Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2019 TV Nominees Reactions

SAG Awards 2019 TV Nominees Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 141 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Eden
Ivo Stoyanov
  • Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

With Sterling K. Brown nominated over Milo Ventimiglia you’re sure they didn’t watch TV this year.

Usual awful TV nominees from SAG.

No Keri Russell? Really? Bill Pullman over Del Toro, Dano, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jared Harris and many others?

Bryan Tyree Haney not nominated? All The Kominsky Method and Grace & Frankie love but no room for One Day At The Time?

No Good Place?

No Homecoming? Or Pose?

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Memo to K-Bell, Ted, Dubjack, D’Arcy; get booked on Grace and Frankie or Kominsky; SAG nominations assured!!

😮
    ☹️

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

No Julia is glaring. Thought she would land an easy nomination fo “Homecoming.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’ve tried not to be overly negative with these awards lately, but these nominations are kind of bullshit to me. I love seeing Darren Criss, Julia Garner, and finally the casts of The Americans and Better Call Saul recognized, but they were late to the party on the latter and I am still in shock that both Rhys and Russell got snubbed individually. Weird. 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

The doubling up on so many categories is so irritating

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Miles Surrey from The Ringer took these words right out of my mind when talking about the “winners” and “losers” of the SAG Awards:

Loser: The Good Place

“As last week’s Janet-centric episode proved, the performances of its talented ensemble is the glue that holds The Good Place together. Unfortunately, NBC’s otherworldly sitcom garnered zero SAG nominations. It’s hard to make a compelling argument for excluding the work of Kristen Bell, Ted Danson, and D’Arcy Carden—or for the group getting shut out of the Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series category. Clearly, the SAG Awards is the Bad Place.“

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Teridax, I think we need Shawn to start handing out Cocoons of Doom (tm: me!) to SAG voters like Oprah’s Favorite Things.

YOU get a Cocoon of Doom! YOU get a Cocoon of Doom! And YOU get a Cocoon of Doom! EVERYBODY gets a Cocoon of Doom!!

🏆🤗😃

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Teridax, I think we need Shawn to start handing out Cocoons of Doom (tm: me!) to SAG voters like Oprah’s Favorite Things.

YOU get a Cocoon of Doom! YOU get a Cocoon of Doom! And YOU get a Cocoon of Doom! EVERYBODY gets a Cocoon of Doom!!

🏆🤗😃

Can’t argue with that. I haven’t seen the newest season (or most of the series to be honest) of Grace and Frankie, but NOTHING will convince me that Fonda and Tomlin deserved to be nominated more than Bell or Carden or Jamil. All 3 of those ladies have created such funny and memorable TV characters with their performances, let alone the high writing quality, that it feels criminal for them and the rest of the great cast to receive no love.

Also… what the fork is Atlanta doing in Ensemble??? I would have been fine if Glover or Henry were nominated individually, but the cast rarely spent entire episodes interacting with each other, and it is a small cast on top of that! This isn’t like Seinfeld or Fraiser which had a small ensemble but they all shared tons of screen time per episode, nor is it a cast like Game of Thrones where they often spent time apart in separate storylines but damn what a massive cast. Nothing about Atlanta getting into Ensemble of all categories makes any sense, especially when you see that Zazie Beetz wasn’t even included since she was in less than half the season.

I’m rooting for William Jackson Harper and Kristen Bell to win their Critics Choice and Golden Globe Awards respectively harder than ever now, just to show these SAG voters what REAL quality comedic acting looks like! Ted Danson winning Critics Choice I’m less enthusiastic about since he won already, but he would still be a fine winner again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

One thing I remembered that should make fans of The Good Place at least somewhat happy, D’Arcy Carden is finally a SAG nominee, but as part of the Ensemble of Barry. Hey, better than nothing for Janet. I’ll take it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

If only Barry was a comedy. Which it ISN’T.

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Triple noms for THT.

Talent won!

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m officially done with SAG. Truly disastrous slate of nominees.

The SAGzies (TV’s version of the Razzies).

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

If only Barry was a comedy. Which it ISN’T.

I would argue Atlanta isn’t much of a comedy either. One ought to be grateful that Orange Is The New Black and William H. Macy were finally snubbed after winning and getting nominated when there were clearly far fresher options! Orange was less of a comedy than even Barry is, that show got really dark really early in its run. Even the 1st season could just barely be called a “dramedy” IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I have a feeling Brown & This Is Us are gonna repeat.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Brown & This Is Us are gonna repeat.

Ugh. Well, at least Moss will win.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.