Home Forums Television Please Help an Emmy Voter — Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series 2020

Please Help an Emmy Voter — Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Dominique Dev..
FYC : J. Smit..
  • Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Although I have seen other episodes of “Succession” suggested, my gut tells me Jesse Armstrong will submit the finale “This Is Not For Tears,” which I just happen to find as the best-written episode of the television season.

On the plus side, every “Succession” episode mentioned here so far is written by a different person, so they can all be submitted and nominated, in theory. At least two can make the final cut, I think. But on the minus side, the vote is diluted the more episodes make it in. Armstrong didn’t have to deal with that last year, but he surely will now with the show’s increased popularity. The only way around that is if HBO submits one episode, which I highly doubt happens.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel P. (gabspss)
    Topics:

If they submit “Hunting”, “Safe Room”, “Tern Haven” and “This Is Not For Tears” don’t be surprised if all episodes get nominated. And I think since the writing is so powerful even with vote-splitting the winner would still be Succession. Similar to what happened with The Sopranos and Mad Men.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Potatohead
    Topics:

My Brilliant Friend – “Ghosts”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

This Is Us – “Strangers: Part 2”, written by Dan Fogelman.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Potatohead
    Topics:

Can’t endorse the whole season, but Westworld‘s “The Mother of Exiles” was great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marco11
    Topics:

My Brilliant Friend, Ghosts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    m844
    Topics:

The Crown, “Aberfan” (changed because “Bubbikins” was not submitted)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jesse
    Topics:

Succession is great but would like to Spotlight The Good Fight.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

“Stay” – How To Get Away With Murder; written by Pete Nowalk.

FYC 2020 Emmys: Viola Davis (HTGAWM), Cicely Tyson (HTGAWM), Eddie Murphy (SNL)

FYC 2021 Oscars: Jennifer Hudson (Respect), Viola Davis (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy), Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)

FYC 2021 Grammys: Ledisi (Trad. R&B Perf. - "Anything For You")

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

Honestly just close your eyes and select everything Succession submits in Writing, especially “Tern Haven” written by Will Tracy and “This is Not For Tears” written by Jesse Armstrong (last year’s winner back with a much much better script).
    Also, I’d like to add I wouldn’t nominate Westworld for writing at all this season, regardless of the episode(s) they submit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

The Crown, “Bubbikins” (Episode 4, Season 3)

They’re submitting Aberfan!

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

Considering nothing on TV this year really blown me away I had to go through people’s comments here to get ideas

For the win I’d choose anything they’d send from Succession. The writing is truly the show’s best aspect. I would also love to see Westworld gain a nomination, for either “The Mother of Exiles” or “Crisis Theory” (you’ve already proven you don’t follow internet hate trends last year, and I think Jonathan Nolan did well in this one). Some people suggested My Brilliant Friend or the Affair which I’d love to see getting nominated but I don’t really think they have enough support to do so.
    The Crown and BCS are 100% getting nominated so there’s no point even discussing that haha… As I said between the nominated bunch I’d choose Succession

For Your Consideration Emmys 2020:
    Ramin Djawadi- Outstanding Music Composition, "Westworld"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dynasty86
    Topics:

“Never Knew Love Like This Before” (Pose) written by Ryan Murphy & Janet Mock.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MisterScones
    Topics:

Mr. Robot – “407 Proxy Authentication Required” (written by Sam Esmail)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

“Never Knew Love Like This Before” (Pose) written by Ryan Murphy & Janet Mock.

OMG! I don’t know how I forgot about Pose. “Never Knew Love Like This Before” is brilliant acting wise, but “Butterfly/Cocoon” and “In My Heels” are far better submissions writing wise.

FYC 2020 Emmys: Viola Davis (HTGAWM), Cicely Tyson (HTGAWM), Eddie Murphy (SNL)

FYC 2021 Oscars: Jennifer Hudson (Respect), Viola Davis (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy), Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)

FYC 2021 Grammys: Ledisi (Trad. R&B Perf. - "Anything For You")

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.