Home Forums Television Please Help an Emmy Voter — Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series 2020

Please Help an Emmy Voter — Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
Dominique Dev..
FYC : J. Smit..
  • Profile picture
    Dynasty86
    Topics:

OMG! I don’t know how I forgot about Pose. “Never Knew Love Like This Before” is brilliant acting wise, but “Butterfly/Cocoon” and “In My Heels” are far better submissions writing wise.

Agree that both those eppys definitely should’ve been submitted! Still, “NKLLTB” was chosen as the sole writing submission for Pose and would make a worthy nominee imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

In that case, “Never Knew Love Like This Before” is the perfect submission. By the way, where did you learn it was chosen as the sole writing submission? Would you please provide a link?

FYC 2020 Emmys: Viola Davis (HTGAWM), Cicely Tyson (HTGAWM), Eddie Murphy (SNL)

FYC 2021 Oscars: Jennifer Hudson (Respect), Viola Davis (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy), Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)

FYC 2021 Grammys: Ledisi (Trad. R&B Perf. - "Anything For You")

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dynasty86
    Topics:

Yes, it’s on the FX FYC Site with all the other submissions for the show 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

Thank you! 🙂

FYC 2020 Emmys: Viola Davis (HTGAWM), Cicely Tyson (HTGAWM), Eddie Murphy (SNL)

FYC 2021 Oscars: Jennifer Hudson (Respect), Viola Davis (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Glenn Close (Hillbilly Elegy), Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)

FYC 2021 Grammys: Ledisi (Trad. R&B Perf. - "Anything For You")

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Alex Pizziolo
    Topics:

Euphoria – “The Trials and Tribulations of Trying to Pee While Depressed” written by Sam Levinson

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

How to Get Away With Murder / “Stay” written by Pete Nowalk

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

I don’t know if it’s what they’re submitting but: Tern Haven, Succession

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vice Wicked
    Topics:

They will probably submit the pilot episode since it’s the one who deservedly got in WGA Awards even though in episodic comedy. But it’s a perfect blend of black comedy and southern gothic surrealism. Shifting between these genres could be off-putting but the writing embraces its weirdness effortlessly, setting the tone for a series that’s unlike anything on TV this season. Please consider:

On Becoming a God in Central Florida“The Stinker Thinker”
    Written by Robert Funke & Matt Lutsky

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

Yep, they are only campaigning the pilot: https://www.viacbsfyc.com/showtime/on-becoming-a-god-in-central-florida/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vice Wicked
    Topics:

Great to hear this. The pilot is the best representation of the series. Would you know if the WGA voting body is somehow a close representation of the TV Academy? I think Writing isn’t as competitive this year outside The Crown, Succession, Better Call Saul and possibly The Handmaid’s Tale, so I’m hoping this episode could get in but one of the hurdles I see is it’s switch to Drama, not to mention, the popularity of the show among Academy members.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

The WGA voting body is representative of the Emmy writers’ branch, but the episodic WGA category in which On Becoming a God in Central Florida was nominated is not representative of the WGA voting body because it was decided by a panel. This is how you have shows like The OA nominated in the WGA episodic categories, whereas the WGA series categories that are voted on by the general WGA membership are almost exclusively Emmy series and writing nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vice Wicked
    Topics:

The WGA voting body is representative of the Emmy writers’ branch, but the episodic WGA category in which On Becoming a God in Central Florida was nominated is not representative of the WGA voting body because it was decided by a panel. This is how you have shows like The OA nominated in the WGA episodic categories, whereas the WGA series categories that are voted on by the general WGA membership are almost exclusively Emmy series and writing nominees.

Thank you and noted. That also explains why The Leftovers has been snubbed by the Emmys despite getting in WGA episodic twice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    helmetz
    Topics:

You guys have offered me such terrific script suggestions so far that I’m scrambling to watch them all. But please keep them coming!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    adamunc
    Topics:

More support for “Aberfan”, THE CROWN.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Josh Labron
    Topics:

I’m not sure what episode/s they’re submitting, but really anything from Pose – Ideally ‘In My Heels’

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.