Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2019 TV Nominees Reactions

SAG Awards 2019 TV Nominees Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 136 through 141 (of 141 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Eden
Ivo Stoyanov
  • Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel bad for Elisabeth Moss. This is her only chance at winning her individual SAG for the near future at least. Who knows how many seasons THT is gonna have and how long it’s gonna stay relevant enough in order to stick around awards-wise. This year’s SAG could definitely go to either Sandra Oh or Robin Wright, and in the next couple of years I could see them rewarding Olivia Colman both times just like Claire Foy.

I don’t think Emmy-winner Elisabeth Moss is losing sleep over not having an individual SAG award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    JB
    Participant
    Topics:

Ensemble is going to “Handmaids” or “This is Us”. I guarantee it. And remember, all SAG members got the entire season of “Handmaids” on dvd.
    That will help.
    I think the only TV categories that are easy to predict are the TV movie/Limited series ones where Criss and Adams will win… It’s gonna be a fascinating year…. I’m also prepared to see everything I voted for lose, lol

Predictions:
    Drama Ensemble: Handmaids Tale
    ~ spoiler: This is Us
    Comedy Ensemble: Mrs. Maisel
    ~ spoiler: Glow
    Actor Drama: Sterling K. Brown, This is Us
    ~ spoiler: Jason Bateman
    Actress Drama: Robin Wright, House of Cards (please!)
    ~ spoiler: Sandra Oh or Elizabeth Moss
    * I think this is the tightest race of the night
    Comedy Actress: Rachel Brosnahan, Mrs. Maisel
    ~ spoiler: Lily Tomlin
    Comedy Actor: Henry Winkler, Barry
    ~ spoiler: Donal Glover
    TV Movie Actor: Darren Criss
    ~ spoiler: Hugh Grant
    TV Movie Actress: Amy Adams
    ~ spoiler: Patricia Arquette
    Stunt Ensemble: Glow
    ~ spoiler: Jack Ryan

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

I still haven’t gotten over The Good Place being shut out entirely. Not even a nomination for the iconic industry veteran Ted Danson’s recently Emmy-nominated performance as Michael is really sad. I know the ratings have never been stellar for this show, but come on, do your homework voters!

You’re gonna feel even more bad after last night’s devastating season finale. What do folks see in Mrs. Maisel? What makes them so damn special?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am catching up on TIU and it’s an absolute crime that Brown is even nominated. He’s done absolutely zero to deserve this. Milo has been far more impactful. Not only does he have that entire second half of season 2, but IMO, he already has two Emmy submissions in season 3. I just watched “Sometimes,” and that may have been his best and most honest performance.

Brown is an amazing actor but is not getting good material to work with anymore. If they gave him more, maybe I’d be on board with his nods, but not with his current material. Either people only watched the first season and are checking his name off, or it’s just name-check in general, or both. What a shame.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 136 through 141 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.