then I’m torn between him and Fagbenle for the last slot.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think both sucession episodes will make it into directing though an unpopular opinion I want hunting to win more than this is not for tears for directing. I know mark Mylod is sucession main director but I honestly think hunting was technically more impressive. Also I’m really surprised Armstrong didn’t submit tern haven for writing too. He could’ve easily gotten a double writing nomination imo and won for teen haven without splitting votes with himself for this is not for tears

Tern Haven was actually written by Will Tracy and if it was written by Armstrong he wouldn’t be able to submit two episodes (unless he had a co-writing credit and the other submitted the episode à la Mad Men but he didn’t co-write episodes with other writers this season).

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

Kinda love that both Grace Gummer & Meryl Streep are in the same category.

Grace Gummer would be such a great nominee too. A really inspired pick that we hope the expanded lineups will give us (but obviously voters will fall back on old favorites and third tier contenders from series frontrunners, sigh).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

Tern Haven was actually written by Will Tracy and if it was written by Armstrong he wouldn’t be able to submit two episodes (unless he had a co-writing credit and the other submitted the episode à la Mad Men but he didn’t co-write episodes with other writers this season).

oh that explains a lot thank you. Kinda surprised he didn’t wrote that episode nevertheless he getting that second Emmy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I had completely forgotten about this documentary but ABC has submitted “Beyoncé Presents: Making The Gift” for Hosted Nonfiction Series or Special, Directing for a Documentary or Nonfiction Program and Picture Editing for a Nonfiction Program. I think this provides potential for 8-time nominee Beyoncé to score two additional nominations (and hopefully a win… finally!).

Beyoncé has received two Directing nominations at the Emmys (Lemonade in 2016 and Homecoming: A Film By Beyoncé last year). Another Directing nomination would be quite a feat.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Grace Gummer would be such a great nominee too. A really inspired pick that we hope the expanded lineups will give us (but obviously voters will fall back on old favorites and third tier contenders from series frontrunners, sigh).

Lorde I hope that would happen, Gummer gave an absolutely outstanding performance during throughout entire run of the show and was phenomenally cathartic in 4×10.

It’s an absolute beast of a winning tape if I’ve ever seen one.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 406 through 416 (of 416 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.