Home Forums Television Official Emmys 2020 Submission Lists

Official Emmys 2020 Submission Lists

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 305 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
forwardswill
Chris Beachum
  • Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Brown in supporting is a disappointment but not a surprise.

Putting Andrew Scott and Anne Hathaway in supporting is a MONUMENTAL mistake. Guest is so widely open this year, and it’s so easy to be name-checked there. And while no one’s beating Eddie Murphy, Hathaway could’ve run away with the win if she’d gotten in guest (no one had a better performance than hers with a submission episode that’s entirely focused around her). Honestly such a bad move on Amazon’s part.

And not like she’ll be nominated, but cool to have it confirmed that Hong Chau will have an expanded role this season of Homecoming.

We weren’t expecting to see them nominated, but interesting to see Hsu, Aaron, and Pollak not submitted for Maisel. I guess they’ll probably submit themselves, but I think this actually means very good things for McClain. Even with his smaller role, it seems Amazon is making him a priority. He’s got the performance to back it up, so I hope they can land him a nod, that would be very cool.

And there’s a fifth iron in the fire for Janney with Troop Zero. She really had a great season, huh?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fvg627
    Topics:

The Modern Love placements seem pretty arbitrary. The guests have a better chance than the supportings… Anne Hathaway would have had a great shot in guest but in supporting I doubt she gets in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

I’m here for the guest contenders that Amazon submitted, totally agreeing that all Modern Love performers should have gone guest (but no Catherine Keener anywhere?). Previous Emmy winners Joan Cusack from Homecoming and Judd Hirsch from Hunters could definitely get in. And, since the people submitting for TMMM insist on placing SKB in the supporting category (his only function would be to hurt Shalhoub if he does manage to get nominated), I could definitely see Jason Alexander sneaking into the comedy guest category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

That list really highlights how little Amazon actually has other than Maisel. I mean we all talk about the number of Apple original shows that haven’t landed but actually Amazon have had basically nothing other than Transparent and Maisel and that’s across many years. This has just been disguised by the fact that their acquisitions (Fleabag, A Very English Scandal) have done well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

The Modern Love placements are all over the place. Everyone should have gone to guest no matter what. Any anthology shows should even do that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

Won’t have any effect on nominations but interesting to see Undone compete as a drama series. Has an animated series ever competed in drama before?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Won’t have any effect on nominations but interesting to see Undone compete as a drama series. Has an animated series ever competed in drama before?

Is Undone eligible for animated series and drama series? Was Family Guy eligible for both categories when it was nominated for comedy series?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

Is Undone eligible for animated series and drama series? Was Family Guy eligible for both categories when it was nominated for comedy series?

You have to pick one or the other.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

How is the final season of The Man in the High Castle not submitting guest Stephen Root when plays the Man in the High Castle himself?

Those Modern Love submissions could not be more random.  The second episode is the highest-rated on IMDb and is a two-hander between first-billed Catherine Keener and Dev Patel, so they submit Patel in guest, but not Keener at all and they submit Andy Garcia and Caitlin McGee in guest for minor roles in the same episode?  They similarly have Jane Alexander, John Gallagher Jr., Julia Garner and in supporting, but their respective co-leads James Saito, Sofia Boutella and Shea Whigham are not even in guest.  The Andrew Scott episode is a three-hander, so they put him in supporting, Brandon Kyle Goodman in guest and did not submit first-billed Olivia Cooke at all.  Tina Fey is co-lead of her episode, but she is in guest opposite Sarita Choudhury in the minor role of her therapist?

Fey is the best bet at a nomination, but I find it concerning that they snubbed her for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, which was a series nominee, plus that was the year that it broke into lead actress and Fey had been nominated as a guest in that show the year before.  It seemed like a conscious rejection and Fey is actually bad in her Modern Love episode, which is deep in the season too.  Patel has a harder category, but he has a good and early episode as mentioned.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

“Amazon is ‘Maisel’ and not much else.”

Those fans of The Expanse would suggest that IT and not Maisel, is Amazon’s best show that hardly anyone’s heard of. Category placement is a little suspect to me, Strait should be lead actor alone while Anvar and Chatham should’ve dropped to supporting. Have them join Thomas Jane there and send Strathairn to Guest Actor. As for Tipper and Aghdashloo, I’d flip them (Supporting and Lead), leave Gee and Adams in supporting and send McLeod to Guest Actress. But that’s just me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

I also believe they changed it in the last few years so that you can’t try to swap categories later like we’ve seen shows do with comedy and drama.

Kind of a shame because Undone would’ve been a very deserving nominee in Animation.

Also, anyone else think Maisel will get almost all of its submitted actors nominated?  Depends how lazy voters feel but everyone they’ve submitted is at least memorable

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Hathaway, Patel and Keener deserved nominations in guest. It’s sad that Keener wasn’t even submitted, and Hathaway is a long shot in the only competitive category on the comedy side.

Thanks. I know Undone is a long shot, but I’d be pretty happy if Rosa Salazar gets a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Turd Ferguson
    Topics:

“Amazon is ‘Maisel’ and not much else.”

Those fans of The Expanse would suggest that IT and not Maisel, is Amazon’s best show that hardly anyone’s heard of. Category placement is a little suspect to me, Strait should be lead actor alone while Anvar and Chatham should’ve dropped to supporting. Have them join Thomas Jane there and send Strathairn to Guest Actor. As for Tipper and Aghdashloo, I’d flip them (Supporting and Lead), leave Gee and Adams in supporting and send McLeod to Guest Actress. But that’s just me.

You clearly did not read the actual post.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Remember that the networks/studios aren’t the only ones making submissions. We’ve seen many times over that the personal reps also make entries. In fact, when the networks reach out regarding paperwork, there isn’t anything for them to do if they’re already being entered on their own.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

You people aren’t lying, those Modern Love submissions are disastrous.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 305 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.