Home Forums Television Please Help a TV Viewer – Best Episodes of the 2004-2005 Season

Please Help a TV Viewer – Best Episodes of the 2004-2005 Season

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Couch Potato
  • Oddball
    Participant
    Topics:

One of my favorite threads here are around Emmy-time, when helmetz asks members for their favorite Drama and Comedy episodes of the season. Although their purpose is to curate the finest dramatic and comic episodes of the season for an Emmy voter, I find them to be a useful guide for a non-voter like myself.

With that said, it’s a shame the threads don’t go further back. For this reason, I’m initiating a thread for the 2004-2005 season. Although I’ve seen entire seasons from this TV season (Veronica Mars, Lost, etc.), I’d still like to revisit some of the standout episodes without necessarily viewing all 22+ episodes. I’d also love to see episode suggestions of shows I haven’t watched yet.

There’s no limit to the amount of suggestions, and they can be from any category (Comedy, Drama, Limited, even Documentary and Reality!).

So think back to the 2004-2005 season, a season before streaming, a season where it seemed like broadcast television was going to be capable of matching cable in terms of production values, hype, and awards. We saw the premiere of Desperate Housewives, House, Lost, Veronica Mars, Boston Legal, Medium, the American remake of The Office, the critically-acclaimed but all but forgotten Eyes, and of course the still-running Grey’s Anatomy. Which isn’t to say that we didn’t also see the debut seasons of the usual dross but those aforementioned shows were enough to give critics and viewers hope.

Over on cable, it was more low-key. HBO didn’t seem to unveil any new dramas this season but launch the successful Entourage, FX had Rescue Me, Showtime had Huff.

Which episodes from this season do you remember fondly more than a decade later?

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Every episodes of the first season of Desperate Housewives are iconic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Couch Potato
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely ‘Three Stories’ from House and the pilot from Lost. Both are fantastic episodes of television and have watched them multiple times.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.