Happy 57th birthday Doctor Who and Clara Oswald! On this day in 1963 one of the biggest cult sci-fi shows aired for the very first time.
To celebrate I’d thought we play a game ranking your top 10 performances from the show in three different categories (Doctor, Companion and Other). The Doctor category will only be limited to you having to choose 5 out of 7 of the possible options (Eccleston, Tennant, Smith, Hurt, Capaldi and Whittaker and Martin).
Every two days the points would be added together (i.e. 10th place = 1 point and vice versa) and the game will be set as candidates will be eliminated. In the final round the remaining 2 performances from each of the three categories will battle it out with each other.
Post your ranking of the performances below! For an example of how to format them here is my ranking.
1. David Tennant (10)
2. Peter Capaldi (12)
3. Jodie Whittaker (13)
4. Christopher Eccleston (9)
5. Jo Martin (Ruth)
1. Bernard Cribbins (Wilfred)
2. Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith)
3. Catherine Tate (Donna Noble)
4. Billie Piper (Rose Tyler)
5. Alex Kingston (River Song)
6. Jenna Coleman (Clara Oswald)
7. John Barrowman (Captain Jack)
8. Bradley Walsh (Graham)
9. Lindsay Duncan (Adelaide Brooke)
10. Karen Gillan (Amy Pond)
Other Characters (Featured/Supporting) Performances
1. Jessica Hynes, season 3
2. Michelle Gomez, season 8 to 10
3. Sacha Dhawan, season 12
4. John Simm, season 3
5. Carey Mulligan, season 3
6. Camille Coduri, season 1 to 2
7. Jacqueline King, season 4
8. David Morissey
9. Frances Barber, season 6
10. Chris Noth, season 11
FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"